Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you want to replace your power window/lock light?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about those stupid little "nails" w/ the plastic washers that always insist on breaking when i take the panels off. does anyone know where i can get new ones? it's not necessary but my panels shake when i drive over bumpy roads or shut the door.

Comment

Junkyard. Find a probe and start yanking them out, I tried to get aftermarket ones but no dice. I just pulled a bunch off a wrecked probe, they are all over them just be careful pulling them out.

Comment

I just wanted to say thanks to who ever started this post.....I`ve had my PGT for over a year and never knew those switches were suppose to light up.
        After reading above, getting the Radio Shack #, I got the bulbs, changed them and now they light up beautifully.

Note......when you get the bulbs they are just the bulb with long metal strands....and not the rubber fitting the bulb sits in.
        (Just in case anyone was wondering).
        http://members.cardomain.com/maritimeprobegt

~UNDER CONSTRUCTION...RIP 02/21/03~

Comment

your welcome guys

Man, and here I thought I was wasting all you old pro's time with this post. I was just doing my lights, had a camera, and thought it would be fun to post a "how to" like I've seen some of you guys do :grin:
          - Brad
          it's an unhealthy obsession

Comment

Well it wasn`t a waste of time bud......I`ve read many posts that I`ve done and your caught my attention.
            I was so excited tonight when I changed the bulbs and saw more interior lights shine.
            Buying a used car and not knowing what is suppose to be lit was a bummer.

Thanks again!

Comment

And those stupid blue rubbers are a pain, hopefully you can reuse them if not, you have multi-colour toggle switches to look at in the night.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieFX
                Im running 3mm High Intensity LED's in my window/locking control panels.
                Ditto

Duncan
                I used to own a bunch of PGTs.......Now I don't

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalGT

Ditto

Duncan
                  I salute you brother prober.

Actually, a UK prober gave me the idea originally.

BTW, my LED's are blue, not green.
                  Jerry
                  probe corner

Comment

nice write up, I think I'm going to do this soon.
                    any idea where the hell the bulbs are for the buttons on the console for the foglight button? I done the foglight mod and ever since I havent' had a foglight button light. yes yes the wires are fine, I think the bulb is gone.
                    NoclssGT.com
                    PhotoPOC
                    DaddyPOC
                    1997 Ford Probe GT MTX, 2009 Mazda6i MTX, 2007 Jeep Commander 4x4

Comment

Dan, pop the switch out and inside you will see a small hole with a philips style plastic thingy. Use a flat screwdriver or whatever and just twist it off. That holds the bulb for the switches. You will have to turn the switch over and shake it ever so slightly for the bulb to pop out. Its the same bulb as the power window buttons.

Comment

And to continue on that .....just take a needlenose plyers and pull off the metal staps from the bulb. (Its strapped all around the bulbs holder to provide the connection).
                        Then the bulb will slip out easily.

Comment

man, ford engineers should be commended (or shot) for coming up with ways to make even the smallest job near impossible to do.

How many probers does it take to change a switch bulb...hehehe!

Comment

screw all the hard work

dude, all you need to do is pop up the towards-the-rear side of the control plate, pop it out of the door, unplug the harness, grab a skinny head flat screwdriver, stick it in the hole where the little piece has a line, and turn it counter-clockwise. it will loosen, then you need to guide it out of the hole by making sure its lined up, and tapping on the switch. it wil fall out.

when you swap the bulb, just drop it bulb end first into the hole, and twist it until it locks into place. i fiddled with mine tonight, and figured it all out within 5 minutes.
                            Fat chicks dig me.

Comment

Does anyone happen to know where you can get those little blue condom things if you lose them? I know how to change it to an LED but i see no real point when all i need is the cover thing. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X