Left Light wont go down HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Light wont go down HELP!

on my 92 GL the left light stayed in the up postition and the right one whent down like it was suppost to, i realize i can crank it down to my self but is there away i can fix it my self so it will pop up and go down like it is supost to when i turn on and off my lights.
    thanks
    Adam

I could be wrong, but I would say that your headlight motor is out. You'd have to get a new one for it to work. If you don't want the light to stay up then manually crank it down. I'm not sure where it's at on the 1st gen. I'm more familiar with the 2nd gen. Still getting used to my car. Check ebay motors or other websites for the motor. You'll be able to find one pretty easily.
    Ross Evilsizor
    92' Silver GL MTX 11/18/1991-8/3/2011
    Major Meets: HH 2K5 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 BAMM 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 2K11 MM8 MM9 MMX PPMI Marriage Mayhem 2007 3M 08 Goat's Gettysburg 2010

Comment

Yea, sounds like the left headlight motor is dead.
      They more expensive then u think, $125 last time i checked.

Comment

The motor might not be dead, the same happaned to my 90gl. It would get stuck in the up position when the other had gone down, I did not notice it at first and left only to find a dead battery when I came back. Remove the shroude from around the light and look for anything jamming the linkages, you may also want to try WD40; it is what eventually fixed mine.

It could also be the motor is not getting power, there is a way to hot wire it by applying direct 12 to it, search the forums to find the exact directions.

Motors are a pain in the butt to fix.

Comment

When you have your headlights on feel the motor from underneath. If its hot then you are getting power to it but that also means that the motor is probably shot. Do what Marcot1 said first. If that didn't take care of it then go to a JY and try swapping it out with another motor. hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcot1
            ...Remove the shroude from around the light and look for anything jamming the linkages, you may also want to try WD40; it is what eventually fixed mine....
            WD-40 worked for me. Amazing what a little lube will do! LOL

Gone but not forgotten:
            '90 PGT that I ran for 11 years from '95 thru '06. It ran a 9.xx sec 1/4 mile, but someone deleted my sig so all of my mods are also forgotten ? EVERY DETAIL or Ryanpzz hacked me !

Comment

When you manually turn down your lights, the motor should engage by itself, whether the lights are on or not, to finish moving the lights (at least that is what mine and my bro's do). If the motor doesn't engage when you start to turn you lights down, it might be shot or as mentioned above, it might not be gettng power.

Comment

Working...
              X