Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ND guy

Hi,
    I'm travis and I live in Minot. Just joined this site and I'll be picking up a 96 GT from williston next weekend. Anyone done a clutch on these before? How hard is it? Would I need much help or is it just worth it to pay to have someone do it. Any insight would be appreciated thks and if there's any guys near minot it'd be cool to meet up sometime.

It could be a little fustrating, but my first time ever installing a clutch was on my 95 probe gt took me and a buddy of mine about an hour to take the tranny out the car. If you do have some kind of mechanical skills that i would recomand you to just do it yourself if your looking to save some cash but just go out and pick up a manual for the car it really helps alot.
    long hair dont care

Comment

Thks I'll do that. I'd like to think I'm pretty mechanical. I work on aircraft and I did replace the shortblock in my s2000 so I guess if i get a manuel I should be able to handle it. Just like a chilltons manuel right? Where exactly is howell ND is that near minot?

Comment

Actually do not think Addicted is from ND or if he is, first time he posted in here. My name is Chris and I am the NDPOC pres. Anything you need help with or have questions about, let me know.

As far as a clutch in a gt, not terribly hard, but not the easiest thing on earth to do either. Pick up a Chiltons on the car, read the procedure first (lotsa little quirks on these cars) and plan to spend some time on it. Make sure you have the proper stuff, floor jack, good tool set, good set of pry bars and an engine bay support bar. Other than that, take your time and with your experiece should no be too much of a problem.
        NDPOC President
        2010 Dodge Journey (Da wifes), 2006 Cadillac STS-4 (the daily driver), 2008 Yamaha Raider (1.8 liters of fun), 2002 Chevy 2500 4x4 (the pull the other cars car), 1976 Corvette Stingray L-48

Comment

Originally posted by Backinblack View Post
          Actually do not think Addicted is from ND or if he is, first time he posted in here. My name is Chris and I am the NDPOC pres. Anything you need help with or have questions about, let me know.

As far as a clutch in a gt, not terribly hard, but not the easiest thing on earth to do either. Pick up a Chiltons on the car, read the procedure first (lotsa little quirks on these cars) and plan to spend some time on it. Make sure you have the proper stuff, floor jack, good tool set, good set of pry bars and an engine bay support bar. Other than that, take your time and with your experiece should no be too much of a problem.
          I should have all the tools I'll need. I'll be doing it at the auto skills center we have on the air force base and they pretty much have evrything. Thanks for the welcome and I'll be sure to take my time.

Comment

Working...
          X