my possible build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my possible build

so im considering doing a full N/A build instead of boosting. tell me what you think and discuss it suggest things w/e just give me feedback. how much power would you expect it to put down ?
    FS-ZE pistons
    Crower Regrinded camshafts 12 to 15 more lift
    SR Adjustable Cams
    Eibach valve springs
    Outlaw Engineering Thermablock Spacers
    Mazda Protege intake manifold (apparently its an upgrade???)
    Ignition Contol Unit: MSD 6AL
    Walbro fuel pump
    AEM fuel pressure ratio
    ZEX kit with a 50 shot (proably not though im trying to be fully N/A)
    Unorthodox under drive pulley
    TOGA oil pump
    HKS Circle Earth grounding kit
    Fidanza flywheel
    Clutch masters stage 2 clutch
    Head bored .25 over
    im sure im forgetting a few things if i am feel free to reccomend things. id really love to go turbo but im not a fan of how much $$ it is to tune megasquirt... plus turbo lag sucks lol
    Last edited by s3xrapt0r; August 24, 2009, 12:39 AM.
    1993 Ford Probe GT: its a mod whore... so im not listing lol
    1994 Ford Probe SE full bolt ons and boost (sold to PTmember)

Its not lag its foreplay lol

Comment

im not one for foreplay i like to just go straight into it lol

Comment

Good point i just hate stock turbos, all that foreplay and when I get in the action is just premature lol

Comment

you only really get turbo lag if you pic a turbo thats too big for your motor. 1st gen's dont suffer from any lag afterall on the stock turbo.
          PaTricK
          ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

id love to go turbo but i cant since its my daily driver :\ i dont feel comfortable pushing limits on something i need everyday to get to work lol

Comment

Originally posted by mattp13
              good luck
              sarcastic or seriously haha

Comment

seriously this pretty much wat i wanna do to my probe
                06 GP All Stock
                Audio
                Pioneer Premier HU
                Stock Speakers
                2 10 inch JL W1s in ported box with kendwood amp

Comment

Originally posted by s3xrapt0r View Post
                  Head bored .25 over
                  yeah good luck with that
                  '91 Toyota pickup-slower- camo wrapped, black wheels, 31 BFG's, new motor- piston slap. 2rz swap soon
                  '96 PROBE SE-slow- exhaust, intake, coil overs, rims
                  '86 CR250R-scary fast-exhaust, reeds, filter, jetted

Comment

It would be unique....however

you will be using high compression cast pistons with our stock rods (which have a shitty r/s ratio), and will probably be buzzing this to 7000+rpm with nitrous on top of that...yet you say that you don’t want to go turbo because you don’t want to push the motor to its limits ?
                    Unnaturally Aspirated and Squirted Ford Probe
                    Evo16g,Hybrid Custom Manifold,P&P,3angle VJ, and Milled Head, Oliver Billet rods,Wiesco 9:1 forged pistons,Apexi AVCR, 440cc injectors,Walbro 255hp,TypeRS Bov,Atx->Mtx,2.5 DP & MES Catback,RR-Sts,CM 2-R clutch, AWR Rad & Pan,Megasquirt2pcb3, maf delete/coilpack conversion

Comment

well when its run with out the spray it will be a decently safe build to run daily. the spray would only be used at the track or if i REALLY need to use it on the street lol. spray is safer then turbo if used in moderation ! my ideas have changed though im thinking about going turbo becuase i now knoe a guy who can tune megasquirt lol

Comment

Turbo cars can be daily driven.
                        Mine has been for the last 3-4 months and close to 4k now.

If you keep your foot off of the pedal it feels like a normal car.
                        You can't open it up on the street because you WILL be getting a ticket.

Lag is really only in the first gear you start boosting in. Say your in 2nd gear and you floor it. On my car hit 4k and full spool... its all action from there slam it into 3rd and your already into boost.

$ per $ well you know where this is going.
                        94 PGT -T, Used to be quick

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life

Comment

lol im considering boost not sure though lol the 2.0s do love some boost

Comment

the NA setup looks awesome, but i still say you should turbo if you have the means!! but of course, thats just my .02

Comment

I just don't get you people why you just don't turbo your car other cars come turbo already and they don't get the tickets, Whats the big problem with turbocharging the probe its no difference from another turbocharge car?

Comment

Working...
                              X