This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megasquirt to EEC-IV adapter for 3.0 and 2.0 Probes

We sell a kit that lets you put a Megasquirt to EEC-IV adapter that makes it easier to install Megasquirt in the '90-'92 Probes with the 3.0 and the '93-'95 Probes with the 2.0. Note that it doesn't work on the MX-6s, even those with the 2.0. For some reason these used a Mazda computer while Ford used their own hardware, even though it's almost the same engine.

This covers how to set it up with all the build it yourself Megasquirt variants out there. Check out our how-to guide here. If you have any questions, feel free to post them.

Last edited by Matt Cramer; September 17, 2008, 11:08 AM. Reason: Links added.
    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
    My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Does this adapter work with the 2.5L 93-95 probe eec-iv?
    1996 mazda mx6 m edition

Comment

the 2.5L is eec-iv???? no, this won't work with the 2.5L
      1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
      2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
      2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Spada is correct, this does not work with the stock 2.5 wiring. 2.5s used a Mazda built computer with a different pinout.
        Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
        My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

ok,

thanks for the answer guys. i am now debating whether or not to design an adapter for the 2.5L. i would rather have a plug and play megasquirt, so would prefer this route over a custom harness. my day job is electronic hardware/software engineering and an adapter board like this would be pretty trivial for me.

reuben
          1996 mazda mx6 m edition

Comment

is it possible to get this assembled for an additional cost?
            4bangerboogie
            1995 2.0 base mtx mods: obx undergrive pulley......ebay fuel pressure regulator, shaved head, port and polish. megasquirt v3 MSD6a ignition with blaster tfi coil,KKK K26 turbo custom manifold 6lbs, coming mods-GTX Gearset - G Series Transmissions, FS-ZE intake cam, corksport exhaust cam, protege IM

Comment

so this works on the 93-95 2.0L probes, what about the 96-97? is that different because they are OBDII?
              89 GT, 95 GT 2.0, 96 GT, 90 CRX SI[parted out], 2001 Civic LX

Comment

96-97 2.0 probes use the ford EEC-V ECU. ( http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=3 )
                Unnaturally Aspirated and Squirted Ford Probe
                Evo16g,Hybrid Custom Manifold,P&P,3angle VJ, and Milled Head, Oliver Billet rods,Wiesco 9:1 forged pistons,Apexi AVCR, 440cc injectors,Walbro 255hp,TypeRS Bov,Atx->Mtx,2.5 DP & MES Catback,RR-Sts,CM 2-R clutch, AWR Rad & Pan,Megasquirt2pcb3, maf delete/coilpack conversion

Comment

Originally posted by ddrop View Post
                  96-97 2.0 probes use the ford EEC-V ECU. ( http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=3 )
                  gotcha
                  Last edited by DeLorean5000; September 17, 2009, 05:47 PM.
                  89 GT, 95 GT 2.0, 96 GT, 90 CRX SI[parted out], 2001 Civic LX

Comment

Originally posted by rodniblett View Post
                    is it possible to get this assembled for an additional cost?
                    Yes. Email us at websales@diyautotune.com to set up an order for an assembled one. We will need you to mail us a donor ECU.
                    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Working...
                    X