No announcement yet.

PRO seat sliders (direct bolt-in)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

momo brackets and sliders are cheaper for the probe than what pmo are selling theirs for

also nopi sells their number 1 bracket for $60.00 and the slider for $50.67

total 110.67

Comment

Neonman, could I please get these two dimensions:

Thank you!
      Last edited by Illmatic; November 29, 2004, 11:04 PM.
      '93 Electric Blue GT MTX | 15.5@86.6 w/ slipping clutch mod. That's so "last season."
      ONPOC.ca

Comment

Looks like nice work but is it secure!? Im afraid the seat goes flying during impact... I dont want to eject like a jet pilot...

Comment

oh those suckers will be secure. Mine are a tad thiner and I swear you could lift the car with the suckers.
          ~Jay~
          04 Mazda 6S Wagon
          1995 PGT~ZE (sold)
          1993 PGT (sold)

Comment

nice work again todd.. new name oh boy even better yet... so its nto pmo anymore pro sweet
            Would love for pmo/pro to give me my 2000 veilside hyundai tiburon back and the several thousands of dollars they owe me or the parts!

Comment

Originally posted by neonman
              Just did a google search and most direct bolt-in OEM sliders are around a $100 each.

Not trying to hijack your thread (and of course I won't give a link), but my direct bolt-in Corbeau brackets, with sliders included, were only $70 each. Just a little FYI, I suppose.
              '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
              '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Oh, forgot to add the suggestions I had:
                Holes for harness mounting
                Bracket for the stock seatbelt (putting a harness on to go get some milk sucks ass).
                And have you test fitted them in a car that still has carpet?
                Last edited by pgtfreak; November 30, 2004, 03:00 AM.
                '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Any idea what the weight is for those? pretty light or heavy?
                  Thanks
                  Ryan
                  My Old Cars
                  I had a blast at probetalk thank you all for your help, what a great community.

Comment

hey freak can do you corbeau seats with those brackets? if not hit me up a pm i wanna get some real brackets,

Comment

i might be interest in those, if you produce them for the 1g.
                      my seats are not 100% fixed.

post the dimensions that Illmatic send.

DAVID 1989 Ford Probe GT FE3 TURBO 2.0L DOCH 16V.
                      PRD Best 1st gen at Myrtle Madness X
                      [X]FE3 TURBOCHARGED + TOO MANY EXTRAS[X]

232hp-220tq @ 10psi for now
                      cardomain

Comment

You don't want to mount harnesses down on the seat bracket... You want to be off at an angle so that your spine doesn't colapse during impact... I'm sure someone with a harness bar or that knows the exact dimensions can chime in here...

Todd - Looks great! I've got a 1 piece aluminium setup for my Festiva about that thick. Been in 2 accidents and never had a problem with them letting go...

Simon
                        Last edited by SimonTuffGuy; November 30, 2004, 06:18 AM.
                        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
                          You don't want to mount harnesses down on the seat bracket... You want to be off at an angle so that your spine doesn't colapse during impact... I'm sure someone with a harness bar or that knows the exact dimensions can chime in here...
                          You can mount the lower tabs to the bottom links to them, just not the yolk.
                          Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                          PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                          1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                          1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Originally posted by neonman
                            The first direct bolt-in seat sliders for the Probe/ MX-6!!
                            They look great, but you can't make that comment as there have been Corbeau direct bolt-in brackets w/slider since 1992.
                            1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Originally posted by compJTC
                              pretty nice, good work!, can anybody tell me if the first and second gen have hte same seat mounting points?
                              yes they do pretty much, u just have to drill out one of the mounting a holes a bit, only takes like 5 minutes, its quite easy.
                              PaTricK
                              ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Originally posted by pgtfreak
                                Holes for harness mounting
                                Bracket for the stock seatbelt (putting a harness on to go get some milk sucks ass).
                                Great input, Todd, its literally as simple as adding one piece of bent steel to the side of the bracket for the belt receiver. You drill and tap a hole to accept the bolt and viola!

I will see if I can find pics of how Corbeau did it if you would like.

Comment

Working...
                                X