Brake/Fuel/Evap lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake/Fuel/Evap lines

So I am looking to buy a few rolls of brake/fuel line since my rear brake, evap, and fuel lines are rusting pretty bad. I found a few options but wanted to get opinions on what would be good to use since I live in the rust belt. These are the 3 options I have found:

- steel line, zinc coated and copper lined
    - Nicopp (copper/nickel) line
    - pvf coated steel

Prices seem to be pretty reasonable for 1/4 and 3/16 diameter in any of the 3 options.

Has anyone done the fuel/evap lines? I didn
    Undertaker
    1993 Ford Probe GT
    2013 Mazdaspeed3 Touring w/ Tech Package

Seeing as how you live in Wisconsin, I would go for the one with best resistance to corrosion, LOL Not trying to be smart-assed or anything, but I know the winters up there can get messy

Comment

Nicopp. I just replaced all the brake lines on my wife's s10. I have used steel line in the past and hated everything about it. working with Nicopp was a wonderful experience and i am looking forward to redoing her fuel lines next.
      1993 Probe GT
      2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the responses. I will go with the nicopp. Can anyone verify the size of the fuel lines? I have found a few posts where some specify 1/4 while others specify 5/16. I will probably measure them, just have to find time to get over to the storage area and jack up the car.
        Undertaker
        1993 Ford Probe GT
        2013 Mazdaspeed3 Touring w/ Tech Package

Comment

Working...
        X