This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire size calculator

Just figured I'd sticky this up for anyone who didn't have it or didn't know about it. It's helped me loads in the past

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
    '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    '16 Chrysler 300S

Here is a better one.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...foTireMath.jsp
    www.thesixthspeed.com

Rockford Mazda club El presidente

Comment

don't need calculators for this stuff, it's relatively simple:

for each plus one size: +10/-5/+1
      for for 17's, you'll want 235/45R17
      18's you want 245/40R18 etc.
      NoclssGT.com
      PhotoPOC
      DaddyPOC
      1997 Ford Probe GT MTX, 2009 Mazda6i MTX, 2007 Jeep Commander 4x4

Comment

Would it be okay to run 245/45/17 on a 17x7 wheel? What about if the car is lowered 1.6 inches all around? Would that require spacers or would it still be okay to run that specification?
        95 PGT 17x7 Gunmetal w/ Chrome Lip Nexo Wheels on 225/45/17 Nankang NS-1 rubber, SpeedHut Gauges, STS, Gripforce F1 Slotted Cross Drilled Rotors, Painted Calipers (Black), Clear Corners, Illuminas on Tokico Springs, 2 12" MTX 6000T, Audiobahn 840W Amp, Double-Layer Dynamat, 5% Tint,

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2193258 Check it out!

Comment

When I Ordered My Rims They Told Me The Recommended Size For The Rim And The Car Was 215/45 R17 Is That Right ?

Comment

Im running 255 45 17's. I needed spacers, because the inside rubber was rubbing against my strut. the tires are too wide in the back, and they stick out into the fender. It rubs on the outside when i corner hard. 255's are defenitly too wide, but might fit well if you have coilovers, with a thinner strut. id go with 235's to be safe, plus thats enough rubber anyways

Comment

Originally posted by blackpgt420
              Im running 255 45 17's. I needed spacers, because the inside rubber was rubbing against my strut. the tires are too wide in the back, and they stick out into the fender. It rubs on the outside when i corner hard. 255's are defenitly too wide, but might fit well if you have coilovers, with a thinner strut. id go with 235's to be safe, plus thats enough rubber anyways

235's may be enough, but i bet your car looks mean as shit and handles very well. I used to run 245's in the rear and 235's up front when i had my probe. That along with tokico illuminas(perches cut) and DZ coilovers made my car handle like it was on rails. I also loved the look it gave the car, i always had tons of compliments
              1997 SILVER GTS: HYDROLOCKED ENGINE AS OF FRIDAY, MAY 16th 2003
              1994 ROLLED PAINT JOB WHITE GT: WORK IN PROGRESS, DRIVABILITY AND ELECTRICAL GREMLINS ARE OUTTA CONTROL, TRYING MY MUTHA EFFIN PATIENCE...LOL
              2002 DODGE RAM, 4.7: DROPPED VALVE SEAT, BUT THE ENGINE ISNT BLOWN, SO IM SAVING FOR A COUPLE HEADS AND AN ENGINE KIT

Comment

xxxxxxx
                93 mazda mx6 turbo 650whp

Comment

Working...
                X