Another job opening: Production tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another job opening: Production tech

Short version - you'll mostly be making wiring harnesses, and some other parts as well. This is very much an entry level sort of job. Location is in Suwanee, GA.

http://www.diyautotune.com/jobs/job_openings.htm#1

Job Purpose:
    To assist in the production/manufacturing process with the ability to pay attention to detail, keep up a quick pace, and possess the ability to learn several different areas of production.

Key responsibilities and accountabilities:

Able to start with the basics and follow direction of trainer

Understand the importance of quality control / attention to detail

Load and unload barrels from forklift, carts, dollies

Feed or place items into equipment for processing

Accurately measure, cut, and strip wire

Accurately pull parts used in production

Able and willing to learn several different production processes in different areas

Maintains safe, clean, and organized working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.

Qualifications:

This is a learning position with the intention of advancing beyond entry level to oversee wiring harness production for the department. Employee needs to show the ability to follow trainers instruction, stay on task, learn different production tasks , maintain a high attention to detail and top-notch quality of work so they can move forward. To perform this job successfully, employee must be able to do physical tasks including walking wire at a fast pace, lifting of 50-70lbs as needed, as well as show the motivation and enthusiasm needed to advance.

Also will need to be able to operate a forklift with proper certification, or pursue certification to do so in the mid-term. Company can assist with the cost of this process.

As I tell everyone here, we're too small of a company to have small job descriptions. We all pitch in and do it all. The above is the primary role, but there are other tasks around the shop we'll need help with from time to time, whether it be cleaning up, or loading/moving materials/parts/equipment, or working on a shop project vehicle. We need someone with a 'can do' team player kind of attitude that's willing to do what it takes to get it done.

Pay is hourly (Starting pay in the $8-10/hr range) and dependent upon experience and qualifications.

Feel like you're a good fit? Please send your resume, references, and salary requirements to job@diyautotune.com
    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
    My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Open up some engineering positions I need a career change.
    ¡Renewed Vigor!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
      ...This is a learning position with the intention of advancing beyond entry level to oversee wiring harness production for the department. Employee needs to show the ability to follow trainers instruction, stay on task, learn different production tasks , maintain a high attention to detail and top-notch quality of work so they can move forward...
      What about a very experienced wire harness builder (no training neccessary) capable of overseeing wire harness fabrication and quality control?
      Last edited by KLZE Porsche; January 19, 2014, 12:45 PM.
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

The production tech job has actually been filled - but if you figure you've got an awesome enough resume we may just have to create a job opening for you, feel free to send it to me at websales@diyautotune.com and I'll see what we can do.
        Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
        My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

I just saw this. I shall have to after work today.
          ¡Renewed Vigor!

Comment

If you're interested in a job here, it never hurts to send a resume even if we're not currently looking - it can give you a bit of a head start if something does open up.
            Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Working...
            X