This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt cams or other regrind bulk buy

As many of you know I can regrind your cams (kl-03) to a cam profile that is very streetable. The engine will idle at stock level, without any hesitation. I've sold two set already and I have one more coming my way. The specs of this grind is 0.353" lift, and 208.6 deg @ 0.050". This grind I can offer it at $375US + shipping.

Now with the Colt cams. I've worked very closely with Geoff Bardal (owner of Colt cams) in making a cam profile for our cars. The profile in question is the superstreet grind. This grind is very similar to the other one, but slightly more aggressive. I'm stressing the word SLIGHTLY. It has a lift of 0.355", and 210 deg @ 0.050". This cam also idles at stock level but with a bit of burble. I can offer this grind for $450US + shipping.

Both grind will produce the same power give or take 1whp.

I also have another grind for owners of ZE. This grind is a dual cam lobe pattern. Meaning that the exhaust and intake cam profiles are different. The intake is 0.363" lift, and 208 deg @ 0.050", whereas the exhaust is the same as the first profile above offered by me (0.353" lift, 208.6 deg @ 0.050"). The reason that I'm offering this is because this is what I have on my ZE. This grind cannot be used on 03 heads due to the smaller intake HLA found in comparison to the ZE intake HLA. This grind is offered for special order.

I don't own a shop but I worked with a cam grinding shop in my area to come up with the grind I'm offering.

As for the Colt cams I'm taking over all the mess that happened with Black Sheep Racing (BSR). DO NOT SEND MONEY TO BSR if you want Colt cams, you can visit the Performance section and look at sticky " For those who ordered Colt Cams" to get the whole story.

If you're interested let me know which one you'll take.
    1994 PGT with ZE engine and cams, 184whp and stock idle
    NEW!!!!!
    1995 PGT with ZE engine, special cams, reworked ZE IM, reworked pacesseter headers, 2.5" exhaust, megasquirt, 224whp at 7400rpms, idle 825rpms

1999 civic si with K24A2 engine, should produce close to 250-265whp in natural aspiration on a Dynojet

Do you have a grind that would be beneficial to N20?
    The former owner of:
    '95 PGT
    2jz powered & RWD
    10.96 @ 124
    CURRENTLY: Probeless

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Maas
      Do you have a grind that would be beneficial to N20?
      All grinds will be beneficial with N20. Basically if you're spraying a 60 shot with the KL-03 cams you made 60whp more. Now with any of these cam grinds you'll make with your 60 shot about 75-80whp. This will happen because of the extra duration that the cam grinds have over the 03 cams in the intake as well on the exhaust.

You don't need to increase the NOS shot to get more power, the cam duration will add more NOS in each cylinder therefore creating more HP.

I have someone that uses NOS with my cam grind (0.353" lift, 208.6 deg @ 0.050"). His called "Franky". He uses the NOS almost every weekend.
      NEW!!!!!
      1995 PGT with ZE engine, special cams, reworked ZE IM, reworked pacesseter headers, 2.5" exhaust, megasquirt, 224whp at 7400rpms, idle 825rpms

1999 civic si with K24A2 engine, should produce close to 250-265whp in natural aspiration on a Dynojet

Comment

I'm dissapointed, I expected more interest than this.

Cams will change the whole attitude of your car, this mod will make a major difference if you compare it to mods like headers, cat-backs and the price is in the same range.

I'm dissapointed, that's all I have to say.
        NEW!!!!!

Comment

I ordered my set, and i plan on using up to a 90 shot. These cams ought to give me the bump I need to get in the 12s, all other factors remaining equal from my previous nitrous pulls.

I will have n/a dyno results within 2 weeks of the cam installs.
          90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
          93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
          97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
          90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Do they come with new lifters, because i know they have to be replaced when you replace cams.
            -J-Rod-
            301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
            93 PGT-T
            96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
            08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod7920
              Do they come with new lifters, because i know they have to be replaced when you replace cams.
              No lifters. If your original lifters are OK, than you don't need new lifters.

The cams don't come and don't need shims either. HLA noise gets reduce drastically or eliminated once regrinded cams(provided base circle is within HLA capabilities) get installed in KL engine.
              NEW!!!!!

Comment

I hope your right. that is just with my knowledge of cars and my mechanic friends. That is what i am told.
                -J-Rod-
                93 PGT-T

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod7920
                  I hope your right. that is just with my knowledge of cars and my mechanic friends. That is what i am told.
                  I know what I'm talking about. Most of the people in PT with regrinded cams kept their original HLA. Nobody is having any problem.

I've also measure the HLA max displacement and the regrinds I'm offering will fall into the HLA's limits.
                  NEW!!!!!

Comment

I belive you i am just askin i don't want to mess up my car.
                    -J-Rod-
                    93 PGT-T

Comment

mikeseli, u said this in an above quote.. " I have someone that uses NOS with my cam grind (0.353" lift, 208.6 deg @ 0.050"). His called "Franky". He uses the NOS almost every weekend."

im just curious as to what shot...50 or 75?
                      Black 95 PGT
                      Silver 98 CSVT

Comment

I am interseted (thanks for the hot tip Dan ) I dont know how long this will be open but I can have money out Aug 2nd.
                        My SRT-4
                        Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

Originally posted by muhafuha
                          mikeseli, u said this in an above quote.. " I have someone that uses NOS with my cam grind (0.353" lift, 208.6 deg @ 0.050"). His called "Franky". He uses the NOS almost every weekend."

im just curious as to what shot...50 or 75?
                          He uses the 60hp shot, he has a ZE engine.
                          NEW!!!!!

Comment

How much HP do you get from the cams without the NOS?? I dont see what it has to do with it you should get more pwr just with the cams alone if you dont what is the point?? If you buy cams for a Talon you get 40+HP.
                            93 Probe GT, MTX, Black, Powertech stainless steel muffler, ractive shift nob, shortened shifter, green led washer lights, ractive cold air intake, Indiglo gauges, more to come......(ZE!!!)I hope

Comment

I'm not going to be able to order a set, but that is a very good price that Mike is offering. Any of you considering cams should jump on this, considering that most other cams available for us are $500 or more. That's a cool offer with the ZE cams as well. Nice stuff Mike

Are the cams being heat treated after the regrind to reharden them?

In case you guys hadn't realized, take a look at his signature. He's putting down more NA power than all but a few members of the board, so I think you can rest assured he knows what he is talking about.
                              brullen catback, eibach springs, KYB struts, PRD STS, EBC slotted rotors, hawk pads, 18x7.5 ALT 191s, Kumho 712s 225/40/18, XTC intake - TB on the way - bored to 65 mm then coned

Comment

Working...
                              X