Supercharger kits???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharger kits???

Hello I was hoping someone could direct me where I can get a supercharger kit or at least brackets to install the M62 on the KL . Hope someone can help me out here . Thanks !

Sadly there isn't any kits to purchase for our cars anymore, they are all custom made. If you want a kit - you will have to keep track on here and social media Probe/MX6/KL groups and wait for someone to sell theirs.

Comment

Did you check with a local fabricator?
      1995 Probe GT - N2O Ingested, CM 3, fidanza, headers, exhaust, CAI, MS, kenwood sound
      2010 Ram 1500 4x4 - Daily Driver
      99 Mustang V6 stock inherited not sure what the plan is

Comment

I've got what appears to be an almost finished s/c from Adlorin, from way back.
        I never did anything with it and can't attest to it being a fully functional kit (as in it may need welding of certain brackets and misc things)

I also have a M62 that would go with it.

If you're interested I could dig out the box and snap some pics.
        '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
        '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by Greg 94 PGT View Post
          I've got what appears to be an almost finished s/c from Adlorin, from way back.
          I never did anything with it and can't attest to it being a fully functional kit (as in it may need welding of certain brackets and misc things)

I also have a M62 that would go with it.

If you're interested I could dig out the box and snap some pics.
          im interested in buying it, and I live pretty close, always hated the sound of the KL on turbo. I assume this bolts in place of the AC?
          PhotoPOC(tm)
          MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
          93' PGT not stock
          91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Originally posted by j-dogg View Post
            im interested in buying it, and I live pretty close, always hated the sound of the KL on turbo. I assume this bolts in place of the AC?
            No it was one of his shaft kits that puts the m62 in (or near, can't remember) the stock battery location.

It wasn't a "finished" kit, it needed to have the brackets and stuff welded onto the shaft. But it had all of the required pieces for the shaft kit and all his plans (disclaimer: these aren't engineered drawings, but not sketched out with a pencil either).

I'll try to pull down the box of stuff next week and get some pics together
            '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
            '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by Greg 94 PGT View Post
              No it was one of his shaft kits that puts the m62 in (or near, can't remember) the stock battery location.

It wasn't a "finished" kit, it needed to have the brackets and stuff welded onto the shaft. But it had all of the required pieces for the shaft kit and all his plans (disclaimer: these aren't engineered drawings, but not sketched out with a pencil either).

I'll try to pull down the box of stuff next week and get some pics together
              That's the kit I have been looking for, I had the chance to grab one 10 years ago and it slipped away and the guy backed out on me. Clutched s/c right? Get some pics together and let me see what all needs to be done, that kit has been the holy grail for me because it lets you retain the AC and in my age I have grown old and fat and want AC now lol
              PhotoPOC(tm)
              MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
              93' PGT not stock
              91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

It would not be too terribly hard to fab up a shaft type SC drive like this one. So I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to finish this one up.
                Success is a measure of determination!
                Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                Restoration of a legend

Comment

The A/C compressor kits are SUPER easy to make... however you only get a few psi out of them if you're using a clutched supercharger.
                  Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
                  Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
                  Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
                  The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Originally posted by proboner View Post
                    The A/C compressor kits are SUPER easy to make... however you only get a few psi out of them if you're using a clutched supercharger.
                    You can OD the crank pulley, mines still clutched and running 6PSI and i can still go 10mm larger diameter crank pulley but im at the limit of the mill S injectors.
                    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Yeah my kit had an OD crank pulley as well, but finding one is difficult and making one without proper knowledge and tooling even more so
                      Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
                      Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
                      Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
                      The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Stoker - When you find that kit please let me know , I haven't been able to check in on here until now I had some out of state family over .. When the time comes ill send you my number to make things easier . Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Greg sorry not stoker lol

Comment

Working...
                        X