Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big of a N2O shot can a stock PGT handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a bottle heater is a must i ran 13.5@105 with a 75shot @ ~900psi but my bottle warmer wasn't working that day, and each and every run after that was slower and slower, As the bottle pressure slowly dropped. My best runs were around 1000psi but never hit the track.

i never launched on the bottle as i was already spinning right through first gear, however my switch was next to my shifter and on the 1-2 shift i'd flip it in one smooth motion.

whats this tranny saver? i put a huge crack in my tranny casing back in the day and at the time there wasn't any other options for our trannys. it's been 13-14 years i've had my probe so i wonder if anything has changed regarding this issue.
    1993 built ZE/DE n2o 2380lbs probe GT = parted out 2004
    1996 klze mx-3

Comment

How much PSI do you get your bottle with that heater?

I have a simple one, but it takes forever before it's warmed up.
      Mazda Mx3- Panther black, Kosei 18", custom hood, cleaned, new pakfeifer front, customized pakfeifer rear

KLZE highcompression, Pippercros Viper intake, kl31cams, MS1 v3, Aasco fly, CM st3 clutch, cai, ss headers, ground wirekit, srd bushings, msd window switches, nitrous

Comment

[/COLOR]
        Originally posted by crazyprobe View Post
        whats this tranny saver? i put a huge crack in my tranny casing back in the day and at the time there wasn't any other options for our trannys. it's been 13-14 years i've had my probe so i wonder if anything has changed regarding this issue.
        Dale Webster has fabricated a new rear crossmember that uses an MX3 style mount, he also makes the tranny saver brackets when he also recommends even with the custom rear(can never be too safe)
        1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
        Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

Originally posted by dammitcam View Post
          [/COLOR]

Dale Webster has fabricated a new rear crossmember that uses an MX3 style mount, he also makes the tranny saver brackets when he also recommends even with the custom rear(can never be too safe)

Thanks I'll have to look into it
          1996 klze mx-3

Comment

Originally posted by Whitefinish View Post
            How much PSI do you get your bottle with that heater?

I have a simple one, but it takes forever before it's warmed up.

I personally liked to run it at around 1000psi but that all depends on the jet sizing your using etc. To me with the bottle heater you could squeeze a few extra consistant runs before loosing the bottle pressure for example I would get 5-6 fast runs on the bottle instead of just 2-3. as for how fast is should work for me it would go up pretty quick, thats why you'd also need to look into a purge kit as well just in case the psi goes to high.
            1996 klze mx-3

Comment

I started off with a dry 50 shot. Before long that wasnt enough to satisfy me so I bumped it up to 75. Before it was over I was running a 100+ wet shot and I never blew a KL doing this. I will say this though, If you are smart and careful with the way you do things, meaning you run the engine a little on the rich side and NEVER spray in first gear the stock internal KL can handle a pretty good amount of nitrous. Make sure to upgrade your fuel pump and get a aftermarket fpr as well as some colder plugs and you should be good as long as the engine is healthy to start off with. A good way to check for a healthy engine is to do a compression test before deciding to install juice.
              1995 turbocharged pgt with countless mods.. check it out here
              http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20602
              1993 turbocharged pgt daily driver check it out here..
              http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20602/73905

Comment

Working...
              X