Help-Timing belt shredded, not wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help-Timing belt shredded, not wont start

Ok, it died on the highway got 75 set on Cruise control, after running GREAT for 2 days. Timing belt shreded, so after replacing belt and tensioner pully, properly aligning cams and crank to TDC, the engine still wont crank over. It does crank, but will not turn on. Could it be the ECU, MAF, or any other guesses????? We did get it to run for a sec. with the throttle wide open and someone pushing in the cone on the MAF, but once it started, it sounded horriable, then died again. This engine is a non-interference engine.

1994 MX6-manual (Just some engine specs-KLZE-10.2:1 wiesco pistons, millenia rods, titanium retainers, dual valve springs-frerra-probinator chip on de ecu)

Please any help or previous experience would releave a ton of stress on me right now, it is my DD and i need it asap! Thanks Guys

Wow, really, no one can help my situation? Please, i value your inputs!

Comment

well i was thinking cranck position sensor till u mentioned bout what u and ur friends did to the vaf. i would try changing it out and see what happenes.

but i would also check the cps there's a chance that when the belt shredded it ripped the wire apart.

just my 2 cents
      if things seem outta control then ur going too fast.

Comment

Cps was checked, no ripped wires, and tested with olhm meeter, still good.

Comment

then i would try changing out the vaf and see what happens.
          if things seem outta control then ur going too fast.

Comment

it's a VAF not a MAF.

have you tried pulling the codes? And when you put the timing belt on, did you turn the crank over 2 full rotations and recheck the timing marks?
            '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
            '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
            '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

compression check? spark ? fuel?
              93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
              Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
              1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

Could be a bad harmonic balancer/crank pulley. Alt belt slipping on crank pulley and causing a timing issue if the two half start separate. Replacing it...a lot of electrically problem go away.

Comment

Ok, mad some progress today. After swapping ECU, VAF, and replacing CPS, we still had the same issue. Did a compression test, and no compression in the back head. So we made a little progress, but i will tear appart the head again tues. night.

By the belt slipping on the camgear with a non-interference engine, could i have possibile broken the camshaft???

Comment

Some say that you cant bend valves on non-interference engine, but I would imagine if the slip is big enough to keep the valves open at TDC, you can bend the valves or/and make some holes in the piston. Now it you timing belt broke instead of the slip the you would of been safe.
                    Last edited by artsvetkov; October 4, 2009, 04:51 PM.
                    Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.

Comment

OK, found the problem. I dont know what caused it but ONLY the EXHAUST is bent. How the hell that happened i dunno. Must have been when the timing belt slipped. Anyone else bent valves before? I figured it would have bent the intake too. I dont know why else the valves would be stuck in the open position. The cams dont even touch HLA's.....so if anyone else knows of any helpfull hints, please let me know.

Comment

well if slippage cased exhaust timing to open on the exhaust stroke, before the overlap that would do it.
                        Last edited by artsvetkov; October 6, 2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I hope piston damage is minimal!!!! i will have heads off tomorrow night to check.

Comment

Gl to you, glad you at least found the problem even though it's bad.
                            1996 PGT-T...SOLD
                            N20 is like a beautiful women with an STD: you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

Comment

hmm non-interference means that you can have the valves open, and you can turn the crank 360 degrees and the the pistons will never touch the valves.. thats what non-interference is...

Maybe when you put the wiseco pistons in there valve reliefs were not made to the same spec as oem.
                              94 PGT -T, Used to be quick

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life

Comment

Working...
                              X