Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to program a factory keyless entry module - Thanks to Barry G!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to program a factory keyless entry module - Thanks to Barry G!

Hey I'm getting a factory keyless remote soon to go with the modul I got in my car. Does anyone know how to program it to it's new module?
    Member # 258
    '93PGT - SOLD(twice) '92PGT - parted, '90 MX-6 GT - SOLD
    '18 Ford Super Duty SuperCrew 4x4

I ran into a problem. I have my whole interior stripped, so I figured it'd be easy to find that two pin connector. So I looked in the rear right part of the hatch. There's on that plugs into a plastic piece, that just hold it there. No wires coming out of theother end. Just two wires with a connector on it. This one is little. Then coming out of the same part of the harness is a bigger two pin connector, with nothing to plug in. I tried both, and the locks didn't lock and unlock like that post said. All the wiring was there. The module plugged right in and everything. What can I do now?
    Member # 258

Comment

It's the bigger one!

NOTE: When programming a new TIC into the electronic doorlock control processor, the TIC of the existing keyless entry remote transmitter is erased. Therefore, both the new and the existing TIC must be programmed into the electronic door lock control processor at the same time.
      Each TIC can be programmed into the electronic door lock control processor be performing the following procedure:
      1. Remove the RH luggage compartment side cover (45422). Refer to Section 01-05.
      2. Connect the battery ground cable (14301)(edit: this is assuming you've disconnected it).
      3. Turn the ignition switch to the ON or ACC position.
      NOTE: After connecting the two program inputs together, the electronic door lock control processor will lock and unlock the front doors to indicate it is ready to accept a new TIC.
      4. Using a jumper wire, connect the two program inputs together momentarily.
      (insert picture of the connector here with a BL/W wire and a BL/GN wire)
      NOTE: To indicate that it has accepted a new TIC, the electronic door lock control processor will lock and unlock the front doors.
      5. Press any button on the keyless entry remote transmitter to store the TIC into the electronic door lock control processor memory.
      NOTE: To indicate it has stored the new TIC into its memory, the electronic door lock control processor will lock and unlock the front doors again when the key is turned OFF.
      6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
      7. Disconnect the battery ground cable (Ed: assuming you're going to be doing other work).
      8. Install the RH luggage compartment side cover. Refer to Section 01-05.

Now that I've typed all that crap again will somebody please archive it? Oh, wait, I think I'll just put it on the Alabama site and we'll link to it in the future.

Cheers, Barry

PS: Here's a picture I saved from the temp forum. I have no idea who uploaded it there.
      http://www.alabamaprobes.org/jump.jpg
      Last edited by BarryG; November 6, 2002, 08:43 PM.
      Registered Probetalk Member #392.
      Co-founder of ALPOC. Formerly had '93 Rio Red GT, PRD STS-99, Bosch H4 lamps, Borla, Pilot 1055-c driving lamps. IT'S CRUNCHY!
      '93 Teal PGT. '94 black PSE. '91 PLX, 300k+ miles.

Comment

Got it. It works now. :smile: The key step forgotten in that other post was the fact that the key had to be turned to the On position. That other guy's post didn't say that. It works perfectly now. Thanks barry.
        Member # 258

Comment

Working...
        X