Nasty Heating & A/C Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty Heating & A/C Issues

Add anything about A/C & Heating you feel is helpful or interesting.

I fired my mechanic today. Three weeks and the a/c still isn't working. Found an a/c shop in the San Fernando Valley that installed a/c units in new Ford Probes for the Valley Ford dealers for pretty much the entire production run is my understanding... Did a brisk business servicing them for years... and still hears from guys like us a few times a year.

AIRMEC
    10217 Canoga Ave, Chatsworth, CA 91311
    (818) 341-7077
    For service ask for Morgan

For parts....http://airpartsonline.com

Larry T
    Thousand Oaks, CA

Bought another 89PGT awhile back... Taking it to AIRMEC next week. They really know their stuff.

Larry T

Comment

Question im from minnesota. My probe had a/c delete, tubes cut at the fire wall, I didnt do it my self it was that way when I bought the car. How much money possibly an what all do I need to re add ac. I thought id never want a/c but **** some times I just wanna drive at night with the tinted windows up lol. 94 probe
      Minnesota Probe owner, Looking for others in Minnesota

Comment

I just went through this minus the lines being actually cut..
        In your case you'll need the
        Lines under the dash
        Low pressure/High pressure lines in the bay
        Accumulator
        Condenser
        Compressor
        Compressor oil
        R134A
        Professional Evacuation for efficiency
        24mm and 22mm wrenches for double wrenching the male and female lines
        10 mm wrench for the compressor mounting bolts and the lines at the compressor

If you're buying new equipment it'll probably cost you $1000 in parts alone
        If your lines going through the firewall are actually damaged and you get this professionally installed plan on spending at least the value of the car to re-add AC.

I fortunately was lucky enough to find a local who wanted to delete his AC to add a supercharger to his k8 so I picked up everything I needed for $100 and added the components myself.. I was blowing cold air in about an hour
        Last edited by zerialz; August 1, 2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Yep I can manage the heat an sweat some fat off of my self lol. I just went to snapon today... well you can guess how that went haha but thank you for this info I took a screen shot incase I truly change my mind
          Minnesota Probe owner, Looking for others in Minnesota

Comment

If I lived in MN I wouldn't have bothered with AC... I live in Las Vegas though and my car is a dark color... You can see why AC was a must for me..

Comment

Just re-did the AC on my base......IIRC the nuts on the compressor for the lines are 12mm or 14mm, of course I stole mine from a 626

Be sure to use new seals on your lines, vacuum the system for a half hour to get all the moisture out. AC is incredibly simple once you learn what you're doing and how refrigeration works.

I live in Florida it's been 95 the past few days with a heat index of well over 100 and 500% humidity and even though it looks like someone got murdered under my car from all the condensation it's 68 inside the car.

Feelsgoodman
              PhotoPOC(tm)
              MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
              93' PGT not stock
              91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

They were 10mm on mine.. But I have a k8.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

I assume it was the same since the compressor is the same for all k series..

Comment

Working...
                X