Code PO 443 (D) EVAP Control Purge Malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code PO 443 (D) EVAP Control Purge Malfunction

Anyone ever get this code ? It doesn't seem to effect the overall operation of the car. The idle and gas mileage seem fine, and the car runs as smooth as the day I got it.

I read up on the EVAP system using the Haynes manual and it says the system should not fail and that if the CEL came on it was most likely due to a hose leak. I checked the hoses leading to the system and all seems fine, although we all know how tight our engine bays are.

I guess my question is has anyone ever gotten this code and what did they do fix it ?

Thanks
    96 PGT

Oh yeah, I replaced the gas cap last year as part of the recall for 95 through 97 Probes, as I believe the EVAP system controls fuel vapours.
    96 PGT

Comment

Driving Needed for Repair Validation:
      § Pattern B
      Component Fault Description:
      § Evaporative emission control system purge control valve circuit malfunction
      Pinpoint Test Step Direction:
      § «HV»
      ² HV1: ENTER SIMULATION TEST MODE: CHECK CANP SOLENOID OPERATION

² HV2: CHECK FOR LIQUID FUEL IN EVAPORATIVE EMISSION (EVAP) CANISTER

² HV3: CHECK PURGE LINES FOR BLOCKAGE OR DAMAGE

² HV4: CHECK TWO-WAY CHECK VALVE

² HV5: CHECK ROLLOVER/VENT VALVE

² HV6: CHECK ROLLOVER/VENT VALVE FUNCTION (1.3L [3-DOOR] ONLY)

² HV7: CHECK ROLLOVER/VENT VALVE FUNCTION

² HV8: CHECK VAPOR SEPARATOR INTEGRITY

² HV20: DTC P0443: CHECK VPWR TO CANP SOLENOID

² HV21: CHECK CANP SOLENOID RESISTANCE

² HV22: CHECK CANP HARNESS CONTINUITY

² HV23: CHECK CANP CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO GROUND

² HV24: CHECK CANP CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO VPWR

let me know which way you want to go

Comment

p0443 fixing

hey guys, i just failed my emissions test with only the p0443 code as fault. is there any simple way to fix this myself, or is it a shop matter? thanks

Comment

Yeah I just got this code too, I need to pass smog this month and I can't figure out what it is. I swapped to a 5-speed and one guys said that I would prolly throw a cel because the grounds to the 02 sensors are different, iono, but I haven't gotten a code for that. Anyway any help would surely be appreciated by both of us.
          97 GTS

Comment

More than likely it would be a loose gas cap or loose hose on the intake...i get codes po440, 441, 443 all the time at work and its due to people not locking their gas caps all the way or some indy shop or jiffy lube type places replaces the air filter and forgets to conect the hose going to the intake box....if i am wrong then check vaccum and anything to do with evap emmision controls....hope this helps

DAVID
            Green 96' PROBE GT
            [CM Stage III] [Fidanza 9lbs flywheel] [RR-Poly Mounts] [Outlaw Pheno Spacers] [Custom CAI] [ Custom 2.5in mandrel bent exhaust] [Bullit muffler w/tip]

Comment

Thanx, I'll check it, I also got some hints as to what to check from the Haynes manual, but it doesn't tell you exactly
              97 GTS

Comment

i am having the same problem. i was told by a local shop that the purge control valve was bad, but ford doesn't make the part anymore, neither does mazda (MX-6) no salvage yards have it, and i can't register my newly purchased 96 GT, or sell it without resolving this. does anyone no where to find a new/used part, or how to get this thing to pass emissions?? i need IMMEDIATE help!!
                c'mon girl, just let me put the tip in!

Comment

Hey i was wondering if you have recieved any more info on the purge control valve i need 1 too and no auto store or junk yark has one.

let me know
                  1996 probe gt - ebay turbo kit * colt cams turbo grind * 3'' stainless catback exhaust
                  S injectors *255 walbro fuel pump *afpr 48psi *traction bars * 301 hp @10psi

Comment

Working...
                  X