temp gauge and oil pressure gauge problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp gauge and oil pressure gauge problems

This is about my KLZE engine in case it makes a difference.

I changed my waterpump and the 1 wire temp sensor but still the temp gauge is going sky high after 5 minutes or so. The coolant lines are still cold. After idling the car for 10 minutes all the lines are hot. first the passenger side coolant lines are starting to heat up and then the ones on the driver side The fans are functioning but sometimes they stay on.

I putted in a new oil pressure sending unit but the oil pressure gauge will give me no reading. I have a 94 car and bought the original sending unit (true oil pressure sending unit). When i take off the oil filler cap there is oil on the cylinder head so it is pumping oil through the engine i guess. The engine is making no rattling noise or anything else that sounds like oil starvation

Beats me
    Last edited by ares; November 19, 2006, 07:24 AM.
    Corksport Coilovers - HEADERS - Body Kit - Rockford Fosgate Speakers - Hifonics Amps - New Paint - yellow KONI's - High flow cat

Sounds like you have air in the cooling system. Do a search on the forums to figure out how to purge the air from the system. I've posted up how to do it many times, and it is too long for me to type it again. DO NOT drive the car like this. If the gauge is pegging hot, that indicates that the engine is overheating. It is most likely not reading incorrectly.

As far as the oil pressure gauge goes, its probably a problem with sending unit or the gauge. But, to be sure, I'd suggest buying/renting a mechanical oil pressure gauge, temporarily remove the stock oil pressure sending unit, install the new gauge temporarily, and check to make sure you have good oil pressure. Again, do not drive the car or run it much more until you are 100% sure you have good oil pressure.
    Kevin B - Former Probe-owner
    06 Legacy GT
    98 Legacy GT

Comment

I got a mechanical gauge from a garage and it shows 5 bar so it could be an electrical problem. Is there any way to check the sending unit even it is brand new ?

I'll do a search for the cooling issue and go from there

Thanks
      Corksport Coilovers - HEADERS - Body Kit - Rockford Fosgate Speakers - Hifonics Amps - New Paint - yellow KONI's - High flow cat

Comment

Working...
      X