Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Probe Owners Clubs > Southern California Probe Owners Club

Southern California Probe Owners Club Serving Sunny Southern California

Old November 23rd, 2015, 01:57 AM   #26
dmark101
Obfuscatory & Abstruse Nomenclature

yeah, the water pump and timing belt are pretty easy to do, especially with the engine out of the car.

btw, i should be getting my rack in on tuesday. hopefully i can get it done before the end of the year.
dmark101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 08:41 AM   #27
Eric351M

Okay, so I just noticed that the timing belt kit I got was the different size water pump shaft. My question is do I need to get another water pump or can I just get the correct sized pulley?

Thanks for any input

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Eric351M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 10:25 AM   #28
DougieFBabY
PT Regular

Looks real nice, good f.... Work man.
U don't want a full ze engine.anyway, their heads are trash and known for.dropping.valves!!!!
Besides zes are.overrated, cams are all u need from them
I had a de wit ze cams and my boy had a real ze and we raced.our probes, same clutch setup, and he pulled.by seriously the width of a finger, LOL, if that and I missed a shift, clutch was still new, if I.had nailed that shift I would have pulled
DougieFBabY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 01:53 PM   #29
dmark101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric351M View Post
Okay, so I just noticed that the timing belt kit I got was the different size water pump shaft. My question is do I need to get another water pump or can I just get the correct sized pulley?

Thanks for any input
you can just get the right pulley. junk yard should have them if you can find a probe/mx-6/626 in there.

i'm curious. what size shaft did the pump have eric? 32mm? i wound up having to replace my pump not too long before i shut the car down. place gave me the 32mm shaft. i was lucky though, because my mx-6 had that size and i had kept the pulley.

i still have my 16mm though. the new rack i bought actually came with the rubber bushing for the mounting clamp. sweet.
Old December 5th, 2015, 06:32 PM   #30
Eric351M

The engine had the 32mm and the timing kit had the 16mm.
I went to one junk yard a found nothing. I think it's going to be harder to find parts at the junk yard for probes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 6th, 2015, 12:10 AM   #31
dmark101

Quote:
The engine had the 32mm and the timing kit had the 16mm.
I went to one junk yard a found nothing. I think it's going to be harder to find parts at the junk yard for probes.
which yard did you go to?

i still find a decent amount down at the wilmington yards. don't see too many up in ontario or san bernadino.
Old December 6th, 2015, 08:15 AM   #32
Eric351M

I went to Ontario and Riverside

Old December 6th, 2015, 10:43 AM   #33
dmark101

Quote:
I went to Ontario and Riverside
yeah, i had a feeling those were the two you went to.

keep in mind that you can also grab the pulley from a 626 as well. if you find one, always keep both a 16mm and a 32mm pulley on hand. everywhere i looked, the larger bore water pump was actually less expensive that the smaller bore.

go figure.