Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Performance Section > N2O Technical

N2O Technical Nitrous Oxide Tech/Help/Discussion

Old August 13th, 2014, 08:31 PM   #26
cmichael818
Search Impaired

I was just planning on hitting 3K and above with a 50-75 shot, play it safe...
cmichael818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #27
custmprobe

So any luck you have purchased, installed, and ran a nitrous system yet?

They are lot's of fun but knowledge is the key! A little bit of smarts goes a long way in not blowing up your engine.
custmprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #28
cmichael818
Search Impaired

No purchasing power yet been putting my money into parts from a custom Probe from a local salvage yard so far. Haven't been able to save up enough for the NX kit. I have been able to pick up some Hotshot headers, a Megan Racing rear upper tower strut bar, adjustable coilovers, and a few other things so far. Next up are the drilled rotors and brake calipers off the donor car. My rears are seized so it's time to replace them. The N2O kit WILL come though! I promise that.
cmichael818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2015, 10:32 AM   #29
muhafuha
Turbo Member

Nitrous limits

50 w stock fuel pump

W upgraded fuel pump 75 is safe all day everyday

I heard the same about 100, but traction is a problem. The secret is launching and hitting nitrous switch at end of first. Invest in a bottle heater and your best runs will be on a full bottle. Have fun
Old August 12th, 2015, 10:37 AM   #30
muhafuha
Turbo Member

Oh another FYI, you r going to want a tranny saver bracket. The weakest part after upgraded clutch is your trans. It will break eventually in the same spot every time . tranny saver will stop this!
Old February 17th, 2016, 06:02 PM   #31
crazyprobe
Juiced Member

a bottle heater is a must i ran 13.5@105 with a 75shot @ ~900psi but my bottle warmer wasn't working that day, and each and every run after that was slower and slower, As the bottle pressure slowly dropped. My best runs were around 1000psi but never hit the track.

i never launched on the bottle as i was already spinning right through first gear, however my switch was next to my shifter and on the 1-2 shift i'd flip it in one smooth motion.

whats this tranny saver? i put a huge crack in my tranny casing back in the day and at the time there wasn't any other options for our trannys. it's been 13-14 years i've had my probe so i wonder if anything has changed regarding this issue.
Old February 19th, 2016, 12:10 PM   #32
Whitefinish
Supercharged Member

How much PSI do you get your bottle with that heater?

I have a simple one, but it takes forever before it's warmed up.

KLZE highcompression, Pippercros Viper intake, kl31cams, MS1 v3, Aasco fly, CM st3 clutch, cai, ss headers, ground wirekit, srd bushings, msd window switches, nitrous
Whitefinish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2016, 08:03 AM   #33
dammitcam
Donating User

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyprobe View Post
whats this tranny saver? i put a huge crack in my tranny casing back in the day and at the time there wasn't any other options for our trannys. it's been 13-14 years i've had my probe so i wonder if anything has changed regarding this issue.
Dale Webster has fabricated a new rear crossmember that uses an MX3 style mount, he also makes the tranny saver brackets when he also recommends even with the custom rear(can never be too safe)
1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp
dammitcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2016, 12:35 AM   #34
crazyprobe
Juiced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitcam View Post
[/COLOR]

Dale Webster has fabricated a new rear crossmember that uses an MX3 style mount, he also makes the tranny saver brackets when he also recommends even with the custom rear(can never be too safe)

Thanks I'll have to look into it
Old April 9th, 2016, 12:44 AM   #35
crazyprobe
Juiced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitefinish View Post
How much PSI do you get your bottle with that heater?

I have a simple one, but it takes forever before it's warmed up.

I personally liked to run it at around 1000psi but that all depends on the jet sizing your using etc. To me with the bottle heater you could squeeze a few extra consistant runs before loosing the bottle pressure for example I would get 5-6 fast runs on the bottle instead of just 2-3. as for how fast is should work for me it would go up pretty quick, thats why you'd also need to look into a purge kit as well just in case the psi goes to high.
Old May 20th, 2016, 09:58 AM   #36
jasons96pgtze
Colt Cams BB Master

I started off with a dry 50 shot. Before long that wasnt enough to satisfy me so I bumped it up to 75. Before it was over I was running a 100+ wet shot and I never blew a KL doing this. I will say this though, If you are smart and careful with the way you do things, meaning you run the engine a little on the rich side and NEVER spray in first gear the stock internal KL can handle a pretty good amount of nitrous. Make sure to upgrade your fuel pump and get a aftermarket fpr as well as some colder plugs and you should be good as long as the engine is healthy to start off with. A good way to check for a healthy engine is to do a compression test before deciding to install juice.

1993 turbocharged pgt daily driver check it out here..

jasons96pgtze is offline   Reply With Quote