This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy KLZE?

Just wondering where you ZE owners got your motors. I found it from , for $750 shipped. Anybody ever hear of them? I've also read that there are "fake" KLZE motors, I'm guessing that means its usually a US V6 with some KLZE parts on it, and sold as a KLZE? Sorry of this is the wrong forum, just looking for info before I spend the cash...

750 shipped sounds wicked cheap, someone respond, i may buy mine from there if it is true lol.

Comment

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I found the site off of JDMUniverse, I'm going to see if anybody there has ever bought from this company before...

Comment

personally, find some where local so that you can see the motor before you take it home. IMHO
        95 GT~ZE: SOLD!!

Comment

i bought mine off ebay. Has a warranty on it and what not, but man oh man did old dominion **** it the hell up. I had to drive 4 hours to pick up my engine one week late, and couldn''t even get my residential delivery charges back... so whoever you get it through, don't get it through somebody that sends via old dominion freight lines

Comment

The picture they have for KLZE on that site actually has the IM from a KFZE (long neck, round runners). The IM on their pics for KFZE & K8ZE both look like the Millenia intake manis.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
            HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
            Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
            As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

ok, please stop with the non-vendor postings in these forums.
              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by hppwdn
                The picture they have for KLZE on that site actually has the IM from a KFZE (long neck, round runners). The IM on their pics for KFZE & K8ZE both look like the Millenia intake manis.
                Is that bad? Good?

Originally posted by dmark101
                ok, please stop with the non-vendor postings in these forums.
                Sorry dude, I'm a newbie here, won't happen again...

Also, when doing the swap, do I really need the tranny and all the wiring? I know I will like having the ECU. A few of the motors I saw on ebay were motor only...
                Last edited by KScivic; February 3, 2005, 12:50 PM.

Comment

i've gotten lied two on both of my deliberate KLZE purchases. Honestly - im with the local shop idea - but the motor isn't necessarily legal in the US so not alot of motor shops carry or have access to the ZE spec. Doing a ZE swap requires alot -- of patience, tools and money. A stock chassis with a ZE motor typically amounts to much, much trouble in the future. Clutch, mounts, bearings, etc -- and thats just chassis related. Only purchase a ZE motor if you're wanting to make the whole car a screamer, and not just the numbers on paper. Doing an engine swap is a serious work and serious expense. Be careful.
                  93 MX6 LS/ze MTX -- Rebuilt KLZE -Fidanza, CMST2, POLY MTS, STS, 17" enkei - FOR SALE

97 DSM GS/T ATX -- 4G63T Reconstructing.. .. ..still
                  04 SE/R Spec V MTX -- Fast, Easy, Cheap, Lemon

Comment

There is a place in Phoenix, AZ called . I know several of us here in AZ that have bought from them, mine was $120 after a PT discount. I have yet to start my car with the ZE in it (hopefully tonight :crosses fingers), but I still have no doubts after a thorough check of the engine. You can easily find them on google.
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2305631/1
                    Car rightly named VooDoo. 96' PGTZE (CEL Free): CAI/2.5" Catback/NGK Plugs and Wires/ Full MSD 6-AL Kit/RR-Racing Poly inserts/ Grounding kit With: Eibach Pro Kit/ Tokico Blues/ HotShot Headers/ Test Pipe/ Spec stage 3 and Fidanza waiting install.
                    SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by JNPGT
                      There is a place in Phoenix, AZ called . I know several of us here in AZ that have bought from them, mine was $120 after a PT discount. I have yet to start my car with the ZE in it (hopefully tonight :crosses fingers), but I still have no doubts after a thorough check of the engine. You can easily find them on google.
                      $120? or $1200???

I'm in the middle of Kansas, there are no local shops. We have a Nu Image shop in Wichita, which is where I'd possibly have the swap done. I'm wanting the swap because my Probe has 175k on it, also Probes have a bad rep in this town as being overrated, so I think 210hp would calm that. Upgrading the clutch would be a must if I were (able?) to use the stock tranny...

Comment

ok, looks like someone else doesn't understand the ad rules. sorry y'all but this thread is toast.
                        ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                        X