Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > Probe Lounge

Probe Lounge Discussion about most everything Non Probe related goes here.

Old December 3rd, 2017, 06:18 PM   #1
pyrosage

Looking for my old car

Anyone have contact info for Tim95pgt? He purchased my car in Arkansas in 2005.. would love to buy it back. https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...p?t=1701170265
pyrosage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2017, 01:34 PM   #2
Probe 2C
11 Digits of Prime

I'd probably buy my car back if it ever came around again.

I sold it to a kid that wasn't on probetalk as far as I know. It probably ended up in a junkyard as I heard that he popped a headgasket 5-6 months after he got it.
Old December 26th, 2017, 02:52 PM   #3
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probe 2C View Post
I'd probably buy my car back if it ever came around again.

I sold it to a kid that wasn't on probetalk as far as I know. It probably ended up in a junkyard as I heard that he popped a headgasket 5-6 months after he got it.
Or it might even have received some painted interiors (latex and paintbrush) a huge NFS rear LED lighted flying wing, some 36" donks, a 10" dia fart can, some big arse Honda stickers in the rear window and some of those stick-on BMW-look fender vents with chrome trim.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; December 26th, 2017 at 02:53 PM.
KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2017, 10:33 PM   #4
Mike 99
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
Or it might even have received some painted interiors (latex and paintbrush) a huge NFS rear LED lighted flying wing, some 36" donks, a 10" dia fart can, some big arse Honda stickers in the rear window and some of those stick-on BMW-look fender vents with chrome trim.

Cruel and unusual! Kind of like saying, well, that nice person you used to know at the cafe was killed in an industrial accident when they grabbed a slowly rotating piece of machinery.

Unfortunately though, quite possible. Taking a 94 parts car I picked up at an auction for $100 to the junkers tomorrow, finished getting what I wanted. It had undergone the high school kid treatment - rattle can though, not latex. I didn't save the fart can.
Mike 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 04:48 AM   #5
KLZE Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 99 View Post
...Taking a 94 parts car I picked up at an auction for $100 to the junkers tomorrow, finished getting what I wanted. It had undergone the high school kid treatment - rattle can though, not latex. I didn't save the fart can.
Yes -unfortunately the Probe is one of those that kids do tend to abuse with their customization or whatever just happens to be trending at the moment.

When I said something about the latex paint and paint brush -that comes from a real life encounter. I was at the yard looking for Probe parts when I spotted a blue convertible Probe. Top was hacked off -probably with dad's Sawzall -complete with unfinished edges all around. And then it was painted the most hideous latex baby blue complete with brush strokes.

There was another fellow there looking at it as well and so I made a comment or two. He immediately went into a rage and said that it was his cousin's car and that he helped him build it up that way and wanted to fight over my comments. How was I to know? I am guessing that him and his cousin honestly thought that what they had done to the car was good! Imagine that!

Unfortunately -at that time I didn't have a smart phone to capture the moment. It was totallly puke-worthy!

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; December 27th, 2017 at 02:33 PM.
Old December 27th, 2017, 02:21 PM   #6
PassingLane
Search Impaired

I guess this is why I'm still hanging on to my Probe. I rarely use it but can't bear to see some kid 'customizing' it.

Bruce
Old December 27th, 2017, 02:32 PM   #7
KLZE Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingLane View Post
I guess this is why I'm still hanging on to my Probe. I rarely use it but can't bear to see some kid 'customizing' it.

Bruce
^^^Agreed!

Old April 8th, 2018, 09:26 AM   #8
Probe 2C
11 Digits of Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
I'd still buy it back. I think it'd be fun to put it back together. I was scraping anything together that I could when I had it... the rolling freebie after all those bulk buys.

Now that I have a bit of money, it'd be nice to make it a project with my 11 year old son.
Old April 8th, 2018, 10:05 PM   #9
BLUEnoEQ

I got "closure" my first Probe was wrecked.

BLUEnoEQ is offline   Reply With Quote