DID YOU KNOW??? 93-95 to 96-97 Probe GT differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLUEnoEQ View Post
    One question. Was the vendor located in the dealership, aka the dealership was the vendor? If so, then it's not really a myth. Weren't there other spoilers sold through the dealer, like a weird 1st gen one. It makes sense, who else would you want to paint the spoiler? What about those ugly mudflaps? Floor mats?
    No, the business I bought my spoiler from was not associated with the dealership/factory/manufacturer in any way.

And as I said, I had my spoiler painted at the dealership because they were at the time having to fix a factory paint flaw, which is why an additional reason I bought the spoiler at the time that I did...so it would have the benefit of the matched paint they'd already had to mix.

I don't know about the ugly mudflaps/floor mats you're referring to, so I simply won't comment.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
    What do you mean -I am not perpetuating the myth! I merely said "Gotcha" as an acknowledgement to what you said related to the glass tops. How does that relate to perpetuating a myth? You have totally lost me now!
    I was never referring to glass tops. I was still talking about spoilers. You were the person who introduced glass tops for some reason in an effort to reinforce your opinion about three-piece factory spoilers. You got yourself lost.

Comment

You misunderstood me. I got that yours wasn't factory or from the dealer and that you brought it there for the paint. You are saying that they weren't a factory option. I agree. You were saying they weren't a dealer item at any dealer, how do you know that?
      Probe out for Harambe
      94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

Originally posted by Silverprobe View Post
        I was never referring to glass tops. I was still talking about spoilers. You were the person who introduced glass tops for some reason in an effort to reinforce your opinion about three-piece factory spoilers. You got yourself lost.
        No -you lost yourself! I was NEVER referring to factory spoilers. I don't know about them because I have NEVER seen one myself and so I also conclude that they are probably a myth. I was replying to a comment said -that vendors NEVER make aftermarket variations. And that was all I was replying to. So when I said that "You have totally lost me" -you should read between the lines because I was actually referring to you being totally lost.

You said this:
        I would contend that it wasn't even a dealer option. Dealerships don't waste their money on that sort of thing. Options of that sort that are offered at dealerships are either actual Ford accessories, or products from Ford performance divisions like Ford Motorsports..
        and so I countered with this:

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche
        There is actually a counter to that statement. Ford dealerships have been known to "farm out" some options to external sources -similar to how Chevy farmed out the Calloway twin turbo Vette.

One example is the PGT glass top that many people have seen or owned. They were contracted out to Southern Comfort Conversions and offered as a dealer option.
        Which if you wanted me to expand upon -this means that the dealers send these cars directly to these conversion outfits when ordered with the special dealer options such as the glass top -which makes it a dealer option! When the Probe was in it's peak for sales -the Ford dealerships here in Birmingham were sending the Probes to Southern Comfort conversions for the glass top option. And this is likely why there is a much higher concentration of the glass top cars here in B-ham than in the rest of the country (because it was far cheaper for them to get this conversion done here where the conversion factory is located -than it was for other locations in the US).

I didn't even comment about your comment:

Which wouldn't make it a dealer option, but rather, a vendor option.
        which made absolutely no sense because a dealer is a vendor! So I just opted to let you go on thinking you know everything by saying "gotcha". Sometimes it is better to just concede and let the talker think they know everything about everything. So I was just conceding!

You obviously have the only 3-piece spoiler in existence and thus you must know everything about everything. So you are correct -and I am thus perpetuating a myth! Spray on!

P.S. Weren't the Testarossa ground effect kits for the first gen -a dealer option? I found one of those in a local yard here and had posted pics and asked about it -because the job looked too factory -and that is when someone told me that they were a dealer option.

I don't know dammit about the 3-piece spoiler as I have said before -and thus the only person that might be perpetuating a myth about it or other things is yourself!
        Last edited by KLZE Porsche; November 12, 2016, 07:54 AM.
        Success is a measure of determination!
        Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
        $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
        Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
        Restoration of a legend

Comment

I like 94 model best it handles a lot better than my 96 I had
          94 Ford Probe GT -260,500 miles and counting

Comment

My '93 came with a stainless steel muffler. I have yet to change it, in fact I haven't replaced any of the exhaust system. Was this type of muffler standard for the 1993 model year?

Bruce
            1993 Ford Probe GT

Comment

Working...
            X