Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > Probe Lounge

Probe Lounge Discussion about most everything Non Probe related goes here.

Closed Thread

Old February 14th, 2017, 05:15 PM   #76
panic37
Donating User

^^^^ Pfffft...And they said this thread wouldn't be productive.
Old February 14th, 2017, 06:32 PM   #77
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by panic37 View Post
^^^^ Pfffft...And they said this thread wouldn't be productive.
And so you think any of this justifies the origination of this thread?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old February 14th, 2017, 07:22 PM   #78
panic37
Donating User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
And so you think any of this justifies the origination of this thread?
Sarcasm, sir. Sarcasm.

Jesus.
Old February 14th, 2017, 07:45 PM   #79
BLUEnoEQ

PT flipflops... design them to last a couple years, dyno test them, make em cheap aaannd I think we'll all agree something productive may have come out of this thread. Until someone stubs a toe and... ends up in limp mode.

Old February 14th, 2017, 11:14 PM   #80
SBPGT
Five Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEnoEQ View Post
PT flipflops... design them to last a couple years, dyno test them, make em cheap aaannd I think we'll all agree something productive may have come out of this thread. Until someone stubs a toe and... ends up in limp mode.
It's never cheap enough for the buyers, which makes it not worth the time, effort and materials to make anything for the Probe community.

KLZE Porsche, myself and others work in or with machine shops. I think we have had thoughts of making parts for the Probe community, but it's not worth it. People would complain about the prices if they were comparable to similar products, and would rather buy cheap knock-off products on eBay instead.

That's the same reason there is no aftermarket support for Probes. Because other companies made cheap knock-offs. People bought those instead of the original good quality parts, and the original companies stopped making them. Now the only options are the cheap knock-off parts.

2002 Mazda 626 ES

Last edited by SBPGT; February 14th, 2017 at 11:18 PM.
Old February 15th, 2017, 03:58 AM   #81
KLZE Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBPGT View Post
KLZE Porsche, myself and others work in or with machine shops. I think we have had thoughts of making parts for the Probe community, but it's not worth it. People would complain about the prices if they were comparable to similar products, and would rather buy cheap knock-off products on eBay instead.

That's the same reason there is no aftermarket support for Probes. Because other companies made cheap knock-offs. People bought those instead of the original good quality parts, and the original companies stopped making them. Now the only options are the cheap knock-off parts.

Exactly! I have a lot of part designs that I have spent a lot of time measuring, modeling, etc. -so that they are a perfect fit, high quality materials and quality looks. But they can never be made to market -due to the overwhelming possibility of loosing money because of cheap arse Probe owners. The Probe might as well be the "Civic" of the Ford line based on the mentality.

As you said -this is why there is literally no aftermarket for them. Some who have made good parts have ceased doing so -due to countless problems with customers (kids). Others have quit -because of loosing money trying.

I recently had a guy contact me who had bought a 93 computer from me a year or more ago and said that he loved the ECU before he crashed his car and wanted to know if it would work in his new 94 car. I told him no and his reply was "Well do you think you can work out some sort of deal for me -because I would really like to avoid having to return it"

What the hell? I absolutely have no respect for people that I see in Wally World (or other places) trying to return items that obviously have been excessively used (such as shoes with soles falling off). Even if the soles are falling off in a few months -I still do not return them -because I know that part of the problem is my excessive use. I am not happy about them failing -but I still just fork out the money for a new pair -because of my part in the pre-mature failure.

So how the hell am I supposed to respect a kid that wants to return an item after using it for a year or more -just because he no longer wants or needs it? B.S. I choose to not loose money -and avoid kids that cause problems.

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; February 15th, 2017 at 04:15 AM.
Old February 15th, 2017, 05:09 AM   #82
LowClassCC
Fazda Tuning

I live on a very steep property. The only places that are semi level are the house and garage. Anywhere outside those 2 places you are walking on an angle. Shoes have always lasted me 2-3 years before moving here. Since moving here shoes are a monthly thing. Sides rip out very quickly. It does not matter if i spend $5 for Walmart cheapo's or I spend $150 on some big name brand. Where you live makes a huge difference on how fast your shoes fail. I fully understand the point of using inexpensive shoes verses expensive shoes at this point. Sadly one of my biggest pet peeves has always been shoe shopping. At this point I just stroll through and grab the same exact style and size I bought the month before. Hell I have even started to stock up on new shoes so I never have to make a special trip and waste fuel to get a new pair.

Old February 15th, 2017, 05:35 AM   #83
KaedenKy
Electrical Engineer

I work in an industrial environment. I always get WO8167 Wolverines. They last me about 9 months to 14 months, before the soles are too smooth to be slip resistance. I spend about 60 bucks a pair when they are one sale at shoe carnival.

¬°Renewed Vigor!
Old February 15th, 2017, 06:54 AM   #84
KLZE Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowClassCC View Post
I live on a very steep property. The only places that are semi level are the house and garage. Anywhere outside those 2 places you are walking on an angle. Shoes have always lasted me 2-3 years before moving here. Since moving here shoes are a monthly thing. Sides rip out very quickly. It does not matter if i spend $5 for Walmart cheapo's or I spend $150 on some big name brand. Where you live makes a huge difference on how fast your shoes fail. I fully understand the point of using inexpensive shoes verses expensive shoes at this point. Sadly one of my biggest pet peeves has always been shoe shopping. At this point I just stroll through and grab the same exact style and size I bought the month before. Hell I have even started to stock up on new shoes so I never have to make a special trip and waste fuel to get a new pair.
I am glad that I am not the only one!

Old February 15th, 2017, 07:10 AM   #85
panic37
Donating User

KLZEPorsche- Are you really going to write a novel length response justifying why you spend your hard earned money on cheap shitty shoes, and then a few hours later praise someone who says the reason there's no aftermarket for the Probe is because Probe owners won't pay for quality? Like seriously?! You don't see the irony and hypocrisy there?

And again, there's a whole world of QUALITY parts out there. Individuals making quality parts and buyers paying what the product is worth.
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:00 AM   #86
mac1
Probe has-been

Quote:
Originally Posted by proboner View Post
So I only read the first post of this thread, but I've had the exact opposite experience. I've been trying to sell parts here locally for basically years now and I practically cant give the stuff away! If anyone's interested, I have a RWD PGT for sale!
Oh gawd. Do you just buy everything from dans sac?

2014 Factory Five 818s EJ255t
Not worthy enough to own a Probe anymore
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:43 AM   #87
panic37
Donating User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1 View Post
I see what you did there
Old February 15th, 2017, 09:04 AM   #88
proboner
PT Know it All

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1 View Post
I bought the car 7 years ago and was immediately diagnosed with chronic kidney disease, left my job to go on dialysis, finished up college, and worked my way up into a career where I can afford to finish a project like this. Unfortunately I also lost interest during that time. Sue me.

Elo-

Brunhilde-

The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...
Old February 15th, 2017, 09:11 AM   #89
KLZE Porsche

Quote:
KLZEPorsche- Are you really going to write a novel length response justifying why you spend your hard earned money on cheap shitty shoes, and then a few hours later praise someone who says the reason there's no aftermarket for the Probe is because Probe owners won't pay for quality? Like seriously?! You don't see the irony and hypocrisy there?

And again, there's a whole world of QUALITY parts out there. Individuals making quality parts and buyers paying what the product is worth.
I think that most will agree that many Probe owners are cheap arses. However, I doubt too many will agree with your starting of this thread!

Are you really going to write a novel length thread origination post -bitching about people's asking prices for rare Probe parts and then talk about paying top dollar for shoes? Hmmm.... back at you! I was bitching about shoes and other shite -to reinforce my point that there are better things to bitch at (or not <--there's the irony) -than bitching at people about their asking prices.

And even if you hadn't started this thread -that should not have been started -you still don't intend to take anyone's advise about just letting it go if you don't like the price and shopping elsewhere. That is the entire point of nearly every comment in this thread that actually applies to this pointless thread!

P.S. I didn't say that Probe people won't pay for quality. I said there are too many "cheap arses" (people who complain when people aren't selling items for "give-away" prices). These are two totally different kinds of buying (or non-buying) people. One wants quality and always pays top dollar for it. The other always wants to try to low-ball a seller on an item or bitches about their price. Unfortunately -type B out-numbers type A -so there is almost no aftermarket!

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; February 15th, 2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old February 15th, 2017, 10:16 AM   #90
panic37
Donating User

Your memory must be going old man. I can't even keep up with all your contradictions.. I believe in my original post I SPECIFICALLY said that you should get top dollar for the rare and most sought after parts in the Probe community. Did I not? I believe I even said that I don't think we should be giving things away for free just because we're all members of this forum, but that we should be reasonable. Moron. I took issue with the over pricing of interior parts. Guys want $100 for a god damn ash try lid and then want to turn around and ask for help about a starting issue. DON'T **** OVER THOSE YOU ASK FOR HELP. It's a straightforward concept. Call it whining, call it bitching, call it an unnecessary thread, I don't really care. I got my point out there.. But the mouth breathers have come out in droves for this thread. God for-****ing-bid someone has an opinion about something. Again, there's a thread about a ****ing billboard, but I'm getting shit because this isn't a useful thread? Get the **** outta here.

If you want this thread to close or feel it's illegitimate, then stop being the biggest contributor to it. And you couldn't be more wrong about "almost no aftermarket for it". You just don't know where to look.
Old February 15th, 2017, 11:04 AM   #91
KLZE Porsche

Quote:
Your memory must be going old man. I can't even keep up with all your contradictions...
I guess you can't keep up with all of the contradictions because of all the irony. Most of everything I am posting in this thread is absolute pointless B.S. -much like the very first pointless post that started this pointless thread that I am now posting pointless posts in. That is why I said something about "something better to bitch about". That was my irony from the very start. And if you are going to start a pointless thread to bitch about people's prices -I am going to post pointless banter -just to up the post count to this thread to help PT stay alive! I have succeed at both!
Quote:
...And you couldn't be more wrong about "almost no aftermarket for it". You just don't know where to look.
I did say "ALMOST no aftermarket" and that is a FACT! So many vendors have stopped selling due to low sales, arrogant customers, getting scammed and low (or no) profits! There has to be some incentive for a vendor to vend. I honestly do not know how King 6 has stayed with it for so long -with his low prices. I know what goes into making a part and I know that his profit must be very minimal when looking at his quality and the hours and $$$ that must go into the stuff. And now he may not even be a vendor himself due to the shop fire. So vendors are dropping off the list -like hornets in a cloud of hornet spray!

Old February 15th, 2017, 11:18 AM   #92
panic37
Donating User

I could prove you wrong a thousand times and you'll continue to make up new arguments. I'll quit arguing with you. I'm sure it's interrupting the reruns of Matlock. Ciao.
Old February 15th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #93
P1P
Turbo Member

Quote:
Again, there's a thread about a ****ing billboard, but I'm getting shit because this isn't a useful thread? Get the **** outta here.
I don't discriminate so I guess you didn't read what I wrote in the billboard thread if not here you go:

REASONS WHY YOU WILL NEVER SEE A PROBE AGAIN UNLESS YOU TAKING ONE UP THE xxx

you guys kill me with these hope and dream return of the probe threads

First:
you already have a probe on the market, it's called a Fuc-us cough cough I meant Focus

MSRP: From $16,775
MPG: Up to 30 city / 40 highway
Horsepower: 123 to 350 hp
Curb weight: 2,935 to 3,055 lbs

Second: they make a V6 moose-tang I mean Mustang

Model: 2017 Ford Mustang
Horsepower: 300 hp
MPG: Up to 19 city / 28 highway
MSRP: From $25,185
Engine: 3.7 L V6
Curb weight: 3,469 to 3,526 lbs

Third: Front Wheel Drive market is basically dead when it comes to racing unless you have a honda, acura or toyota

fourth: There are no legs in between the Focus and the mustang for a Probe to stand on. Ford would have to do away with one of the two or both for a Probe to even exist and that will never happen.

Fifth: And if ford was going to make another probe they wouldn't advertise it on a billboard in that manner

Billboard is probably some mechanic shop saying bring your broke sh.t to him and he will get it running lol

that thread was just as silly as yours

I called for a closing of your thread because I knew it would turn into a argument which it did

I knew nothing about what you wrote would get solved in any way. Did it get solved? NO

All your thread did is cause a big granny panty keyboard fight

We understand you had a issue and a problem with a person about a overcharged price. I have no problem with you voicing your issues but its the way the thread started to turn and I knew it would only get worst the longer the thread existed.

at the end of the day no one never said you didn't have the right to voice your opinion it's a free country and this is a open forum, i was just trying to shut it down before you guys got to this point cause you are going back and forth like little boys out back behind the shed with a ruler trying to see who has the smallest pee pee lol

both of you should internet keyboard shake hands be friends and let this thread die

cause my bag of BBQ chips with more air in the bag than chips is more important than this thread and a better topic
Old February 15th, 2017, 12:03 PM   #94
panic37
Donating User

Nah, both of you can go eat a bag of dog dicks.
Old February 15th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #95
LowClassCC
Fazda Tuning

I like silicone keyboards. The one I have been using for the past went out on me last week. I looked around and found one that i would be happy with and ordered it. I saw some sellers were selling the same one I ended up buying for more money than the one I decided to buy. The people who were charging more in no way screed me over. I had a choice to get it from them or someone who charged less. I decided to go the cheaper route to save a buck. Now if the more expensive one would have in some way be higher quality I may have forked out the extra money.

Ohh and here is a pic of my cats for no reason other than to show how messy of an eater a Sphynx can be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01931.JPG (74.5 KB, 27 views)

Old February 15th, 2017, 12:13 PM   #96
LowClassCC
Fazda Tuning

Quote:
Why all the name calling and hatefulness? Can't we just have a discussion/disagreement without the childish nonsense?

Old February 15th, 2017, 12:18 PM   #97
panic37
Donating User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowClassCC View Post
Why all the name calling and hatefulness? Can't we just have a discussion/disagreement without the childish nonsense?
Your cats eat on the table. That's gross and your opinion is thus invalid.
Old February 15th, 2017, 12:21 PM   #98
P1P
Turbo Member

Quote:
typical baby

need to send you a box of diapers
Old February 15th, 2017, 12:28 PM   #99
LowClassCC
Fazda Tuning

Quote:
Your cats eat on the table. That's gross and your opinion is thus invalid.
Well of course he does. You don't make overpriced animals eat on the dirty floor. I eat on my tool box most days. Sadly you are confused about my opinion though. I simply asked two logical questions. So please let some more of your tolerant behavior show. I am rather enjoying the humor you are bringing to the table.

Old February 15th, 2017, 12:30 PM   #100
panic37
Donating User

This really has turned into something quite enjoyable.
Closed Thread