Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Photography, Video, Photoshop > The Photo and Video Gallery

The Photo and Video Gallery Have a TASTEFUL funny pic or non-probe video, or just want to show off your good looks? Put it here!

Old May 17th, 2016, 11:20 AM   #26
BLUEnoEQ

So there's a kl, kj and fe? RX car being built all at the same time? Who says this place is dead and which one will be the fastest?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BLUEnoEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 04:07 PM   #27
Dan [Sac]
Admiral General

I think it's an ok project.

Good luck mate - looks fierce.

- KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. ||
||- SOLD
93 PGT
- 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi ||
||
||
- GONE
97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! -
- GONE
90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP
Dan [Sac] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2016, 05:08 PM   #28
JLC Racing

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!! this was my initial thought when I was choosing an engine for my swap. I like you was much in the same boat with the rotary and the FD I opted for the FE3 as the adapter plate and flywheel spacer seemed a little too much to do for me without a mill.

KUDOS to you for pulling this off. I just have a couple of questions for you about the subframe clearances. how did it clear the power steering rack? and how about your engine mounts?

SUBSCRIBED!!

JLC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2016, 10:39 AM   #29
Zepticon
Donating User

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsvetkov View Post
RX-8s are much cheaper than 3rd gen RX-7s, that's why I chose mine based on price, can't beat $2100 for 2004 clean title RX.
Also, the RX8 handle much better than the RX7. Its ideal for a track car with its extremly low price and awesome handling.
Old August 20th, 2016, 10:58 AM   #30
G. Jay

Any updates? I love this engine and wish it were easier to put into my Miata.
Old September 3rd, 2016, 05:19 PM   #31
G. Jay

Bueller? Bueller?
Old September 7th, 2016, 04:01 AM   #32
marcdh

Thanks for all the feedback! I will update soon and address the questions. In short the car is running again, I love that KL sound, unfortunately I've ran out of money to put it on the road. Back at uni again and fees have devoured my bank balance. I've a good few photos etc to update though
Old October 7th, 2017, 11:21 AM   #33
marcdh

It's road legal at last! Emissions passed.

Recently upgraded to aluminium rad with a thicker core. Fighting some overheating. Might have to put the rad in front of the intercooler to prioritise it. May also reinstate one of the original oil coolers to help control temps. Getting up to 110deg and having to pull over, not ideal. Thermostat is brand new OEM. Not sure why I'm struggling to maintain sensible temps when the mx3 KLDET ran with a rad half the thickness. Airflow is quite minimal I suppose.

Excuse the photos with a loose intercooler as I just popped the rad in to test it without boost. You can see how short the KL is, which was handy for not having to move the steering rack, you could almost fit another one I'm liking the grandis COPs, much cleaner, only running in wasted spark but got tired of HT leads (credit to Sanjay Koolkid Green who worked out they fit a KL) Though I ended up notching my valve cover to get them how I wanted them.

Plans now include:
swap rad and intercooler round
buy another rad fan
wrap the downpipe
reinstate oil cooler
battery relocation
maybe 99 spec front bumper

Last edited by marcdh; October 7th, 2017 at 11:41 AM.
marcdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2017, 01:57 PM   #34
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Location: pwning the crap out of supersquid in Unreal Tournament
Bad ass!!!

93' PGT 157k stocker current boost project, JVC headunit, Alpine audio, trans saver, STBs
2016 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution 505hp 1800ft.lb., the money maker
j-dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2017, 04:05 PM   #35
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdh View Post
...I'm liking the grandis COPs, much cleaner, only running in wasted spark but got tired of HT leads (credit to Sanjay Koolkid Green who worked out they fit a KL)...
AWESOME work! More info on the coils please?

-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 10:13 AM   #36
proboner

This is so sick... god I wish RX7's weren't like $15k for a piece of shit, right now.

Elo-

The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Project RWD- RWD PGT For Sale... pm me if interested
proboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 01:23 PM   #37
c-man
Mega Moderator

Looks great!
Old October 8th, 2017, 01:39 PM   #38
LaserRed

Awesome project. I love the white with those gray wheels. What's the weight difference from the rotary?
Old October 16th, 2017, 01:10 PM   #39
tomt64
BJ big mouth!

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback! I will update soon and address the questions. In short the car is running again, I love that KL sound, unfortunately I've ran out of money to put it on the road. Back at uni again and fees have devoured my bank balance. I've a good few photos etc to update though
PM Sent. Please let me know.

Thanks.
The thing is, it’s a gearbox, okay? It has one job to do! One job! Pull the lever… ‘Am I a pencil? Am I a cauliflower? Am I a nuclear power sta– I’m a gearbox! Oh, heavens, I’m gonna swap some cogs around!’

Jeremy Clarkson on Automatics
tomt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 02:06 PM   #40
marcdh

Diamond Fk0278 coil on plug.
It's a 3 pin COP used in Mitsubishi cars such as Grandis, Outlander and possibly Eclipse, Galant. It's a smart coil so I'm running with ms2 with and TC4427s as per the megasquirt guide. No idea on figures, but working well so far...

Weight wise I did start to calculate it. It was coming in pretty close.

And thanks for all the feedback Have since swapped to an alu rad. Still running hot, so will be employing the rx7 oil cooler(s). Must also include the heater matrix into the plumbing system as an extra way to lose some heat.

Last edited by marcdh; October 16th, 2017 at 02:11 PM.
marcdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 05:42 AM   #41
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Quote:
...Have since swapped to an alu rad. Still running hot, so will be employing the rx7 oil cooler(s). Must also include the heater matrix into the plumbing system as an extra way to lose some heat.
Can you offset the license plate to one side? It looks like it is a huge cooling air flow obstruction at speed. Or does it just overheat when sitting still at intersections or parked and idling?

P.S. Damned fine job sir!

-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote