MSPNP On Demand: Help us make a MSPNP for '93-'95 Probe / MX6 V6 models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazRedGT View Post
    Richtq hasnt chimed in yet? I figured he would want 1 or maybe even 2.
    Well since you called me out bro darn you ill get one for sure lol. We need to get this thing going soon come on everyone lets get it done.

Count me in and i just want one for now.

I want to go coil packs with it and do away with the vaf for sure.
    Last edited by richtq; February 6, 2012, 12:55 PM.
    Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

any updates?

Comment

Come one people!!!! $699 is a steal for something you can plug into your harness and go!!! No wire chopping or anything!! Dont like turbo? Dont like megasquirt? Pull all the shit off sell it and then plug your stock ecu back in.
        1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

Originally posted by JazRedGT View Post
          Come one people!!!! $699 is a steal for something you can plug into your harness and go!!! No wire chopping or anything!! Dont like turbo? Dont like megasquirt? Pull all the shit off sell it and then plug your stock ecu back in.
          ^^^^THIS! This takes out all the headache of stand alone. Similar models will sell for 1200+ and the usually dont even come with a basemap.

Has this been put on MX6.com?
          Last edited by Jarod7920; February 7, 2012, 07:50 PM.
          -J-Rod-
          301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
          93 PGT-T
          96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
          08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

What fuel quality/type is it mapped for?
            Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
            Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

Yep, I've posted it on MX6.com as well.

We'll be doing the tuning on 93 octane - note for those in Europe: That's the US measurement; it's closer to what they call 98 octane in Europe. Then we pull a couple degrees out of the timing map.
              Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
              My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

do you guys have a test car yet?
                93 Silver Probe Gt ZE!!!, CarDomain lowered, 17" konig appeals, stainless steel equal length headers, 2.5" header back exhaust, rebuilt suspension, mazda6 brakes, rear drilled & sloted rotors,
                2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited hard top 4X4, steel blue, 07 MazdaSpeed3 GrandTouring Edition

Comment

Originally posted by silversensi View Post
                  do you guys have a test car yet?
                  Jarod7920 has volunteered, but it is a bit of a long drive for him. And it would be nice if we had more than one options for test cars, just in case.

Are you interested in pre-ordering? We've got to sign up three more people to make it happen...
                  Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
                  My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

depending on the what you would do for using my car...you could use it. its a 5 speed with a ze in it. the stock ecu has been socketed with a chip by stroker101. Its a perfect running car, no oil leaks, just a minor trans leak from the VSS sensor. As for buying in I can not afford to buy this.
                    93 Silver Probe Gt ZE!!!, CarDomain lowered, 17" konig appeals, stainless steel equal length headers, 2.5" header back exhaust, rebuilt suspension, mazda6 brakes, rear drilled & sloted rotors,
                    2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited hard top 4X4, steel blue, 07 MazdaSpeed3 GrandTouring Edition

Comment

Ill get one, Don't have a probe yet, but plan to get one within the next 3 months.
                      wtb 93-95 v6 probe/mx6
                      94 Miata
                      92 Mustang GT Gone, 89 rx7 TII gone, 94 mx3 gone, 86 rx7 gone.

Comment

i have a really serious question what if people commit to buy and put up the 300 and then they flake out on the rest when its time for it to be done? Maybe even if people pitch in even if there not buying to get this thing going would be great for future owners. If anyone could make a donation if that is possible 5bucks here and there can long way.
                        Last edited by richtq; February 8, 2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Or you could make the $300 deposit non-refundable. That should scare away the flakes. I just hope this goes through. My ZE build is kinda riding on it... heh-heh
                          1993 MX6 LS

Comment

I had meant to spell out that the deposit is not refundable unless we are not able to deliver an MSPNP on time - that's implied in the page on the MSPNP site, but I hadn't explicitly stated it. I've now updated both the BB wording and the site to make that clear. (Anyone who wants to take their name off the list with this change, let me know...)

We'll be building more MSPNPs than needed to cover the initial order - if we get another 2 people on board, this is becoming a regular production item. You'll be able to order it out of the catalog, and there will be enough in stock to cover other orders. So if someone flakes out and doesn't follow through with an order immediately, the deposit will still be good if they want to take their time and order another month, or even another year, later. And the MSPNP originally built for that buyer would probably already have been sold to someone else at full retail price, so it's not like we're going to be too mad over it.
                            Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

How practical will one of these be for a daily driver?

Comparing reliability, cranking/starting time, smoothness, etc.

I have a MS'd mx6 right now, and im not exactly happy with it. It could be the unit/tune/just me not liking it, but i know it ran much more reliably on the stock ecu and FMU.
                              (sorry if this is not the place to ask questions, if so lead me there...)
                              Turbo'd 94 Mx6 12.87 @ 115 on 5 psi.
                              Built by Me, eBay and zip ties.
                              96 White M-Edition mx6 Being built with above's parts, just less tip ties and sketchyness.

Comment

Originally posted by cf_z View Post
                                How practical will one of these be for a daily driver?

Comparing reliability, cranking/starting time, smoothness, etc.

I have a MS'd mx6 right now, and im not exactly happy with it. It could be the unit/tune/just me not liking it, but i know it ran much more reliably on the stock ecu and FMU.
                                (sorry if this is not the place to ask questions, if so lead me there...)
                                thats all within the tune, to an extent.. a 36-1 trigger wheel would be much smoother than a 6-1 wheel due to a much higher timing resolution
                                95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                                Built, Not Bought.
                                No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X