Car jerks between 2000&2500 rpm in 2,3,4gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car jerks between 2000&2500 rpm in 2,3,4gear

I just noticed today if i shift into second and the rpm are between 2000 and 2500 and i put some gas on its really jerky like if you were to let it fall around 1000rpm and floor it in 2 or 3rd gear. I alway put fuel injector cleaner in so i dont think its anything to do with that. Does anyone have any ideas?
    94PSE, 18inch Chrome eagle alloys 077s, Needed to be lowered but traded it in before i got a chance.

Ok now my car idles low and if i step on the gas the whole engine jerks???

Has anyone had this before? I kinda had somthing like this happen before it was a loose spark plug wire but it was differant then what was happening now. Its going into the shop on monday but i dont have a clue. Im starting to hate my dam PSE.
    94PSE, 18inch Chrome eagle alloys 077s, Needed to be lowered but traded it in before i got a chance.

Comment

One thread or the other. You hit the wrong button I'm guessing.

Note: I merged them for you.
      Last edited by DeathKnight; April 27, 2002, 04:52 PM.
      Eric
      96 Miata M
      We're all still learning...

Comment

Thanx for putting them together. Do you have any clue what is wrong?

Comment

Try cleaning your MAF sensor. A dirty one can cause a really wierd power band. Here's how:

http://www.geocities.com/adamk01452/MAF2.html

Comment

try replacing plug's/wires...this was one of my probs, along with my MAF

Comment

Working...
            X