Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swapped Engine... EGR and Water Temp Sensor's different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapped Engine... EGR and Water Temp Sensor's different?

I have a 1995 mazda mx6 v6. I grabbed a motor from a probe v6 which I think was a 94 or 95.
    Needless to say I found the egr's are a little different between the two. On my mx6 there is a male connector and on the pgt there is a female. How can I go about connecting these two female connector that I now have?

Also, the probe motor has an extra water temp sensor on the hard pipe with a cap on it next to the fuel rails, should I just leave this one open and use the standard connection that is still there?
    1995 Mx6 LS

If you've got an extra sensor, then the engine was from a 93, not a 94 or 95. You can leave that sensor unconnected. The 94+ ECU's just share the information off one of the other water temp sensors, instead of requiring a third water temp sensor.

Comment

yeah the motor you got is from a 93 if it has the extra sensor there. and as far as the egr valve there is a lead that is on the egr valve i belive you can unplug it and it will be fine. i thought the same thing when i put the 93 motor in 94 probe and i just left the extra sensor unpluged. and the lead should be on your wire harness now that i thnk about it. just follow it up and you should find it
      my email address is NOT working!

Comment

Originally posted by mxxxxxxxxxtreme
        then the engine was from a 93, not a 94 or 95. .
        Not neccessarliy the case. I got my probe for FREE cuz it had a blown motor.
        When i went to go buy one they asked me when it was built, i cant remamber the actual cut off ( i think its 4/94), soo in all actuality it could be a 94 motor.
        '94 PGT Sold.
        '93 5.0 Ranger XLT

FS: '93-'97 new rear brake kit; 93-95 V6 WP gasket

Comment

^^Ahaha, ok ok. I dont want a fight in here now, just answers.

If I disconnect the egr won't it throw a cel?
          Last edited by L-ucky-S-ix; October 7, 2005, 01:21 PM.
          1995 Mx6 LS

Comment

Yeah it will. Just replace it with a EGR valve off a newer one.
            '94 PGT Sold.
            '93 5.0 Ranger XLT

FS: '93-'97 new rear brake kit; 93-95 V6 WP gasket

Comment

i think you miss understood me? there is a wire lead about 5 inches long or so that they put on the 94+ wire harness. if you follow that you will find that it diconnects and then you will have a male and female and you can plug it right in

Comment

ok, ill check that out soon.
                But can I not just splice the wires together? 2 out of the 3 wires wires match, and there is a black one and a black(or blue) with a blue tracer (or black tracer). But if I understand you right, I will be able to find another connector up the wire chain that will plug right in, we'll see.
                1995 Mx6 LS

Comment

disconnect egr, egr is "ghey" lol i put ze manifold and got rid of all those vacum crap

Comment

correct and trust me i know from experiance

Comment

Working...
                    X