This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jason993
    It isn't for a setup with the external coil, but I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to use the harness with an external coil.
    All you do is not connect 1 of the 3 wires in that harness and bam, external coil. I used this harness for my install with an external coil.
    Previously: 93 PGT Turbo...you know, back when you had to build the setup yourself.

Currently: 2012 Jeep GC Overland Summit - 1965 Chevy C10 SWB Fleet

Comment

Originally posted by SirMichael
      What is the benefit of having a rev limiter???
      no big deal really, just keeps the engine from blowing up
      NoclssGT.com
      PhotoPOC
      DaddyPOC
      1997 Ford Probe GT MTX, 2009 Mazda6i MTX, 2007 Jeep Commander 4x4

Comment

they should send it free of charge. it's bad enough that everything else for our cars is so damned expensive.

if you guys have any quesitons, please don't hesitate to ask. i've already installed 3 of these and assisted on a couple of others. both my mx-6 and my probe have them installed and they work great.

i'll see about getting a better write-up done and in PDF format AND host it on PT.C
        ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I'll get the write up and files over to you as soon as I can recover from the hacker attack to my webserver... =\

Sorry about the down time. =(
          Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6
          K&N CAI w/Open Shroud & Halltech Beehive
          Port matched intake manifold/exhaust
          Dual X-pipe conversion to Z06 HiFlow
          Diablo Sport ECU/TCM Tuned

Comment

So i just bought a MSD 6A and a Blaster 2 Coil w/ mounting bracket for $50, should i get rid of this and get a 6AL?? or can i get a additional part to add a rev limiter??

I have been using nitrous for some time (75-shot), and haven't ran into problems with my stock system but i figured i would upgrade my ignition now especially for that cheap.

anyone have any suggestions on what i should do??

Comment

You can use the 6a and later buy the rev limiter add on module. I used it because I get carried away in a gear when coming around a turn in the twisties....
              Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6

Comment

FWIW I just called MSD today 7/1/04

MSD Wiring Harness Adapter (wires into stock disti) - Free through MSD - works best for 93/94 KL-series engine ONLY

They are still giving that wire adapter away for free.
                Last edited by Slammed6; July 1, 2004, 09:20 AM.

Comment

yep, i just got off the phone with MSD and i ordered the prototype adapter harness,

Comment

Originally posted by Slammed6
                    FWIW I just called MSD today 7/1/04

MSD Wiring Harness Adapter (wires into stock disti) - Free through MSD - works best for 93/94 KL-series engine ONLY

They are still giving that wire adapter away for free.
                    When I got mine, they never told me that I had to call back and ask for the same person who sent me my part. When I called to tell them the white wire was too short, and the wire colors on the diagram weren't right for my car, they told me I had to know the name of the guy who sent it to me. , if they had told me, I would have written it down. Do you have a name/phone number of anyone at MSD who is taking feedback on these? I need to give them my $0.02, but they couldn't even guess who I talked to, lol.

Jason

Comment

try directing your question to Joe LaPille at MSD. He agreed to work with us on getting a rep for our website.

See I can make things happen for my people.
                      Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                      MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                      Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

7/22/04....MSD is still giving the harnesses away free. Ordered mine today.
                        I got a 6AL box with the rev limiter modules off my freinds Nova for $50, still working...hell of a deal. He wanted to switch to mallory ignition

My question is...Do I need the tach adapter for my 94 PGT or will the tach work fine with just the harness?

I read this thread but wasnt quite sure on that fact.
                        94GT: Port and Polish IM, prelude CAI, Flowmaster catback exhaust, H4 conversions, Splitfire Plug Wires, Stock 3pc spoiler, poly filled F&R mounts, sprints, illuminas on front, KYB AGX inserts on rear.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this was answered before. i might have pruned it by accident when merging threads. The answer is no. the 93-94 PGT's do not need a tach adapter.
                          Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6

Comment

Originally posted by wilbsaj
                            7/22/04....MSD is still giving the harnesses away free. Ordered mine today.
                            I got a 6AL box with the rev limiter modules off my freinds Nova for $50, still working...hell of a deal. He wanted to switch to mallory ignition

My question is...Do I need the tach adapter for my 94 PGT or will the tach work fine with just the harness?

I read this thread but wasnt quite sure on that fact.
                            I have a 94GT as well, and wondered the same thing. No, it works just fine, I believe the white/blue and white/green wires are actually connected in the wiring harness, so even though you don't end up hooking up one of them (I forget which), it works just fine.

You may have to modify the wiring harness when you get it, the white wire on mine was too short to follow the old path and would have hit the stator if I ran it straight. I spliced on another piece of wire and put some shrink tubing on it so there was no chance for a short. I also used a nail set to make sure everything was flat after I put it in (don't hit it hard!).
                            Last edited by jason993; July 22, 2004, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Umm.. either my AOL sucks or the link at the top doesn't work. Is it just me?
                              its time to call it quits, gotta sell her

Comment

AOL does suck but make sure your going here: http://www.gilstarr.d2g.com/MSD_Main.html

until the updates go onto SCPOC.com
                                Last edited by starr_719; September 3, 2004, 10:10 AM.
                                Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6

Comment

Working...
                                X