Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Performance Section > 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Performance

2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Performance Discussion of Performance topics for V6 2.5L

Old October 27th, 2017, 04:43 AM   #1
9gt5

Supercharger kits???

Hello I was hoping someone could direct me where I can get a supercharger kit or at least brackets to install the M62 on the KL . Hope someone can help me out here . Thanks !
9gt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 02:15 PM   #2
Onyxhammer
PT Regular

Sadly there isn't any kits to purchase for our cars anymore, they are all custom made. If you want a kit - you will have to keep track on here and social media Probe/MX6/KL groups and wait for someone to sell theirs.
Onyxhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 07:08 PM   #3
Level 9

Did you check with a local fabricator?
Level 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 06:22 AM   #4
Greg 94 PGT
Donating Member

I've got what appears to be an almost finished s/c from Adlorin, from way back.
I never did anything with it and can't attest to it being a fully functional kit (as in it may need welding of certain brackets and misc things)

I also have a M62 that would go with it.

If you're interested I could dig out the box and snap some pics.

'04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*
Greg 94 PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2017, 12:24 AM   #5
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Location: pwning the crap out of supersquid in Unreal Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg 94 PGT View Post
I've got what appears to be an almost finished s/c from Adlorin, from way back.
I never did anything with it and can't attest to it being a fully functional kit (as in it may need welding of certain brackets and misc things)

I also have a M62 that would go with it.

If you're interested I could dig out the box and snap some pics.
im interested in buying it, and I live pretty close, always hated the sound of the KL on turbo. I assume this bolts in place of the AC?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93' PGT 157k stocker current boost project, JVC headunit, Alpine audio, trans saver, STBs
2016 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution 505hp 1800ft.lb., the money maker
j-dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2017, 07:21 AM   #6
Greg 94 PGT
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
im interested in buying it, and I live pretty close, always hated the sound of the KL on turbo. I assume this bolts in place of the AC?
No it was one of his shaft kits that puts the m62 in (or near, can't remember) the stock battery location.

It wasn't a "finished" kit, it needed to have the brackets and stuff welded onto the shaft. But it had all of the required pieces for the shaft kit and all his plans (disclaimer: these aren't engineered drawings, but not sketched out with a pencil either).

I'll try to pull down the box of stuff next week and get some pics together

'04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?"
379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*
Greg 94 PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2017, 08:25 AM   #7
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Location: pwning the crap out of supersquid in Unreal Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg 94 PGT View Post
No it was one of his shaft kits that puts the m62 in (or near, can't remember) the stock battery location.

It wasn't a "finished" kit, it needed to have the brackets and stuff welded onto the shaft. But it had all of the required pieces for the shaft kit and all his plans (disclaimer: these aren't engineered drawings, but not sketched out with a pencil either).

I'll try to pull down the box of stuff next week and get some pics together
That's the kit I have been looking for, I had the chance to grab one 10 years ago and it slipped away and the guy backed out on me. Clutched s/c right? Get some pics together and let me see what all needs to be done, that kit has been the holy grail for me because it lets you retain the AC and in my age I have grown old and fat and want AC now lol

93' PGT 157k stocker current boost project, JVC headunit, Alpine audio, trans saver, STBs
2016 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution 505hp 1800ft.lb., the money maker
j-dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2017, 09:52 AM   #8
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

It would not be too terribly hard to fab up a shaft type SC drive like this one. So I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to finish this one up.

-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2017, 06:13 PM   #9
proboner

The A/C compressor kits are SUPER easy to make... however you only get a few psi out of them if you're using a clutched supercharger.

Elo-

The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Project RWD- RWD PGT For Sale... pm me if interested
proboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2017, 03:15 AM   #10
stoker100
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proboner View Post
The A/C compressor kits are SUPER easy to make... however you only get a few psi out of them if you're using a clutched supercharger.
You can OD the crank pulley, mines still clutched and running 6PSI and i can still go 10mm larger diameter crank pulley but im at the limit of the mill S injectors.

Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34

Nitrous oxide. - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc.
stoker100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2017, 05:26 PM   #11
proboner

Yeah my kit had an OD crank pulley as well, but finding one is difficult and making one without proper knowledge and tooling even more so

Elo-

The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Project RWD- RWD PGT For Sale... pm me if interested
proboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2017, 05:42 AM   #12
9gt5

Stoker - When you find that kit please let me know , I haven't been able to check in on here until now I had some out of state family over .. When the time comes ill send you my number to make things easier . Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Greg sorry not stoker lol
9gt5 is offline   Reply With Quote