Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > Probe Lounge

Probe Lounge Discussion about most everything Non Probe related goes here.

Old December 18th, 2016, 07:39 PM   #76
Bufalo
PT is my life!

People who were born the day I bought my probe have been drinking legally for six months.

It's been a longer period of time since the day I bought my Probe than my age during Myrtle Madness '98.
1990 Probe LX
Bufalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2016, 09:40 PM   #77
RigsPGT
Donating Member

Surfed PT for a couple of years until I decided to join in 02, literally lived my life here until around 2013 when my beloved PGT was just sitting in garage in need of attention. Pulled the plug in it when I had to move out of there so most turbo stuff ended up with some of you, the body with some parts left ended up to a local guy who was also buying parts prior to giving up.
If only I had held it for another month when I got a better job, I would have still driven it but now I moved into older Volvos and I'm getting hooked on them just like my PGTs (yes had three second gens and two first gens from 98-13).
Cheers to all old times as well as the new blood who still finds the PGT attractive
1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods
RigsPGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 05:50 PM   #78
pgt4speed
POC Mod

I have owned a Probe longer than I haven't.
pgt4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 06:51 PM   #79
FelipeT
PT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgt4speed View Post
Well, crap, Sandon, I never thought of if that way, but you're right, so have I!

I'm guessing I'm one of the few original owners still left. And yes, I still have it.

(I also still have the bicycle and microwave oven I bought back in '95 as well.)
FelipeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 07:58 PM   #80
majo8
Donating User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgt4speed View Post
Impressive. I can't beat that, only 15 years of ownership!
majo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 08:50 PM   #81
Dan [Sac]
Admiral General

Nothing but a KLZE and a 6-speed left of all my things. Waiting for an unsuspecting Miata at some point methinks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM00932_zps9f3952b4.jpg (61.3 KB, 21 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. ||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||- SOLD
93 PGT
- 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi ||
||
||
- GONE
97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! -
- GONE
90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP
Dan [Sac] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2016, 03:57 AM   #82
c-man
Mega Moderator

Merry Christmas!
Old December 27th, 2016, 08:55 AM   #83
thecause17
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
Nothing but a KLZE and a 6-speed left of all my things. Waiting for an unsuspecting Miata at some point methinks.
Me thinks mine would work well for you.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...use17/6ul1.jpg

I guess this post will be my annual check in here. I haven't owned a Probe or MX-6 since 2005, but I still check in here every once in a while.
thecause17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2016, 10:37 AM   #84
Nechronius
Five Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majo8 View Post
Impressive. I can't beat that, only 15 years of ownership!
I've owned a Ford Probe (or two) since 1991. Although my PGT has been a garage ornament since April 2007. I'm close though. Just need to remove/test/replace the old Walbro 190lph fuel pump now which is groaning like a centenarian after a day of tackle football.

'06 Mazdaspeed 6
'13 Evolution GSR
'90/'91 PGT owned
Nechronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2016, 02:34 PM   #85
FelipeT
PT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechronius View Post
I've owned a Ford Probe (or two) since 1991. Although my PGT has been a garage ornament since April 2007. I'm close though. Just need to remove/test/replace the old Walbro 190lph fuel pump now which is groaning like a centenarian after a day of tackle football.
Wow, dude! Glad to see you are still around! For some reason I thought you were a second genner, but then again, its been a while since the BH.org mailing list, so I might not remember things quite right!

Mine's only been laid up in the garage for the past year or two. I actually worked on it a tiny bit these past couple days. Getting ready for some fun changes on mine.

William (Ntruder) still has his PGT, and as far as I know, he is the only original owner who has me beat, since his is a '93.
Old December 28th, 2016, 03:03 PM   #86
Nechronius
Five Star Member

Wow, Ntruder STILL has his '93? He of the long tube headers and unbelievably high (for the Time) HP numbers?

Yea I've actually owned 3 PGTs total, two of them 1st gens. The first got totaled in a head on collision with a '69 camaro. Felt worse for the other guy, a 17 year old kid borrowing his older brother's wheels. He made an unfortunate impulsive left turn directly in front of me. Second was the '95. At some point I got the itch to get a 1st gen but with a proper stick (my first was an automatic, a compromise I made with my dad) but sold it some time after I got the Mazdaspeed 6 and got tired of doing the driveway shuffle to avoid street cleaning which ALWAYS arrived half an hour before I would leave for work. Otherwise I probably would have kept it. At least until I got the Evo anyway. Four personal cars would be a bit much.

Still working on swapping the fuel pump right now. I'm literally down to removing it and at least testing, and I think I'm ready to actually try to fire. I already know the car will crank with the key in the ignition.

Some days I still wonder where guys like Dan Dunhem and Ross Lapkoff went off to. I know Ross got into Diamond Star cars for a while, but no idea where Dan vanished off to.

'06 Mazdaspeed 6
'13 Evolution GSR
'90/'91 PGT owned
Old December 28th, 2016, 03:51 PM   #87
FelipeT
PT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechronius View Post
Wow, Ntruder STILL has his '93? He of the long tube headers and unbelievably high (for the Time) HP numbers?
Yep. I still talk to him now and then. The '93 has been a garage ornament for some time now. I actually drove his car once. It was definitely quicker than my (then) stock PGT, but I hated his clutch.

Quote:
Second was the '95. At some point I got the itch to get a 1st gen but with a proper stick (my first was an automatic, a compromise I made with my dad) but sold it some time after I got the Mazdaspeed 6 and got tired of doing the driveway shuffle to avoid street cleaning which ALWAYS arrived half an hour before I would leave for work. Otherwise I probably would have kept it. At least until I got the Evo anyway. Four personal cars would be a bit much.
Then you don't want to know how many I own! Hell, I don't know how many I own. The perks of living in Alabama and having a clean driving record! I'm daily driving (riding?) motorcycles now, rain or shine, although I still have the '95 PGT and picked up a new Subaru BRZ in '15. I figured I should buy a new car every 20 years, whether I need it or not.

Quote:
Still working on swapping the fuel pump right now. I'm literally down to removing it and at least testing, and I think I'm ready to actually try to fire. I already know the car will crank with the key in the ignition.
Funny you should mention the fuel pump. A few years ago I decided to test my fuel pump. Turns out that the check valve is bad. I think that it's been bad since the car was new, I just lived with it being hard to start for nearly 20 years before checking why. Guess I'll need to get one, too.

Quote:
Some days I still wonder where guys like Dan Dunhem and Ross Lapkoff went off to. I know Ross got into Diamond Star cars for a while, but no idea where Dan vanished off to.
My supervisor at work is also a Dunham, No relation. (Yes, I asked!)

I'd be curious about Ross. I remember that was one of the first to post my stock '95 dyno chart as a baseline. I think that it still pops up now and again, to this day when someone references gains "versus a stock Probe."

Anyone know what became of our most prolific posting friend across the pond: Julian AF Bradbury?
Old January 3rd, 2017, 08:08 AM   #88
FRCFD6
F/I *********

Oh Hai!

Pearl '92 Audi //S4 GT3071R, running 27 psi
Lava gray '14 Audi //SQ5, Chipwerke, 034 Intake Pipe
For PSP Awareness click
FRCFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 08:22 AM   #89
Probesport
20 years of Probin'

And you are?

|
|
|
| 2005 VW Touareg V8
Probesport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 09:02 AM   #90
FRCFD6
F/I *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probesport View Post
And you are?
RAF

Pearl '92 Audi //S4 GT3071R, running 27 psi
Lava gray '14 Audi //SQ5, Chipwerke, 034 Intake Pipe
For PSP Awareness click
FRCFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 11:01 PM   #91
Bryan_Johnson
PT Regular

Not quite sure what even prompted me to log in.....but anyway...

I didn't join until March 2000 but I was previously on the old BH.org mailing list...so if that doesn't make me an old timer, I don't know what will.

Good to see some folks I haven't talked to in forever I also wonder what became of Julian....and what about Leif (alfie?) and Mike Palmer?

Not an original owner but bought my 91' in November of 92'. Currently it sits safely in the garage with 329k.

Interestingly enough my friend just texted me a photo of a 90'LX I bought in '99 and sold in '09. Car still runs and drives good per his cousin who just bought. My total amateur paint job seems to be holding up pretty well too. If anyone remembers the digital dash on the 1st gen it can't physically read out over 199999.9 mies....it rolls back to 100000.0. My friends cousin was super pissed when I told him it really had 216k on it, not 116k as the cluster indicated. I sold it at 180k (original miles), so someone down the line was not-so-honest....
Bryan_Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 05:31 AM   #92
Probesport
20 years of Probin'

I haven't seen Leif in some time, last was running into him at lunch a year or so back.

Julian, Mike - haven't heard from in forever.

|
|
|
| 2005 VW Touareg V8
Old January 8th, 2017, 12:34 PM   #93
pgt4speed
POC Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeT View Post
Well, crap, Sandon, I never thought of if that way, but you're right, so have I!

I'm guessing I'm one of the few original owners still left. And yes, I still have it.

(I also still have the bicycle and microwave oven I bought back in '95 as well.)
I was thinking about how you've been. Glad to hear that you still have the Probe as well

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probesport View Post
I haven't seen Leif in some time, last was running into him at lunch a year or so back.

Julian, Mike - haven't heard from in forever.
I ran into Leif last summer riding my bike around the neighborhood.
pgt4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 06:45 AM   #94
spada
ProbeTalk MC

Leif's wedding was fun. Decent DJ too.
spada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 06:59 AM   #95
Probesport
20 years of Probin'

Cotton candy, Sweet and low.

|
|
|
| 2005 VW Touareg V8
Old January 14th, 2017, 11:31 AM   #96
KnezicDex
PT Regular

Hi, i might be probing again after 3 years
KnezicDex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 06:41 AM   #97
93GTSR
Donating Member

For some reason i felt the urge to check back in today, after not being on the board in nearly 8 years or so. Hope everyone is doing well! I now make my living building/modifying another 90's sports car (the MKII MR2). Been doing it for about 9 years now or so, and doing well!

-Ty
93GTSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 08:25 AM   #98
StreetThisMX6
PT Guru

I met so many good people on PT. I am amazed this forum is still alive and kicking after all these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93GTSR View Post
For some reason i felt the urge to check back in today, after not being on the board in nearly 8 years or so. Hope everyone is doing well! I now make my living building/modifying another 90's sports car (the MKII MR2). Been doing it for about 9 years now or so, and doing well!

-Ty

Glad to see you are living out your passion!
Old February 20th, 2017, 08:43 AM   #99
Jim
Supercharged Member

Don't know why, but had an impulse to go check the ol' Probetalk forums today after several years.

I guess this is the thread to be posting in!

Lots of good memories...
Newer Mistresses: 2003 Mazda Miata Shinsen (amazingly still have), 1997 M3 Sedan (sold), 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca (sold), Tesla Model 3 on the way!
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:48 PM   #100
Nechronius
Five Star Member

Well I finally did it. I got my car started.

https://youtu.be/yj4c2JxXflk

Quick background:
Car sat since June of 2007. A lot of the usual problems. Hard starting being the biggest one. Got a new job and then a new car in Sep/Oct 2006 and I just didn't have Time to deal with the Probe's issues anymore.

Over two years ago I gave it a half hearted attempt to crank it with no success, it wouldn't budge. I almost gave up. Late last year I finally decided that if I didn't get it running again by April 2017 (Basically before Fabulous Fords show at Knott's) I'd part it out.

I have a bit more cleanup to do and testing for road worthiness, but by this weekend I'll give the car a quick drive in my neighborhood, to make sure it works. I only moved it about five feet back and forth to get better positioning in the garage.

I guess I'll be back to active duty Probing pretty soon.

'06 Mazdaspeed 6
'13 Evolution GSR
'90/'91 PGT owned