Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Probe Owners Clubs > Tennessee Probe Owners Club

Tennessee Probe Owners Club Home of Old No. 7 - and TNPOC!

Old July 2nd, 2016, 03:44 PM   #526
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Location: pwning the crap out of supersquid in Unreal Tournament
Leaving tomorrow, anyone up here near the Nooga or in West TN can let me crash for my trip to Springfield MO?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93' PGT 157k stocker current boost project, JVC headunit, Alpine audio, trans saver, STBs
2016 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution 505hp 1800ft.lb., the money maker
j-dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 06:53 AM   #527
WhiteDart
POC Mod

May as well do some more updates. Built motor is still sitting on the engine stand. Have some other things going on that are sucking money so its looking like spring time will be the earliest that I can start the swap. I have decided on going the Haltech route for standalone engine management. I have a local speed shop that is going to hook me up and the tuner is Haltech factory trained.
Got one of my most important supporting mods figured out to support my 350whp goal. TOP FEED 440 LS injectors in Honda J35 rails. Only required very minor modification to the manifold and tapping the rails to accept stock banjo bolts and a few cheap and easy to obtain parts. Using a more popular platforms injectors means the sizes are almost limitless, though these stock 440s would be plenty for 98% of turbo KLs.
https://scontent.fbna1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...90039200_o.jpg
https://scontent.fbna1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...30958155_o.jpg
https://scontent.fbna1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...34&oe=58AE58CB
https://scontent.fbna1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...1b&oe=58B7DA10

Also finally bit the bullet and got the BOV ive been lusting over. Its oh so glorious.
https://scontent.fbna1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...51923959_o.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gone but not forgotten:
(
) Its not purple dammit! Its
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
WhiteDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 04:57 PM   #528
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

what up hoes

93' PGT 157k stocker current boost project, JVC headunit, Alpine audio, trans saver, STBs
Old July 12th, 2017, 07:38 PM   #529
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
what up hoes
Still here. lol

Heres a few small updates. Fairly insignificant but they are steps towards finally getting the built motor in.
Redid a few things on the injector setup. Currently dual feed and pretty permanent setup.
Had an important breakthrough. Ive been fighting a bit of an issue that would prevent me from running anything over 8psi. On the twins its simply too much airflow for the MAF to read so it would freak out and hit fuel cut. The AEM has a MAF clamp feature to limit the max voltage output of the MAF sensor, thus hiding the extra airflow. However the problem was that whenever you unhook the MAF from the stock ECU, the voltage shoots up to over 7v and does not change. It seems the ECU puts the MAF signal under a load to bring the voltage down. After farting around a bit, i came up with adding a 1k ohm resistor from the signal line to ground to simulate a load. Bingo. I can now clamp the MAF signal with the AEM. With a few tweaks to the MAF adjustment table to get the idle and cruising AFRs back in line (the 1k ohm resistor isnt perfect but its close enough) I cranked up the duty cycle on the Profec. Rolled on in third and saw 8psi! Turn it up a little more. 8.5psi! Give it a few extra clicks and rolled on it again in third up a long hill. Full spool at around 70mph and she ripped the tires loose and tried to throw me in the ditch! Holy crap! I didnt have enough time to pay attention to the boost gauge so when I got back into the neighborhood I hit the peak recall on the gauge. 10.5psi. I think its safe to say the fix worked!!!
So now its time to prepare to drop the built motor in this fall. I want to put some miles on it with the current setup to make sure everything is mechanically sound. Then next spring will come the Halltech and hopefully the toyota trans adapter so I can go for the 450whp goal.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
Old July 12th, 2017, 11:23 PM   #530
stoker100
Donating Member

Sounds like its coming along! Out of interest what injectors (cc) and what fuel pressure are you running?

Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34

Nitrous oxide. - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc.
stoker100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2017, 05:37 AM   #531
WhiteDart
POC Mod

They are 42lb (440cc) 6.0L LS truck injectors running at factory fuel pressure since I have found that running above stock pressure kills Walbro pumps.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old July 19th, 2017, 10:43 AM   #532
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

So Pigeon Forge.