No announcement yet.

Millennia-S Forged 4340 connecting rods for 2nd Gen. Probe GT's & Mazda MX-6's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

110 a pistion isn't bad at all, considering our after market support/ or lack there of.
    03 frontier family car/dd
    93 mx6 tessa's car: ze and just about every bolt on.
    01 ws6 : 618/695 wrecked tell your kids to use a effing cross walk!!
    02 35th SS.. heads and cam

Comment

im in for a set, payment sent

Comment

all right, i will take a set. will pay monday, have to wait for the funds to transfer from one account to another.

Comment

Last night I put the first set of orders together and never made it back on PT. I see that a few questions came up and some people answered them exactly as I would have; thank you for the help, it's nice to see that some of the you that read the original thread are helping out with questions.

This is the main thing I would have stressed when typing a response:
          Originally posted by harvey93gt
          bascially what it comes down to is that you have just as good of chance to get a bad rod/set of rods from any other shop that makes just rods.
          Background Info: I worked at an engine building shop decking, boring, honing... For two years and this is what helped me the most to get these custom rods together. I have since changed jobs but still work in a machine shop full time.

The company that manufactured the rods was a high volume job shop that mainly produced automotive parts (oil pumps, rods) I stumbled onto them at work while asking the owner how he was able to get brand new rods for his Model A Ford. He told me about the company and mentioned that once every few years they would run a batch of rods for him... and thats where it began. Before agreeing to have the rods made I saw a few samples of what they could do, the machinery they used and so forth. I was impressed and decided they would be the perfect shop for our small custom run.

Wrist pin question: I know JE all ready has a piston designed for these connecting rods and I think ROSS does as well. The bushings in the rods are intentionaly undersized a small amount to allow the engine builder to hand fit the pins.

HP handling question: Even if the rod were not an H-Beam design simply changing the material from 1080 steel to 4340 steel would make a huge difference in strength, combine that with the 7/16" ARP bolts and H-Beam cross section...very strong.

Harvey:
          I'm sending yours out today with the others. In reference to your post #27: when you receive your rods during the week could you post some sort of review after checking dimensions? I think it might help people to have secondary input, someone other than myself.
          Last edited by rurockn; November 11, 2006, 06:09 AM.
          1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
          1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C, 678rwhp.
          2003 Mach 1, FR500 engine, 372rwhp w/out spray.
          2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

will do
            03 frontier family car/dd
            93 mx6 tessa's car: ze and just about every bolt on.
            01 ws6 : 618/695 wrecked tell your kids to use a effing cross walk!!
            02 35th SS.. heads and cam

Comment

update on how many are left exactly. can you update your list?
              1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
              1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
              2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
              2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
              1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

As of this moment it is up to date - looks like there are only 4 sets left. I really wish this company didn't go out out business; on Monday I'm going to try and get ahold of the person I was dealing with to see what company they are working at now.
                1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
                2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

ok, pm me the paypal addy, and i will send money.

Comment

shipping quote requested

Comment

OK, please hold my spot, I am having issues at the hotel in Myrtle, and the paypal website will not work, I will try again later tonight, and hopefully there won't be any issues.

Comment

ok so i pm'd you, would like the last set. Instant transfer awaiting.
                        1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                        1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                        2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                        2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                        1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

boy them went fast

Comment

any left?

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERMX3
                              boy them went fast
                              Unless something falls through with one of the people that sent a money order or are overseas (due to shipping cost) they have all sold.

However, as I mentioned in my last post I would call my contact to see where he is working now. He still hasn't moved anywhere yet but he did have something interesting to say. When they made this order of 72 rods they actually made 96 rods to allow for fallout during heat treat and quality control. He "thinks" that all 96 rods passed quality control and there might actually be 24 rods mixed in with all of the other junk and partial orders at the factory. He will be checking with whomever he needs to and he will call me back with the good or bad news tomorrow. If he isn't pulling my chain then we might have 4 more sets available this week.
                              2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

calling first in line for a fall through. paypal ready

Comment

Working...
                                X