Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Vendor Support and Contact > Former Vendors > PMO / PRO

PMO / PRO Precision Motorsports/Racing Online

Old November 30th, 2004, 05:17 AM   #26
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

You don't want to mount harnesses down on the seat bracket... You want to be off at an angle so that your spine doesn't colapse during impact... I'm sure someone with a harness bar or that knows the exact dimensions can chime in here...

Todd - Looks great! I've got a 1 piece aluminium setup for my Festiva about that thick. Been in 2 accidents and never had a problem with them letting go...

Simon

Last edited by SimonTuffGuy; November 30th, 2004 at 05:18 AM.
Old November 30th, 2004, 05:41 AM   #27
Probesport
20 years of Probin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTuffGuy
You don't want to mount harnesses down on the seat bracket... You want to be off at an angle so that your spine doesn't colapse during impact... I'm sure someone with a harness bar or that knows the exact dimensions can chime in here...
You can mount the lower tabs to the bottom links to them, just not the yolk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
| 2005 VW Touareg V8
Old November 30th, 2004, 05:52 AM   #28
Probesport
20 years of Probin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonman
The first direct bolt-in seat sliders for the Probe/ MX-6!!
They look great, but you can't make that comment as there have been Corbeau direct bolt-in brackets w/slider since 1992.

|
|
|
| 2005 VW Touareg V8
Old November 30th, 2004, 05:53 AM   #29
MonoxideChild
POC Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJTC
pretty nice, good work!, can anybody tell me if the first and second gen have hte same seat mounting points?
yes they do pretty much, u just have to drill out one of the mounting a holes a bit, only takes like 5 minutes, its quite easy.

~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~
Old November 30th, 2004, 05:59 AM   #30
Probesport
20 years of Probin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtfreak
Holes for harness mounting
Bracket for the stock seatbelt (putting a harness on to go get some milk sucks ass).
Great input, Todd, its literally as simple as adding one piece of bent steel to the side of the bracket for the belt receiver. You drill and tap a hole to accept the bolt and viola!

I will see if I can find pics of how Corbeau did it if you would like.

|
|
|
| 2005 VW Touareg V8
Old November 30th, 2004, 07:54 AM   #31
neonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probesport
They look great, but you can't make that comment as there have been Corbeau direct bolt-in brackets w/slider since 1992.
I guess I should have done a search instead of taking the advice from some PTers

Oh well, Damon here's another post you can delete.
Old November 30th, 2004, 08:32 AM   #32
ceyjay26
The Few, The Proud...

Location: Back in country town of Richlands (Jacksonville Jaguars 0-0) (Florida Gators 0-0)
Quote:
I guess I should have done a search instead of taking the advice from some PTers

Oh well, Damon here's another post you can delete.
Or you could just take out first and run with it

My Toys- 2011 Silverado Z71 (Black Neck Ride
),
1995 PGT (Back Again
)

-Ronald Reagan
Old November 30th, 2004, 08:43 AM   #33
GT~ZE
Donating User

nah... f'this... sick of everyone killing ideas around here with their opinions on prices. Looks like a great product and I believe fair priced. (thats a heavy duty looking sucker) Most don't take into concideration of what else is needed to put these damn things in. My base kit was 50, the adapter to my rails was 35. IF I had to get rails that would have been another $50+. So all that said I could have spent more. And I am NOT happy with the set up. What PRO (PMO) has is exactly what I need. Except for the seatbelt piece missing.

While I didn't notice the missing tab for the seat belt. Doesn't mean you should kill the idea! Those look like some great work none the less. Personally pre-drilling holes in the sliders would be a bad idea. More holes = less strength. Personally that is one area I do not want less strength. Even know the stock seats are designed to have the rear break away in a rear ending accident. I would rather have myself supported and safe.

I can snap a pic of my placement of my bracket when I pop my seats out. I have to grind off the middle adapter just to attempt to make it look close to what you have and not hit my head on the roof anymore.

1995 PGT~ZE (sold)
1993 PGT (sold)
Old November 30th, 2004, 08:43 AM   #34
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

I see a lot of people on here bitching that nobody offers a good seat bracket... This is good for EVERY TYPE OF RACING SEAT; Not only Corbeau (Try using a Sparco seat on a Corbeau bracket without some type of major modification...)

Simon
Old November 30th, 2004, 08:47 AM   #35
supergoat
Donating Member

/me thinks that's a steal at that price for what you get.
Stephen Wilds #303
PhotoPOC
BMW 328i
BMW Z4
Old November 30th, 2004, 09:22 AM   #36
neonman

Well I don't feel to bad now after seeing the brand "X" bracket! Look's a little weak to me.

I made ours to be a really low profile. They are made from 1 1/2"x 1/2" c-channel so much much stronger IMO.

Brand x

Brand PRO
Old November 30th, 2004, 09:31 AM   #37
UnorthodoxCreat
Not done yet...

i doubt i'll ever have racing seats but i'd buy the PMO one over any others in a heartbeat. it looks so much more sturdy, seems like it would fit more seats with less mods, and the price is more than fair. Plus you are supporting a great probe vendor which only helps our cause.
1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:13 AM   #38
LOCO
PT Know it All

but like i said before, what if we already have sliders, can we just get the brackets? and if so how much?

95 PGT - BIG things comeing real soon.
2001 Explorer - fully loaded, leather, daily driver
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:41 AM   #39
1slowblackze

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT~ZE
nah... f'this... sick of everyone killing ideas around here with their opinions on prices. Looks like a great product and I believe fair priced. (thats a heavy duty looking sucker) Most don't take into concideration of what else is needed to put these damn things in. My base kit was 50, the adapter to my rails was 35. IF I had to get rails that would have been another $50+. So all that said I could have spent more. And I am NOT happy with the set up. What PRO (PMO) has is exactly what I need. Except for the seatbelt piece missing.

While I didn't notice the missing tab for the seat belt. Doesn't mean you should kill the idea! Those look like some great work none the less. Personally pre-drilling holes in the sliders would be a bad idea. More holes = less strength. Personally that is one area I do not want less strength. Even know the stock seats are designed to have the rear break away in a rear ending accident. I would rather have myself supported and safe.

I can snap a pic of my placement of my bracket when I pop my seats out. I have to grind off the middle adapter just to attempt to make it look close to what you have and not hit my head on the roof anymore.
damn todd no need to close thread... and I got corbeau brackets week turds... I got a pic commin for you before week over... and corbeaus fit only their seats... now pro's fit any seat now thats nice adfect
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:43 AM   #40
1slowblackze

Quote:
Well I don't feel to bad now after seeing the brand "X" bracket! Look's a little weak to me.

I made ours to be a really low profile. They are made from 1 1/2"x 1/2" c-channel so much much stronger IMO.

Brand x
http://www.myphotodrive.com//uploads/762_bracket.jpg

Brand PRO
http://www.myphotodrive.com//uploads...at_sliders.jpg

todd my corbeaus look just liek them thing suckas
Old November 30th, 2004, 12:07 PM   #41
Probesport
20 years of Probin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo93mx6
todd my corbeaus look just liek them thing suckas
The base is nearly identical, however the PRO brackets seem to have a better slider mechanism - the one thing I dislike about the Corbeau brackets.

|
|
|
| 2005 VW Touareg V8
Old November 30th, 2004, 12:10 PM   #42
pgtfreak
Born a poor black child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probesport
You can mount the lower tabs to the bottom links to them, just not the yolk.

Old November 30th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #43
pgtfreak
Born a poor black child

Quote:
My Corbeau sliders look nothing like that, they don't sit up at all. With the Forzas mounted, I have MAYBE 1.5" between the seat bottom and the carpet. If you'd like I can take some pictures of my brackets and PM them to you.

I honestly wasn't trying to knock your product, I was just offering a couple suggestions, that wouldn't affect production costs, and would make these better. Not all criticism is bad.
Old November 30th, 2004, 12:45 PM   #44
neonman

Danmit Man is that what your talking about as the lap belt mount? That doesn't look like it would hold all 190lbs of me. I will take your advise and add the mount. Of course it will be PRO tough though.

Old November 30th, 2004, 12:48 PM   #45
LOCO
PT Know it All

3rd time asking. If we already have sliders can we just get the brackets and if so how much?

Old November 30th, 2004, 12:54 PM   #46
neonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOCO
3rd time asking. If we already have sliders can we just get the brackets and if so how much?
Sorry bro

Well being that all our profit is in the brackets.......hmm how about a dollar two nintey eight.

Hows $75 each shipped?
Old November 30th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #47
LOCO
PT Know it All

a dollar two ninty eight sounds much better lol

$75 shipped sounds pretty good I guess. If I ever get the refund back from the other brackets that I orderd but never got I will get some lol

Old November 30th, 2004, 01:55 PM   #48
GT~ZE
Donating User

My sliders are garbage... I have said "X" brand above but my own sliders... AS you can see from the picture... THEY SIT WAY HIGHER!

1995 PGT~ZE (sold)
1993 PGT (sold)
Old November 30th, 2004, 02:14 PM   #49
Probesport
20 years of Probin'

Quote:
Danmit Man is that what your talking about as the lap belt mount? That doesn't look like it would hold all 190lbs of me.
It's considerably more stout than the factory mount on that thin stamped steel - and that survived NHTSA

|
|
|
| 2005 VW Touareg V8
Old November 30th, 2004, 03:47 PM   #50
Karsoundguy
Balls Across The Nose

you would be surprised at how strong they are. my seats are konig brand and my sliders and brackets come with the lap belt hook and it is really nice and quite sturdy. i paid 120 for the sliders and 120 for the brackets so todd has a fair price.