Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever wondered what it'd feel like to be a ghost...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever wondered what it'd feel like to be a ghost...

...and be able to walk through walls? Two nights ago, I had the privilige of finding out.

Friday night I had nothing to do. I had just completed a 64-hour week at work, and wanted to chill. My friend Emily had no plans, either, so I rented some movies and drove out to the boonies to her house.
    We had both already eaten dinner, but our sweet-teeth got the best of us. We busted out her old-skool ice cream maker and a very tasty recipe for mint-chocolate chip ice cream. When it came time to add the flavors, we ad-libbed. Instead of the 2/3 cup Cremé de Menthe the recipe called for, we kicked it up to 1 1/2 cups. :grin: We wanted to chill, and chill we were going to! We tossed it in the ice cream maker and turned the motor on.
    As we were cleaning up in the kitchen, I happened to look out the window and see her neighbor attempting to load her massive black Thoroughbred stallion into a teensy trailer. The horse was walking all over the poor woman, and she kept smackin' him with her whip. I slid my flip-flops on and walked over while our ice cream made itself.
    As I approached her fence, I asked if she needed a hand. I've had 19 years of experience with horses, and figured I might be able to coax the agitated and frightened stud into the trailer. The woman didn't seem to be too knowledgeable about horses, and I figured she probably just had more money than brains and got a horse because she thought they were neat.
    Anyhoo, I petted Galant on his neck and face, and tried to convey to him that he'd be alright. In the meantime, I asked the woman to please open the trailer door and put the whip down. After a few minutes of petting and soothing words, Galant was ready to get into this little aluminum box that his owner called a trailer.
    I told the the woman, Linda, that as soon as Galant had all four hooves in the trailer, to close the rear door immediately. Horses cannot see directly behind them, and when they have three walls around them, they become nervous. You never tie a horse into a trailer until the rear door is shut. She told me she understood.
    So I led Galant on to the trailer, making sure the side escape door was open. As soon as he was on, I told Linda to latch the rear door. She told me she had. As I began to tie Galant to the trailer, the rear door flew open. She hadn't done what I'd asked her to do. Galant spooked and pulled backwards. I was in the midst of tying his halter to the trailer, and when he pulled back, I went with him. As he began to back out of the trailer, Linda slammed the rear door agaist the horse, spooking him further. At that time, Galant attemted to rear in this tiny trailer, pushing me against the wall. I thought I was going to be crushed into a pile of bones n' stuff. I was near the side escape door, but the 1500lb. animal had me pinned against the wall. I felt the wall begin to buckle, and I could only think that my mom had been right all these years: a horse would be the death of me. Before I knew it, Galant let out a huge snort and seemed to press all his weight against me. Linda was in the background screaming and yelling, but I wasn't too concerned with her at the moment.
    Before I knew it, the thin aluminum wall gave. I was pressed through the torn metal and landed on the ground. When I sat up, Galant had freed himself from the trailer and was galloping around the pasture in fear. Linda helped me try to get up, but I fell back down. Blood was everywhere. Next thing I knew, I was gettin' helped into the ambulance by Chad, one of the paramedics. I was totally conscious the entire time, which sucked because I had to listen to the paramedics' stupid jokes and to my friend flirting up front with the driver.
    I got to the ER and when all was said and done, I'm very lucky to be alive. I came out of the whole ordeal with a bruised upper right rib, numerouse cuts, scrapes, and scratches, a bump on my noggin, and three butterfly bandages on the ball of my left foot. Do you know what great fun it is to play "when will the bruise show up?" I have some nasty-colored marks on my body at this time. Ow.
    I'm glad I'm alright, as I've suffered a ridiculous amount of injuries in my 19 years of life. Just thought I'd share my Friday night with y'all!

~Kimberly
    Miss Kimberly René

appropriately inappropriate

well im glad to see youre alright :smile: and to the stupid woman that has more money then her IQ what a moron, you never stuff some big heavy horse into a small trailer, i would think that's common sense.
    --MJ--
    --2006 Ford Fusion I4 SE--Tungsten Silver--6 Speed Auto--

Comment

It seems to me that you didnt do much walkin'

Horse...pfffft...good for glue
      _™

Comment

Jeez Kim. You are a walking magnet for accidents and pain it seems. Glad your ok.
        Travis --.................................................. .../ \
        '94 Talon TSi AWD.................................................. ._\ /_
        The bump in my hood means I am happy to see you.-../__/ \__\

Comment

I hope ya feel better soon, Kimberly. I hope the neighbor-lady has at least apologized to you.

Comment

Jesus Kim.... that sucks... :sad:
            MMIV, MMV, MMVI, MMVII, HH2k2, HH2k3, HH2k4, HH2k5, HH2k6, HH2k7, HH2k8

Comment

Stay away from helping, Kim. For a while atleast. You really should be more careful. That woman seems like she was an idiot to not have followed such simple directions. :x

Comment

Glad to hear you'll be ok. It must've really sucked to be rammed through an aluminum wall by an animal that weighed nearly a ton. Rear-end crashes, animals, cripes what's next? Anyway, get well soon, and take it easy for a little while...
                Mike's White '94 Probe GT - K&N Air Box Filter | NGK 8mm Wires | NGK V-groove Platinum Plugs | Aftermarket Power Moonroof | Sony 10 CD Changer | Spring Lowering Kit | DEAD TRANNY AND AXLE BY MEINEKE | more to come...
                Edmonton cops are - unless you think 200,000 photo radar tickets a year is normal... _ _
                NEVER join Bally Total Fitness - their long-term monthly memberships are actually loans and they've ruined people's credit - see more HERE and HERE.
                Still looking to see what I say in my posts? Looking for mine specifically? Don't obsess like you have before - just leave me alone.

Comment

Kim you need to stay off the roads, and stay away from animals.

Comment

Wow, that sucks.

I know all about the trials and tribulations of loading frisky horses into trailers when they really didn't want to go in the first place... But I can safely say I've never been rammed through the side of one!

Hope you have a quick recovery and I hope Galant is ok too. This Linda character sounds like she needs a few how-to lessons when it comes to horses...
                    ~SumR
                    I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

Boy, I hate people like that. I remember seeing someone in a 540i, when they first came out. They were parked in the middle of an intersection looking confused, I thought, you have no right to have such a nice car.

There are these houses over by me, they are on over 1 acre lots (big for CA) and some of them have horses on them. It is bad enough that they have really expensive cars that they can't drive, do they really need horses that they can't ride as well, can you say Christopher Reeve.

Lots of free time + lots of free money - brains = trouble

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It seems I've been chosen to be a human crash-test-dummy. However, I'm proof of just how durable the human body can be.
                        The woman seemed nice enough, it just irks me to no end to see some dimwit think they can be responsible for the well-being of a large animal like that, when in reality she's probably hardly responsible for herself.
                        Anyhoo, I went to the doctor this morning, and I'm still alive. Just banged up, and they wanted to do a few x-rays to be absolutely sure my ribs were alright. Everything was fine. I may be a fool, but I've got plans to ride tomorrow night. Will I ever learn?

Thanks again for the concerns. /me hugs PT.
                        ~Kimberly
                        Miss Kimberly René

appropriately inappropriate

Comment

Hehe, getting back up on a horse, huh?

Comment

Working...
                          X