Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pgtracer624
    anyone with a spec clutch wanna drop some feedback? thanks
    not wanting to hurt shadows sells, but i will be trueful, i have had a spec stage 2 with a fidanza in the tibby for about 2 years, first long trip (rockford to chicago) after about an hour non stop driving, the clutch wouldnt grip at all, i seriousely had to pull over, and let it cool so i could drive. the co. i bought it from basically told me im screwed and to enjoy my shitty clutch. however the trans went last week, i pulled the trans, and the clutch looks brand new. the pressure plate had a bit of warped fins. i got ahold of spec directly, told them my problem, and they were very helpful, im going to be sending my pressure plate in, and getting a brand new upgraded one for 59 bux. not to shabby i think. all i can say david norton at spec is a nice guy that has helped me out alot. now hopefully the slipping issue will stop.
    as clutch's for probes go, ill stick with the DXD
    Last edited by MonoxideChild; August 9, 2004, 05:07 PM.
    PaTricK
    ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

spec clucth

Originally posted by pgtracer624
      anyone with a spec clutch wanna drop some feedback? thanks
      i have a stage one spec clucth in my 94 gt, and i put the fidanza 9lb fly in it, and it was one of the best mods you could do, it revs so quick... the clucth dose a great job it has real nice firm shifts, and it grabs real nice. and it srill has the stock peddal feal

94 pgt 80k 5spd. 9lbfidanza fly, spec stage 1 clutch, full exhaust headers and all. intake, eibach springs w/kybs all around. front and rear tower braces. vented z3 fenders, probe addiction head light conv. show off body kit.. and soon to be TURBO

Comment

i have a spec clutch, aside from the throwout bering issue they had, which cost me an input shaft (they have fixed this now) i love mine

to spec.
        In our memories, he lives. Janusz we will miss you
        99 Arrest Me Red MGT

Comment

Originally posted by The Canuck
          Not to be a dick, and I know you are discounting the first 5, but why go through you, when I can go through Spec themselves for the same price?

because its a pro-probe company, why not help out a company that helps us out? if it came down to buying form spec or from these guys and the price was the same, the choice would be obvious.
          Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
          Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
          Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
          The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

And as I stated in a previous post I would go with the pro-probe company as well. I just had to be "that guy" and state what others might be thinking. I am pretty sure 98% of the board would support pro-probe companies. I know I would, I just wanted to verify the data, thats all.
            04 - Ion 3 - It gets me from point A-B.
            93 - PGT Black - SOLD

"Ya know, my blown struts and rattling shift knob, and peeling clearcoat and rusting fenders, and rusting underbody, and fading paint, and door dings and broken ball joint all add character to my car. " -- VTEC_EATER

Comment

Originally posted by The Canuck
              And as I stated in a previous post I would go with the pro-probe company as well. I just had to be "that guy" and state what others might be thinking. I am pretty sure 98% of the board would support pro-probe companies. I know I would, I just wanted to verify the data, thats all.

best to be informed.........
              In our memories, he lives. Janusz we will miss you
              99 Arrest Me Red MGT

Comment

SPEC Introductory Bulk Buy!

--Adam
                2004 Ford Mustang GT - 4.6L V8 AT - Tuned - 3.73s - CAI

Comment

Spec flywheels are made by Fidanza. I am 100% sure of this (My old Fidanza Rep told me himself). So becareful not to pay too much for the same product. This is not an attempt to hurt anyone's sales or start trouble, I am just letting PT members have all of the info they need to not get burned.

Eddie

Comment

If this is true, eddie, then how come none of fidanza's flywheels pass the government (sae) tests and are certified by them? All of spec's flywheels are. This does not make sense that if they were from the same company one would have the sae approval and one wouldn't. Whether they actually are or aren't made by the same company/place i would buy the spec anyway. I like to know for sure that my flywheel has been tested to be safe, and by the sae, not just the company itself.

~Andy~

Comment

All of the Fidanza flywheels have an SFI # etched right into them.

Eddie

Comment

Working...
                      X