Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Performance Section > 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Performance

2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Performance Discussion of Performance topics for V6 2.5L

Old January 22nd, 2018, 09:42 AM   #1
9gt5
Slow Learner

supercharger alternator smooth pulley???

Hi hoping someone here knows what alternator pulley I need that is smooth for the bolt on supercharger setup ?? I checked shelves at advance auto and found nothing !! a part number or vehicle to look up would be helpful . Thanks guys !
9gt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2018, 03:16 PM   #2
9gt5
Slow Learner

I really hope someone can help me I'm having a rought time with this one pulley situation
Old January 22nd, 2018, 04:48 PM   #3
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Are you really sure you want to run a rib-less alternator pulley? Mine slips on cold mornings when I get the slightest bit loose on the belt. I am sure that would be compounded 10x over without the ribs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2018, 05:04 PM   #4
9gt5
Slow Learner

well the way the belt routes with the additional pulley for the supercharger it now rides on the back side of the belt but the grooves in the alternator pulley eat the belt
Old January 22nd, 2018, 10:43 PM   #5
BLUEnoEQ

Anyway you could take a spare alternator pulley and have the ribs turned off on a lathe? keep a good one in case it doesn't work out.

BLUEnoEQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2018, 06:29 AM   #6
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

I thought that this location was supposed to take the place of the AC compressor? No matter what -I would never put a smooth faced pulley on a KL alternator. If there was no other way then I would end up putting a bracket and idler in to do a switch back on the belt and keep it riding on ribs as designed. You can buy almost any length belt if you measure what you need.

-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2018, 06:44 AM   #7
9gt5
Slow Learner

well idk I mean its been done previously I'm just trying to figure it out

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

its the kit that the transfer shaft bolts on by the alternator in front on top of the front cylinder head
Old February 5th, 2018, 10:27 AM   #8
mac1
Probe has-been

That’s just how the shafted SC kit works. Spinning the alty backwards with a smooth pulley. The pulley came with the kit but as a community, we don’t know if it was custom made or sourced from another engine.

2014 Factory Five 818s EJ255t
Not worthy enough to own a Probe anymore
mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote