1994 Ford Probe GT "Wild Orchid"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Ford Probe GT "Wild Orchid"

Hello everyone. This is my first post since 2001 i haven't been here for so long that i forgot my username/password and it's probably deleted anyways. I used to live in Canada for some time where I had a white 1994 Probe GT. Since 2003 I'm back in Poland, and memories came back so i got my self a 1994 Probe GT and amaizingly it's an original Wild Orchid edition i never expected that here. The car was imported here from Canada in 2004. I think it's got everything except for leather (but again it's wild orchid edition). It's so hard to find a decent one around, almost every car that i saw was trashed. My car needs a little bit of work but no drama. The best thing is that it's got just over 90,000km and everything seems to look like it's an original milage. Even my mechanic couldn't believe that Ok here are some pictures. I know the stripes are not original but it looks good so i'm going to leave them. Sorry for my english it's been a long time....

Wow that is clean. One little thing I would change is the tail lights, with a set of black outlines (or whatever style you have over there)

Comment

Good looking car!
      Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

I have never seen that specific style of tail light before with the grey lens. Also those white rims,

drool
        I think it's an obsession!
        http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/911982_1

Comment

the grey lens is supposed to be orange i think, its from a german 93 T22 model.
          -Red 1993 16v Probe in Aruba, unable to be saved but shall rust in peace.
          -Silver 1993 24v Probe in The Netherlands, big project to make it perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by n8r View Post
            Wow that is clean. One little thing I would change is the tail lights, with a set of black outlines (or whatever style you have over there)
            Yeah, but i want to keep the original 93-94 look so i'm just going to get the tail lights in better condition actually i already got one on the right side.

I'll write what i already fixed and what i'm working on, well as for the little things i fixed the trunk lock (was just sized) fixed the heated mirrors and rear defroster, for some reason there was no fuse in the fuse box and unpluged connection in the trunk now it's working just fine, i replaced power window buttons on the driver's side was a little worn and now it lights up too changed the shift knob for original one and wrapped with fresh leather. I also wired up the original equalizer with my Alpine deck, fixed the power lumbar/bolster support so that's working too. As for today Probe is at my mechanic's shop as he's changing the timing belt, pulleys, tensioner, alternator/ac belts, i got a little exhaust leak so that's gonna be fixed too, both valve cover seals, spark plugs etc. I also cleaned/checked the alternator because it was soaked in oil from the leaking vc seals. Ok, hope i won't be boring u guys. Here are a few pics:

a little picture in the sun

cleaned the inside of the rims.

previous owner told me that this thing will never work again, well.....he was wrong

fresh leather, before there was some stupid aftermarket sporty knob...

i've tinted the yellow/amber light a little

i really didn't like that look.....

i think that's more like it....

my engine a few hours ago, i think it looks good inside, like that clean gold color

Comment

Originally posted by Pieterprobe View Post
              the grey lens is supposed to be orange i think, its from a german 93 T22 model.
              Yes u are right, it's supposed to be orange but those lights are actually original US/Canada lights (all red) but they were converted to meet the European regulations (yellow turn signal, red fog light). If you look really close u will notice that the lights were cut and little transparent pieces of plastic were glued. It doesn't look good and it's actually leaking a bit of water so there is moisture inside, that's why i'm changing them for original german/european lights.

Comment

So a little update, nothing much but.....i got the car from my mechanic. Everything is working just fine, on new pulleys, new timing belt etc. the engine is running really quiet. I also fixed my horn which wasn't working (disconnected plug in the steering wheel dunno why) installed "new" tail lights and i hand polished the exhaust tips, they were really dirty and black, i think those tips are original. A few pics: On one of the pictures u can see my white Probe GT that i had in Canada (picture taken in '99), maybe somebody from Windsor area will recognize it, i wonder what happened to it.

two of my ladys

Comment

That thing looks awesome! I bought my first probe in 2001 and was a regular back then. Same here my screen name custmprobe hasn't been able to be found since I came back.

Comment

The Euro T22 rears command a high price across the pond. They are the rarest of the second gen Probe tails. Nice, clean car! Keep it up well as the Wild Orchids are difficult to find nowadays.
                    My 93GT, Wendy - the oldest second gen Probe in the U.S. still on the road.

Forever in search of Enkei Shoguns.

Comment

Originally posted by mtsmb View Post
                      The Euro T22 rears command a high price across the pond. They are the rarest of the second gen Probe tails. Nice, clean car! Keep it up well as the Wild Orchids are difficult to find nowadays.
                      Really? i thought people were more into the black outlined euro tails. i was thinking about collecting what i can find and ship em to the states for interested members.
                      -Red 1993 16v Probe in Aruba, unable to be saved but shall rust in peace.
                      -Silver 1993 24v Probe in The Netherlands, big project to make it perfect.

Comment

Love that color!!
                        Amy

1995 Tangerine Frost 2.0 ' Sherbie'

Comment

Wow, wish my poor old Probe looked like that! Keep her in good shape. One of the better Probes still left out there.
                          94' Probe GT
                          11' Subaru WRX

Comment

Oh that takes me back. I also had a 94 PGT wild orchid. Miss it so much.
                            1995 PGT (Rio Red) - HEI mod, K&N air filter, 1 wire O2 sensor mod, & EGR blockoff SOLD
                            2015 Ford Mustang
                            2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50 Limited
                            1984 Ford Ranger 5.0

Comment

Thanks for all the positive comments. I'm going to take care of that car for sure, and hold on to it as long as i can especially that it's giving me a lot of fun, more than my beemer (which might be a little strange for some people) and it's a rare car, some people don't even know what it is In my city (over 100,000 people) there is another red Probe base model and that's it. Some lady is driving it, she saw me a few days ago at an intersection and waved to me, that was kind of heart warming Now just waiting for spring because it's so cold and we got salt on the roads so Probe is not going to see that

Comment

Working...
                              X