Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help get Adam's PGT put back together NMPOC reunion meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help get Adam's PGT put back together NMPOC reunion meet?

Alright, so the shop got the car started and it runs, but they said it would take them 10-20 hours to finish getting it put back together. I'm stuck in a bit of a quandry.

The car I'm driving now is on its last leg, I don't have tools or space to finish the work myself and I've been out of the game long enough that I would need some help.

Anyone willing to provide some space and technical expertise to help me get this thing back together and on the road? I'm willing to buy food and beer, but I'm honestly not too sure how much work is actually left.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

--Adam
    2004 Ford Mustang GT - 4.6L V8 AT - Tuned - 3.73s - CAI

What do they mean "runs" ...like it will turn over but won't go anywhere? or just tuning issues? I had space until I got my f-250 which is sitting whence it sprung a tranny leak like Ron jeremy. I'd be willing to help though. word.

Ed has a car he isn't using
    Last edited by pHeLiOs27; March 3, 2010, 03:18 PM.
    1994PGT SOLD
    1991MX6GTSOLD New Dyno 12psi: 190whp 261tq

1997 F-250HD 7.5 (sold)
    2010 Nissan ArmaaahhhDaaah 4x4 SE w/ limited slip
    1995 Mazda 626 ES 5spd (SOLD). 1999 LEXUS RX300 AWD

Comment

They basically hooked up the fuel and ignition and the motor cranked and ran. So now it just needs to get everything else under the hood put back together.

--Adam

Comment

Well I can definitely help you out...I just need an idea of what needs doing. I'll probably bring my son too since he is being "mr. helpful" these days. I'm going to assume you don't have a space for the car anymore? I'll hit up Alex too he has a bit more experience working on the probes than me...He also has a Mr. "helpful" They could hold the beer and pass the tools
        Last edited by pHeLiOs27; March 5, 2010, 08:44 AM.
        1994PGT SOLD

1997 F-250HD 7.5 (sold)

Comment

Any and all help would be appreciated. All my tools were stolen and I don't have a space to work on it anymore

--Adam

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectShadow View Post
            Any and all help would be appreciated. All my tools were stolen and I don't have a space to work on it anymore

--Adam
            did you say you got your engine rebuilt? i'm just curious why there's so much work involved...

I feel ya, just got my Probe running 4 weeks ago, it ran for two weeks (this is after the engine rebuild) then she started petering out on me, to the point where i couldn't even move/drive it. it ran like shit. i was stumped, and finally had it taken in. turned out to be something simple as a huge exhaust leak on the hotside of the turbo, (broken studs) causing the o2 sensor to misread and freak the computer out. i did get a call back yesterday from the mechanic he said he got that exhaust leak fixed, took it for a test drive, said, and i quote "SHE SCREAMS, she runs strong and good, you'll definitely know you're driving a turbo'd vehicle, she'll throw you back" he chuckled with excitement, (clearly called me after he drove it)so now i'm excited, but... he said the computer shuts her off after a full boosted run, and said that i needed to replace my air flow meter. so after this mechanics bill, i'll have invested in this car since i bought it... about 5g's. anyways, i wish you the best of luck!
            Last edited by 89PGT_at12Psi; March 6, 2010, 11:47 AM.
            Yes i'm a sperm doner

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3114091

Comment

looks like a NMPOC meet like the last one where we determined that brians car was fuxored
              97 Acura Intega DB8 GS-R l DC Sports l AEM l Rota l Koni l K&N l ACT l Exedy l Skunk 2 | Innovative | Neuspeed | Kenwood | Viper | ASR | Falken | Password JDM | Eibach | FD2 Axleback
              93 Probe GT-In Pieces Still
              90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD-Sold

Comment

Originally posted by pHeLiOs27 View Post
                Well I can definitely help you out...I just need an idea of what needs doing. I'll probably bring my son too since he is being "mr. helpful" these days. I'm going to assume you don't have a space for the car anymore? I'll hit up Alex too he has a bit more experience working on the probes than me...He also has a Mr. "helpful" They could hold the beer and pass the tools
                Hey pHeLiOs...can I book you and your son after you're done helping Adam?!? I kinda need someone to show me the ropes my first time doing these repairs myself. And someone with tools is even better as I have almost "no" tools. Let me know.

Comment

Not rebuilt, just a ZE to replace the blown up motor that was in the car when I got it in 2005 But between 3 moves and 5 years I've lost my tools and "I'm holding on too tight, I've lost the edge...."

--Adam

Originally posted by 89PGT_at12Psi View Post
                  did you say you got your engine rebuilt? i'm just curious why there's so much work involved...

I feel ya, just got my Probe running 4 weeks ago, it ran for two weeks (this is after the engine rebuild) then she started petering out on me, to the point where i couldn't even move/drive it. it ran like shit. i was stumped, and finally had it taken in. turned out to be something simple as a huge exhaust leak on the hotside of the turbo, (broken studs) causing the o2 sensor to misread and freak the computer out. i did get a call back yesterday from the mechanic he said he got that exhaust leak fixed, took it for a test drive, said, and i quote "SHE SCREAMS, she runs strong and good, you'll definitely know you're driving a turbo'd vehicle, she'll throw you back" he chuckled with excitement, (clearly called me after he drove it)so now i'm excited, but... he said the computer shuts her off after a full boosted run, and said that i needed to replace my air flow meter. so after this mechanics bill, i'll have invested in this car since i bought it... about 5g's. anyways, i wish you the best of luck!

Comment

I had my tools stolen from my garage as well *sigh* luckily the familia replaced them for me.

Adam: I may be able to make space for your car I just need to make sure I can get me truck running. I just need to put in some trans fluid and make sure I don't have a blown seal or torque converter.

Mahubbard....HA HA I'm just getting your screen now...I'll let you know when myself and mini me are free to help you out. Word.
                    Last edited by pHeLiOs27; March 8, 2010, 08:19 AM.
                    1994PGT SOLD

1997 F-250HD 7.5 (sold)

Comment

i would be willing to go and hang out, not much help in my post surgery state.

plus i can show off all my gazillion hp to you guys
                      Josh - NMPOC
                      02 Lexus IS300 | work in progress (2JZ-GTE coming soon)
                      05 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon | lots of mods | 261whp 268wtq

Comment

Originally posted by pHeLiOs27 View Post

Mahubbard....HA HA I'm just getting your screen now...I'll let you know when myself and mini me are free to help you out. Word.
                        Thanks! Will wait for that. I'm Busy on a MAJOR project that takes every free second for the next three weeks right now anyhow. I'm driving around with the new gas lift cylinders, still in their box, in the back of my car -- because I don't have 20-30 minutes to swap 'em out! Things will calm down for me about mid-April, and probably everything on the car will still be in just the same condition then as now.....

Funny thing happened yesterday on the way home from work. Probably funnier because I'm running on very little sleep so I'm getting a little loopy! But anyhow, I've kind of gotten used to the warning lights that normally flash at me. (I had the codes pulled and know what they are, just haven't fixed 'em yet because there are no symptoms other than the computer seeing that something is off). Anyhow, right after I got on the freeway, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a new light flashing. OH NO! I thought, what's gone wrong now?!? Because I just spent money on some computer stuff so, you know, less is available for car stuff. After a couple of seconds of sinking feeling, I took my eyes off the road long enough to glance at it and at least see which light it was. Turned out it was my turn signal. So I turned it off. :p

Comment

Originally posted by mahubbard View Post
                          I took my eyes off the road long enough to glance at it and at least see which light it was. Turned out it was my turn signal. So I turned it off. :p

HAHAHA THAT'S AWESOME! (by awesome i mean HILLARIOUS!)
                          Yes i'm a sperm doner

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3114091

Comment

Originally posted by mahubbard View Post
                            Thanks! Will wait for that. I'm Busy on a MAJOR project that takes every free second for the next three weeks right now anyhow. I'm driving around with the new gas lift cylinders, still in their box, in the back of my car -- because I don't have 20-30 minutes to swap 'em out! Things will calm down for me about mid-April, and probably everything on the car will still be in just the same condition then as now.....

Funny thing happened yesterday on the way home from work. Probably funnier because I'm running on very little sleep so I'm getting a little loopy! But anyhow, I've kind of gotten used to the warning lights that normally flash at me. (I had the codes pulled and know what they are, just haven't fixed 'em yet because there are no symptoms other than the computer seeing that something is off). Anyhow, right after I got on the freeway, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a new light flashing. OH NO! I thought, what's gone wrong now?!? Because I just spent money on some computer stuff so, you know, less is available for car stuff. After a couple of seconds of sinking feeling, I took my eyes off the road long enough to glance at it and at least see which light it was. Turned out it was my turn signal. So I turned it off. :p

I bet it's your 02 sensor. Usually any "check engine" light on older cars, such as ours, is emissions related. Usually 02, or egr valve clogged and just needs cleaning.
                            1994PGT SOLD

1997 F-250HD 7.5 (sold)

Comment

Hey all. It's been a while since I've logged on. I've been out of country for the past year. Started putting my probe back together. Looks like it fails emissions here in Utah. The turbo is leaking oil. Any ideas on replacement options?
                              NMPOC Co-founder
                              Probe:J-spec 1988 Ford Probe GT. Trust 3" catback exhust, HKS huneycomb intake filter, Greddy S-type Blow Off Valve, Accer ignition coil and wires, Halo spark plugs, Clear tail lights, Front Strut Tower Bar, Short Throw Shifter, Ported and polished head and intake manifold, 5 angle valve job, Fadanza flywheel and 6puck dual friction clutch from South Bend Clutch

Comment

Working...
                              X