Msd with megasquirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msd with megasquirt

Has anyone had any problems running hei, msd box,with megasquirt?when i was trying to do some tuning with my mx3 earlier this year,my car feel like its holding back@WOT(afr wasnt to rich and the timing wasnt to high)..i decided to take back out my megasquirt,until i was ready to have it tune.2 days ago i saw someone with a mx3,who was paying to have his car tuned say that he had to disconnect the hei and msd,to tune his car.he said the car pull very well in the lower rpm,but after about 4k rpm ,the car would stop making power.after disconnecting the hei and msd box,higher rpm power came back..Has anyone else experience any problem with hei & msd box with megasquirt??thanks
    93 Probe gt- ,15.37 1/4 mile at mph 85 ** 5/24/03 14.71 SOLD
    1994 gt -klze,I/h/e/fly/ignition/kl31 ecu,colt210/210 cams Rip 2/13/08(blackice)
    92 mx3gs,ze swap from my probe 15.0@96mph :-( 175hp&155tq
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396402

im running MS2 with MSD, no HEI required. I would try bypassing it first (ensure your MS unit switches MSD to ground) but also fix your timing and rev the engine to ensure the timing does not shift, the MSD unit causes a delay that required adjustment of the spark hardware latency.
    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Working...
    X