Bad Bad Bad News!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Bad Bad News!!!!!!!

my dad took my car to midas today to see what was wrong with it and they test drove i and said i need a new transmission....1200-1500 dollars...i dont even have 400$ right now...how the *&%*% am i gonna get G's? anyways...why do i have to replace my wholeeeeeeeee damn tranny and even i i did is there a place i can get it alot cheaper? gys give me your insight please...:x :sad: :sad:

I wouldn't let Midas do transmission work, even if it was a simple hang and bang. Take it to a place that knows how to fix transmissions to see if it really needs to be done.

Comment

How exactly is your car driving?

to midas mechanics

Comment

my car...

it's driveable...the only thing bad that i can tell is when im driving and i let off the clutch and add a little gas it feels like something is gonna drop out of my engine bay...it does'nt do it though when i release the clutch really really slow and add gas.

Comment

Sounds more like an engine mount to me...I dunno Get it checked out by a real garage.
          88 Mazda B2000, ready for F2T
          90 PGT 13.1@115MPH
          91 PGT 13.7@108MPH both with crappy tires...

"I should get an award for not trying to advertise and getting my sig changed more times than anyone on the forums"

Comment

dude i told u on aim the other night that it sounded like a mount, dont let midas rip u off
            2010 Toyota Prius III
            2014 Honda Odyssey

Former Cars:
            2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 - totaled, flood
            1996 Probe GT - traded in
            1991 Probe LX - totaled, rear ended

Comment

I agree, it sounds like an engine or tranny mount.

Comment

LCPL Burns, Signals Intelligence, USMC, Former
                I am the one and only sneaky ninja
                91 Probe GL atx,parts;
                2004 Suzuki Forenza S
                My Car Domain Pages My Homepage

Comment

from my experience, muffler and tire shops are NOT the place to go with problems like these. pay a little more and get into a better technical repair shop.

Comment

Yeah normally they are out for the bucks, They really dont check out your car, they like just to replace big stuff for cash,....
                    88 Mazda B2000, ready for F2T
                    90 PGT 13.1@115MPH
                    91 PGT 13.7@108MPH both with crappy tires...

"I should get an award for not trying to advertise and getting my sig changed more times than anyone on the forums"

Comment

well...

anyways...my tranny is ****ed now...i was driving down the street and all of a sudden i cant drive in 1st 2nd or reverse...it makes this nasty as grinding noise....i guess it was my tranny like i and MIDAS though :-( :x

Comment

Used Tranny

ey in here in San Diego you can get one for as low as 90 Bucks...
                        There's this junkyard called Ecology and sometimes they put all parts to 50% off
                        I've heard that you can Have a 2.2 engine for as low as 90 Dlls.
                        search in your town.
                        Gold 97 Probe With Black Interiors Haven't tested for full speed . Excellent Paint Condition.

Comment

Working...
                        X