Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING - Counterfeit TEIN S.Tech Spring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING - Counterfeit TEIN S.Tech Spring.

Hi Everybody,

Well, I thought I should draw attention to this announcement from our newest manufacturer, TEIN.

It is the reason that they have been 'closed for inventory' all day in order to resolve this situation. Thus, no product is moving until Monday, at which time the Order that was made, in the 1st 'Sale' of suspension parts, with them will continue.

Please, visit: http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/warning.html

There is no specific listing, by Tein, that our application was involved. But, consider that some people, on this very forum, have stated that they received S.Tech Springs well before the Official Listing of their availability, it does make you wonder.

This kind of event does merit a closer look at what you get when you find a "great deal on ebay"

Caveat Emptor - Latin for "Let the Buyer beware."

Michael
    Last edited by "The Brain"; March 31, 2006, 06:42 PM.
    My car is no longer STOCK, and people are STILL laughing at me!

'94 Mazda PGT Black ('95 Zero-Mile KLDE Engine from Japan with some of my '93 Steel Blue Frost in there too. )

why is this in vendor announcements? are you a vendor?
    Sold my turbo probe gt '93
    Now I have an 08 350z

Comment

Originally posted by JBean8510
      why is this in vendor announcements? are you a vendor?

He is the Mod for this section
      GySgt (Select) Stacey O. Johnson, USMC
      My Toys- 2011 Silverado Z71 (Black Neck Ride ), 1995 PGT (Back Again )
      "Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan

Comment

It's not like the actual Vendor (Tien) is going to message us themselves. You may as well think of him as our "contact" for Tien.

Comment

Hmmmm....I think I'm gonna do a Suspension Forum sticky with this for a while.

Already in the corner store (a little unrelated) a fellow has "used Tein HAs" available for the Probe. Obviously a scammer, since he's got one post and has lots of high dollar items. Buyer beware indeed.
          90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
          93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
          97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
          90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Originally posted by mesoungodlyfast
            It's not like the actual Vendor (Tien) is going to message us themselves. You may as well think of him as our "contact" for Tien.
            Just so you know, it's Tein, not Tien. Probably a typo, but I thought I'd tell you anyway. And in case anyone's wondering, it's pronounced TAYNE. Like Wayne... but with a T. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Yeah, it's not worth the risk for the $50 or whatever you're gonna save. Just go for the bulk buy.
            Last edited by baaka; April 3, 2006, 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes, it was a typo. My mistake.

Comment

Yea, I saw this over in Mazda6 Forums, alot of those guys buy Tein springs and there are a few with the counterfiet. Needless to say they are not happy, So if your an ebay product purchaser for your car....make sure you are getting a legit product. Check the warning link to protect yourself.
                2013 Race Red Mustang
                1992 Rio Red PROBE GL (R.I.P '02 )
                1995 WildOrchid PROBE GT (sold )
                2005 Glacier Silver Metallic Mazda6Sport (sold )

Comment

Wow, I have been wondering why the s-tech Miata springs are so eBay cheap, I am glad I havent ordered a set yet. I wonder if they were compromised.
                  Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                  PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                  1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                  1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

this entire ordeal is why i kept saying not to rely on ebay for anything regarding TEIN.
                    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I forgot we have a Tein guy here. . .

<--- Too addicted to eBay to notice
                      Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                      PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                      1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                      1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
                        this entire ordeal is why i kept saying not to rely on ebay for anything regarding TEIN.
                        Definitely, and I honestly wouldnt "rely" on Ebay for anything. Its Bidder Beware. I will only buy and bid on ebay if its such a good deal i wont be pissed if its a piece of crap.

Jason
                        Thank God Im done w/Honda's got a low mileage '85 mustang GT just like my high school car and my DD is a 87 subaru GL10 turbo w/119k..

Comment

Originally posted by JSR95621
                          Definitely, and I honestly wouldnt "rely" on Ebay for anything. Its Bidder Beware. I will only buy and bid on ebay if its such a good deal i wont be pissed if its a piece of crap.

Jason
                          I'm pretty much the same way I mainly only buy from those with "stores"and try em with small(low priced) stuff first. then maybe go for higher priced stuff later. If I find them to be trust worthy
                          93' PGT pacesetter catback, XTC cat.,autozone cone filter in place of stock airbox(for the moment). Rio Red,on black, stock 16's, replaced tires witj new yokahamas, damn had to trade it in for jeep the offroad at jobsite is killin me.

Comment

Working...
                          X