Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got it done in time for my Birthday

Hello All,

Been a while since I've posted anything. I'm still very much into the Probe scene and still have both my GT and SE.

I noticed Probetalk.com sent me an email to say Happy Birthday. I figured you guys might get a kick out of knowing my birthday gift was getting my old SE back in tip top shape. I succeeded just in time for my birthday. Spent loads of money on it because I'm never selling.

Here she is on my b-day fresh out of the paint booth:

The next few shots are me getting all the gaps perfect with the hood and fenders:

Only parts that needed touching up were the hood and front bumper with the normal rock chips. The rest was still in great shape. No body work needed. I've managed to keep door dings throughout it's life to almost zero.

Side Pictures:

I'm obsessed with a mirror finish. No automatic car washes...EVER

The last steps were to replace the lower control arms and throw on new tie-rod ends and New Wheels. Drove her around for the first time today just in time for my birthday.

Here is the car with the new wheels. I've been getting a lot of people at lights asking me what wheels these are. They are Andros R10's in 18X8 +45 Wrapped with 225/40 ZR18 92W

Yes I know it could be lowered a few inches but it's not in the cards at the moment. Plus I enjoy a daily driver without scraping on everything in sight.

The passenger side window trim piece has since been sorted so the chrome underneath doesn't show through from the black rubber coated parts.

Hope you guys enjoyed my birthday project and Long Live the Ford Probes of the World :-) They are truly sexy automobiles that are getting harder to find in great shape. I'll keep trying to keep it fresh.
    Last edited by Ryan96se; February 5, 2017, 07:38 PM.
    1993 PGT 342K Miles - Sold
    1996 PSE 330K Miles
    http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701317615
    Proud Owner of a Senior Probe Here on PT!!!

Wow ! Really nice paint job. I enjoy.

Comment

Very nice
      97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

Nice work.

Happy Birthday
        '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
        '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

nice car

but i still think it would look nicer if you dropped at least 2inches maybe 3

when you go bigger with rims and use a smaller tire if you don't lower a car the smaller tire gives off too much fender gap which gives a dune buggy look

it's just my .02 cents

but at the end of the day it is your car and if you are happy with it then thats all that matters

Comment

Thanks everyone. Glad to see this site is still kicking. :-)
            1996 PSE 330K Miles

Comment

Looks great - happy birthday!
              1994 pgt
              Reborn
              donated 12/2006

Comment

The latest. Pulled this from Facebook to post for those here who do not do FB. KYB Struts with 2" drop. I just like to look and walk around it. Can't believe it's my car. Little hearts flying out of my head. Like a high school sweetheart

1996 PSE 330K Miles

Comment

Just needs some gt sides and it would be perfect.
                  1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

looks good, nice job keeping it in top shape
                    97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

Working...
                    X