Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official SCPOC Meet: August 23, 2008 - Twist O Rama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official SCPOC Meet: August 23, 2008 - Twist O Rama!

As anticipated, the annual SCPOC Twist-O-Rama is coming soon for its 2008 edition.

This drive is our normal end of summer event that in year's past, has been shared by SCPOC, our brothers to the north in BAPOC, and our friends to the east in AZPOC. It has also typically been a two-day event, but as of right now, it's only being planned as a one-day event; that may change depending upon interest in having the traditional BBQ for day 2.

After the drive, we'll have a nice dinner at Outback Steakhouse in Temecula, which is closer to the end of the cruise than it would be if we were to try and make it back to San Diego or even Orange County. This is the same place we had dinner at the completion of last year's drive. I figured it would be easier to do this again since seating went very well and we were all together.

The drive will start at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista at 10:00am SHARP! This means DO NOT BE LATE or you will have to play catch up.

If anyone is interested in caravanning to Chula Vista and you're not already in the San Diego area, you can meet us at the designated SCPOC Orange County meeting spot [it's available on the club website @ www.scpoc.com. We will leave this location NO LATER than 8:30 am, to give us enough time to get there and gas up.

Itineraries are available via the club website and are in both Microsoft Word format and Adobe Acrobat format.

Please print out this document and have it with you on the day of the cruise. Not only does it have the schedule of events, but I've taken great care to have turn-by-turn directions with map pictures to help everyone out.

Please take the time to read the first page of this document, as it has very useful information regarding conduct and the use of FRS radios. SCPOC strongly encourages the use of FRS radios with privacy subchannels. We use these radios to coordinate our group during club events like this one. They are relatively inexpensive and most come with the privacy channels. Also please take care to exercise courtesy when using these radios during an event, as they are for communicating important messages, not for idle chatter.

SCPOC also has some "rules of the road" that we follow during our cruise events as well:
    • Limit your FRS radio communications to delivering messages pertinent to the cruise.
    • We will have a maximum speed limit and it will be determined by posted speed limits and/or driving conditions.
    • There will be no passing to move from behind a "slow" vehicle.
    • No tailgating of any kind will be tolerated.
    • This event is NOT A RACE. There are no points awarded, nor are there any trophies.
    • Failure to adhere to the above guidelines will result in your being asked to leave the group.

We hope that you will have fun during this event and at the dinner afterward.

See you there.
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

that weekend SHOULD be fine with me....i dont think im going back up to the bay to help the lady with moving till that following (last) weekend of august....i'll make sure tho
    NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Comment

I'll have to pencil this event in. I've got a buddy coming home to California from Old Guard duty at the White House (Army) around that time frame and he's the type to say, "We're going to Vegas!"
      Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
      1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
      "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

Thanks for the 411, Damon! I'm gonna try to get as many ppl from SHOCal to do. Some dude from the local Contour groups wants in too.

WOOT..Twistorama!

You might need a bigger parking lot or meeting place in OC in case a big crowd from LAMC shows up.
        Last edited by fdogg96; June 26, 2008, 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        My TCCA Garage
        1995 Ford Taurus GL V6 3.0 Vulcan
        Clubs: TCCA-West Coast Chapter; SHO-Cal

Comment

tom, it's okay. you still suck anyway.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

i'll have to switch schedule but i should be there.
            1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
            1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
            2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
            2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
            1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

I remembered we refilled gas at Chulva Vista. We also refilled again didnt we?

How much gas money you think we should bring?

I'm trying to save up.
              My TCCA Garage

Comment

bring plastic

Comment

Originally posted by Rayman View Post
                  bring plastic
                  I don't have any anymore.
                  My TCCA Garage

Comment

from what i remember it was a 200 miles to and from chulavist + the actual drive thru the mountains. one tank on a good running probe should be enough, But for me it's like 1 1/2 tanks.

Comment

yup, i'll fill up to get down there and then once before we take off, then i'm good until we get back home.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I wish to be with you guys, but i will not be able to come at this time. (((((

Comment

ok so this Arco Olympic training center were we're starting at, is this that long street were we lined up all our cars for a prerun photo op?
                          Also this year i'll be bringing some tools just incase, anything happens to mine or someone elses car. And DONT forget yo frs radio's or walkie talkies. Btw i calculated 125 from my house to the starting point and 76 miles from there to the end point, not including the actual mountain drive. so close to 300 miles i'm guessing. this is'nt too bad, just i little over a tank and for those on a budget, you can skip the dinner or just eat appetizers like I do sometimes and drink wawa. =p
                          Last edited by mac1; July 12, 2008, 08:36 PM.

Comment

im excited about this one, i already have my FRS ready, just need to insert batteries

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                              ok so this Arco Olympic training center were we're starting at, is this that long street were we lined up all our cars for a prerun photo op?
                              Also this year i'll be bringing some tools just incase, anything happens to mine or someone elses car. And DONT forget yo frs radio's or walkie talkies. Btw i calculated 125 from my house to the starting point and 76 miles from there to the end point, not including the actual mountain drive. so close to 300 miles i'm guessing. this is'nt too bad, just i little over a tank and for those on a budget, you can skip the dinner or just eat appetizers like I do sometimes and drink wawa. =p
                              http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...07982&t=h&z=17

ARCO Olympic Training Center
                              2800 Olympic Pkwy, Chula Vista, CA
                              (619) 656-1500

i maybee able to attent depending if i have that day off.. i just got hired from office depot, so i dont know what the schedule is gonna be...
                              tricycle?! YOURE a tricycle!!
                              http://4g9xrally.wordpress.com/
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/836590/1994-ford-probe

Comment

Working...
                              X