My loyalty is being tested.....again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apinn_25
    Damon - I'm getting the ZE through Eric.
    road trip?
    My Probe: 1990 gl
    DD probe AKA "junky" :1994 GT KLDE Mods: CAI,
    Mods from the Junkyard :2.5'' catback, sTs and poly bushings, front strut bar, 17 lbs flywheel, MX6 5 speed, shredded timing belt

Comment

Originally posted by Juanchi
      hey shawn, i would never install a turbo in my 2nd gen mx6.....just because they are not reliable cars without the turbo, now i could just imagine my car with a turbo, it will be parked more, then on the streets. So i am sticking with my klze and bolt ons, plus if i wanted more power, i would get a different car, not a mx6. These cars werent meant to be fast, i see people always struggling with them to get them as fast as they want, but most give up. But on another note, if you feel helpless now, watch this video and it might cheer you up....382whp at 18 psi........

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...y/media/527061
      sorry juan, i like you and i like what you've been able to do with your car, but i don't buy that argument whatsoever. i mean, "these cars weren't meant to be fast"? sure, they may not be sports cars in the truest sense of the word, but they are "sports coupes" and they were given that designation for a reason.

mine is plenty fast. i wouldn't add forced induction, but that is a personal preference. the one thing i wouldn't do is make light of someone else wanting to do what shawn and mike chavez are trying to do. it's just going to take them a bit longer to get it to where they want it, but when they're done, their cars will be more than fast.

shawn: cool. i'm a bit wary about some of eric's "connections" but if he can get you a decent deal, then that's cool. keep in mind that if you pay more than $800 for it, you can get it cheaper.

that's not a slight on eric at all, so please don't take it that way.
      ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
        sorry juan, i like you and i like what you've been able to do with your car, but i don't buy that argument whatsoever. i mean, "these cars weren't meant to be fast"? sure, they may not be sports cars in the truest sense of the word, but they are "sports coupes" and they were given that designation for a reason.

mine is plenty fast. i wouldn't add forced induction, but that is a personal preference. the one thing i wouldn't do is make light of someone else wanting to do what shawn and mike chavez are trying to do. it's just going to take them a bit longer to get it to where they want it, but when they're done, their cars will be more than fast.

96 MX6 LS PTE preped
        96 Probe GT (Sold)
        93 KLZE Base Probe (Sold)

Comment

We did not get the engine pulled yesterday. The cherry picker never made it to my place. The guy we are borrowing it from was not able to bring it to us and I have no way to pick it up. I talked to him last night and he will get it to us today. More to come later.
          Life is a class room, every day is a lesson.
          IC1(SW) Satterfield, US Navy
          "Home of the free because of the brave "

Comment

We did not get the engine pulled yesterday. The cherry picker never made it to my place. The guy we are borrowing it from was not able to bring it to us and I have no way to pick it up. I talked to him last night and he will get it to us today. More to come later.

ok man if the picker doesnt show up before sunday im coming by with one i can steal from my buddy, lol i got all sunday to mess around hit me up

dan
            Capt tool fetcher of the pirate ship Ignorance
            Mods from the Junkyard :2.5'' catback, sTs and poly bushings, front strut bar, 17 lbs flywheel, MX6 5 speed, shredded timing belt

Comment

That sounds good Dan. The picker still has not been brought by. Guess that is what happens when I rely on poeple I don't really know. I'm going to buy an engine stand tomorrow too. Then we will plan on pulling the engine Sunday.
              Last edited by apinn_25; June 10, 2007, 04:46 PM.

Comment

good luck with everything shawn.

remember, i still have those valve covers if you want them.
                ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

lemme call my buddy

That sounds good Dan. The picker still has not been brought by. Guess that is what happens I rely on poeple I don't really know. I'm going to buy an engine stand tomorrow too. Then we will plan on pulling the engine Sunday.
                  woohoo for engine ripout!!! theres not really any point to putting the busted up motor on the stand right? im on the mission for the picker and a truck to get it down to you and maybe hang out for a couple hours fetchin tools for you im on it

Dan

ok i got the picker for tommorow just tell me when on sunday i shoudl show up with it
                  Last edited by 94PGTKLDE; June 9, 2007, 12:07 PM.

Comment

No, the stand isn't for the busted engine so much as the one I will rebuild. I will actually put the blown engine on the stand to tear it down. I'm still not sure if I want to spend the money to fully prep an engine for boost though. I'm looking at buying upgrades for a bottom end rebuild. It is going to run something like $2000 for good pistons/rods/studs and a re-ring kit. Then another $1500 for an EMS. Just the sound of it makes my bank account cringe But I like the idea of F/I. We'll see. First thing on the "to do" list, get another engine in the car.

Damon - With the distractions of the past week or so I forgot about the valve covers. Sorry. Did you ever send a pic of them to me?

Dan - How does noon sound?

Comment

No, the stand isn't for the busted engine so much as the one I will rebuild. I will actually put the blown engine on the stand to tear it down. I'm still not sure if I want to spend the money to fully prep an engine for boost though. I'm looking at buying upgrades for a bottom end rebuild. It is going to run something like $2000 for good pistons/rods/studs and a re-ring kit. Then another $1500 for an EMS. Just the sound of it makes my bank account cringe But I like the idea of F/I. We'll see. First thing on the "to do" list, get another engine in the car.

Damon - With the distractions of the past week or so I forgot about the valve covers. Sorry. Did you ever send a pic of them to me?

Dan - How does noon sound?
                      sounds like a plan, did you pick up th engine stand yet? i havent found out if im suposta pick up the picker today or morrow morning, either way sounds like fun drinkin tonight working morrow woohoo

Dan

Comment

No I haven't picked up an engine stand yet. I almost bought one from Cragen but I can get the same one they had for $15 bucks less at Harbor Frieght. I'm thinking of going to the swap meet by Sports Arena tomorrow morning to see if I can get one for cheap.

Comment

No I haven't picked up an engine stand yet. I almost bought one from Cragen but I can get the same one they had for $15 bucks less at Harbor Frieght. I'm thinking of going to the swap meet by Sports Arena tomorrow morning to see if I can get one for cheap.
                          if they havent changed it much in the last 6 months, by the food stand in the corner is a guy who sells tools for a little cheaper then harbor, but its been a while since ive been there lol

good luck ill bring a furniture dolly just in case lol

Daniel

Comment

Thanks to Dan the engine is out. If he hadn't provided a cherry picker it would have been a bit longer before it would be pulled. Several pics were taken. I will try to get them uploaded this evening.

Shawn

Comment

Thanks to Dan the engine is out. If he hadn't provided a cherry picker it would have been a bit longer before it would be pulled. Several pics were taken. I will try to get them uploaded this evening.

Shawn

i had a blast, thanks for letting me come over and help out

Daniel

Comment

i wanna see
                                96PGTZE~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
                                FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
                                PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE

Comment

Working...
                                X