Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuts! It's almost March!

Here it is, almost March!
    So I guess it's time to start getting ideas for Medford Smackdown 2009. It looks like it'll be in July again this year, as that's what works better. Other than that, very little has been planned.
    We've thought about camping, a barbeque/picnic, possibly a scenic drive up towards Crater Lake, in addition to the kart track.
    Any other reasonable ideas?
    Also, how much interest is there in attending this year?
    Thanks for your input
    KevinD
    1995 Sapphire Blue Mustang GT Convertible, 2006 Storm Red Metallic Mercedes-Benz CLK 350 Cabriolet, 2006 Dark Shadow Gray Ford F250 V10 Supercab 4x4, 2004 Perlite Gray Metallic Mercedes-Benz E320 4Matic, 2002 Burgundy Pearl Suzuki XL-7 Touring, 1971 Spring Green Jeep J4000 Gladiator, 1966 Signal Flare Red Ford Fairlane, to name a few...

I am in unless something unexpected comes up!

Comment

Most of the planning of this is going to be dependent on how much interest we see. I'll be down there regardless, but unless there is a good bit of interest, we probably won't plan anything official.
      Kevin B - Former Probe-owner
      06 Legacy GT
      98 Legacy GT

Comment

Where are you planning on staying? Motel 6 south?

Comment

It sure is hard to believe its almost march can't wait till spring/summer
          95 GT Chameleon Beauty
          http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps15cc5293.jpg

"Without Risk There Is No Reward"

Comment

Originally posted by pavelk313 View Post
            Where are you planning on staying? Motel 6 south?
            I'm not sure yet. We stayed at a different hotel last year that was further north and it was more convenient for access to the track, but a bit spendy. I think it was a Ramada, but I'm not sure.
            Kevin B - Former Probe-owner
            06 Legacy GT
            98 Legacy GT

Comment

I'm in unless it's on july 4th weekend or on the weekend of the 25th
              Original Ricepoc member
              93 Black GT,mildly modified..----------------- SOLD
              1991 Kawasaki ZX7R....all the speed i need!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tnovello View Post
                I'm in unless it's ... on the weekend of the 25th
                Oops...

KevinD
                1995 Sapphire Blue Mustang GT Convertible, 2006 Storm Red Metallic Mercedes-Benz CLK 350 Cabriolet, 2006 Dark Shadow Gray Ford F250 V10 Supercab 4x4, 2004 Perlite Gray Metallic Mercedes-Benz E320 4Matic, 2002 Burgundy Pearl Suzuki XL-7 Touring, 1971 Spring Green Jeep J4000 Gladiator, 1966 Signal Flare Red Ford Fairlane, to name a few...

Comment

I still think drag racing should replace the autoX. The one year when we had dragstrip access we had the largest # of cars participate, and the most fun as well. I'm sure at some point in june & july we can find an open date. I'm tired of seeing 3 cars at the autoX event and only one or two running.
                  90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                  93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                  97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                  90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
                    I still think drag racing should replace the autoX.
                    Really?
                    Does anybody else feel this way?
                    There's a drag strip right next to the kart track, and they offer several "open" track events throughout the summer.

KevinD

Comment

i am sooo down this year. I will be in American all summer for once. and i definatly vote for AutoX. Although i would not be dissappointed with drag racing.

If there is anything i could do to help let me know!
                      Timberline grey 96 pgt 5sp. Lowered on 18's w/ a custom sts stolen and M.I.A.
                      Noble Green KLZE'd MX-6 LS 5sp, STS, HID's and Yellow Fogs, SSAC'd,2.25 catback, KN'd, lip'd, CF hood, sittin low on H&R coilovers,Strut bars and 626 sway bar, FD's and bumpin'
                      http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...hroughhood.jpg

Comment

yeah i had a blast the year we drag raced..
                        Original Ricepoc member
                        93 Black GT,mildly modified..----------------- SOLD
                        1991 Kawasaki ZX7R....all the speed i need!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ouch1011 View Post
                          I'm not sure yet. We stayed at a different hotel last year that was further north and it was more convenient for access to the track, but a bit spendy. I think it was a Ramada, but I'm not sure.
                          It was the Rammada Inn.

I would rather do AutoX than drag, just because I can go to the dragstrip up here any weekend but there are no autoX events almost never.

We were thinking about going on the weekend of July 25th but I guess that will depend on what we do, drag or autoX
                          Ruben.
                          PNW
                          97 GSX
                          04 STI
                          94 PGT

Comment

Yeah, everyone says that every year, and just like every year, no one gets up early enough on either sat. or sun. to go to the track other than 1 or 2 or maybe at most 3 cars.

Drag racing is usually in the afternoon/eve, so no excuses. Plus more people would be willing to do it (lots of "my car can't take it") excuses for the autoX, or "my tires are crappy" or anything else. Drag racing is hard also, but it's no different than what you already do on a daily basis (come on, you know that on-ramp that you JUST have to gun it out of till the top of 4th gear? yeah, that's drag racing when you get on the straight part).

Plus I have an excuse to bring the blue/yellow car
                            90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                            93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                            97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                            90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Well, the clutch in the Probe wouldn't stand for either event (it's a little soft after 175,000 miles on the original clutch), and either of the other cars I'd bring would need roll bars.
                              I can hear it now: "Honey, can I put a roll bar in the CLK?"

OK, here's the drag strip schedule.
                              You may notice a Friday Night Drag on July 24.
                              Hmmm...
                              Anyone for a 3-day weekend?

KevinD
                              Last edited by KevinD; March 9, 2009, 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X