Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megatune/Firmware Upgrade Package (BETA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megatune/Firmware Upgrade Package (BETA)

OK, I need a favor.

For anybody that has purchased a v3 Megasquirt from me, I am asking you to try a new installer I have created. It is found here:

http://www.powersquirt.com/installer/

Please download and run the setup.exe

It will install an updated version of Megatune (with AEM Support), the latest version of Megalog Viewer, current install instructions, and a copy of the firmware to burn.

For people wishing to try the firmware, go to the start menu item it creates and click the reburn firmware shortcut. Power on your MS and follow the directions. THIS WILL COMPLETELY ERASE YOUR MS! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR SETTINGS FIRST!!!

You can then feel free to try the base maps I have included with the install.

I have only tested this on one other computer and have been working on it straight for the last 4 hours.

Here is my to do list thus far:

1. Add Project Selector (via preconfigured projects) so users can select the type of MS they wish to use. This will include single distributor 2.2 board, ecu removed, etc.

2. Use bathroom

Please post all feedback in this thread. Let me know what you would like to see changed or added to the install. This will ultimately become the final install CD for the current bulk buy.

Yes I know about the "unregistered error" I am not ready to buy any software yet.
    Last edited by shaodome; July 11, 2007, 07:30 PM.
    I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
    92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Jordan, I just downloaded and installed to my laptop... Looks good. Except one concern for me. The instructions say it is set up to share the factory IAT, and CTS. I thought most people used the GM style IAT like I do.
    I'm headed out to install to MS soon!
    Thanks!

Comment

Well yes...but you can share the GM IAT with the stock computer as well. The values it sees will be a little off, but that has no major regard since it isn't contorlling fuel or spark any more.

In order to use it this way, all you would have to do is remove R4 on the MS board and make sure the GM IAT signal wire is shared to both the stock computer and the MS.

Comment

My IAT is wired striaght to MS, on it's own wire. I am not using the factory wireing for it. It seems close, without using a thermometer to verify.
        Anyway, big leap for me, I got it installed and it's working!! Finally! The CTS registers correctly now, amazing enough!
        The spark table was not working very well for me, so I imported the spark table I already had. Also in the configurator had the AEM wideband selected, however under exhaust gas settings the EGO sensor type was set to Narrowband. So my AF ratio in MT was off. No biggie, easily fixed.
        The install was easy and straight forward, the package worked great! Easy to flash the ECU, and load the base MSQ! Your Awesome!
        I'm sure that Jordan has disclaimed this already, but this is mearly a base MSQ, and will require tweeking to for everyones individual vehicle.

Jordan, I am using the GM IAT sensor wire stright to MS. I don't want to wire thru the factory VAF harness, so it will never give a signal to the factory ecu. Do I have to do anything to MS to make it read correctly that way?
        Last edited by wpendl1; July 12, 2007, 02:49 PM.

Comment

well yah You would need to replace the matfactor and airdenfactor.inc files in the src folder and recompile and reburn the code. Then replace them in the megatune folder. What I woudl do in ur case is just run a wire from ur MS iat to the stock iat wire at the ECU. that'd connect the two.

Details on the spark map issue? Glad to hear this is working!!!!!

nobody esle?
          Last edited by shaodome; July 13, 2007, 05:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Comment

It's working Great!! My car has never been so driveable since installing MS! Finally got the AEM wideband to work in MS, and was able to do some tuning with it to the VE table.
            Spark table... Hmmm. Well, I guess it would be easiest to send you my spark table. I have my spark a little more advance up top. Between 4K and 7200RPM at 100kpa and 115kpa I have the timing set to 25 degrees. at 130 kPa I have it set to 23 degrees, at 145 kPa I have it set to 22 degrees, 160 kPA = 20 degrees, and 175= 19. I also changed a little on the lower end to even out the non load rev. Trimmed the mid range boost area to have lower degrees of timing to resolve a little pinging I was seeing. Right between 90 and 100 kPa between 2100 and 3400 rpm. I'm sure altitude plays a little part in timming changes.
            Thank you for all the time you put into this and every build! Do you have any idea why the 029 version wouldn't let me select riseing and falling as the 2nd trigger active edge?

Comment

I am having problems reopening megatune, I can only one it once and when I try to reopen it I get an error. What can I do?
              Turbo'd by 2009...

Comment

What is the error you get?

Comment

On my desktop computer, I to can only open it once. I have to restart to open it once, again.

On my laptop in the car I can open it as many times as I like

Comment

That indicates either a software conflict or other individual computer issue...not specific to the install :-/ Do you get an error message?

At least it opens where you need it.

Comment

I get

I think it may be related to something in my firewall.
                      I remember once i installed it, started using it.. then somewhere along the line gotta pop up asking to let a program access the net. And it was labeled high risk, so i blocked it.
                      My laptop doesnt have a firewall/anti virus since it never access the net

Comment

I would need to see the error report....where it says "click here"

Comment

Is this compatible with windows vista? When I tried reflashing my MS the other day, It could not locate the com port (Which was set to 4), however, megatune 2.25 was working properly.

Mick
                          Mick - 95 PGTZE Flint Mica w/Smoke Flake
                          Threw a rod at 6-8psi, spiking to 9, 20Mar08
                          24Mar08 - 4 days later... a proud owner of a 2005 Quicksilver GTO
                          13Nov09 - Turbo ZE is alive once again.

Comment

Yah it definitely works in Vista, i've used it to burn code a few times.

Comment

so far so good!!!
                              Last edited by akm1426; August 14, 2007, 07:09 PM.