suspension setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension setup

well i was just wondering.. ok is tokicos hp series the only shocks for ours cars beside kyb ...just wondering .. aslo would yall susjest ground control coilovers with those shocks.. or eibach prokit???

also if i get the coilovers what modifications are needed to install them???

thanks in advanced
    My Baby
    89pgt..170k miles..cone filter.dsr 3in turbo back..civic sts... south bend tz clutch.. eclipse fstb.. rebuilt head wth 3 valve angle job, zombie chip and turboxs mbc, msd blaster II, susp tech poly endlinks. factory mx-6 rstb and lower tie bar...tranny that cough up diff pin.

the coilovers for the second gen wont work in the back based that the 2nd gen coil is smaller in diameter. but if the GC are forthe 1st gen then your all set.

nothing else is involved when installing suspension, except an alignment is a must.

i think theres illumina's you can use for the first gen. and also anything that is 2nd gen you can use also. the back bolt area that bolts to the rear control arm needs to be shimmed 2mm off for it to fit. the fronts are diect bolt on.

Comment

I think you can use the Illuminas as well. It makes sense, since you can use the blues...
      Jesus is the remedy
      Black '94 GT DE/ZE hyrbid, too many parts to list
      Black '89 MX-6 GT AWS: T3/T4 turbo, 3" exhaust, big brakes, FD's, K-sports, FD's, plus much more...
      Ebony Pearl '95 Subaru SVX LSi home of: BontragerWerks 22mm RSB #001

Comment

Originally posted by natro
        the coilovers for the second gen wont work in the back based that the 2nd gen coil is smaller in diameter. .
        actually they work, and they work well, i put a set on a 91 lx about a year ago, with a set of 1st gen kyb's, thing is dropped, looks really good.
        PaTricK
        ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

ohh....i figured since you cant put the springs on then the coilovers wont work...good to know!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X