X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not even sure why I clicked on the post reply button. I think after I read about 9 pages of the Club RSX thread about Bert, I just needed to say something. I know most of what I'm going to say has been said before. But I need to say it. Maybe just for me.

I, like every member of probetalk, love cars. I am only 18. I know that at many times I do not act maturely. I think that is the case for most all of us regardless of age. I have found myself in countless situations where my love for cars, speed, adrenaline, etc. have conflicted with the law, my own safety, and the safety of others. I do not pretend to be proud of these instances, or think that they make me "tough". If anything, I try to learn from these times and remember them as lessons.

I have had many incidents on the road in which I have had amazingly close-calls, and incidents in which I have not been so lucky. I am sure that many people have had more "extreme" incidents and that perhaps my stories would pale in comparison. Frankly, I don't care. I have had my fair share, and quite honestly I don't want to have a fair share of them any more.

I think we all need to realize something: ********WE ARE NOT INVINCEABLE********* This is something that I truly did not understand at one time. When I first got my license, I had a fast BMW, windy roads, a love for speed and g-forces, and absolutely no fear. I have had access to vehicles like Roush mustangs, a Dodge Viper, etc. - These vehicles while bringing me more of a rush and adrenaline, also brought me closer to the wall, and faster. I have seen what I fear can only be understood through experience. I don't know why it took me 5 tickets and 2 accidents in one year of having my license and a now 6-month suspended license to realize that I am human. To be honest, I don't think enough of us do realize that we are human. Human is just a word, but that word defines what we are, and within that definition is the ability to die.

I could run for pages with stories of my experiences on the road, all the things that have made me realize that life is not a right but a priviledge, one that we decide wether or not we are worthy of it every day.
    However, it is not my stories that will convince whoever reads this of anything. The things that will change your views are your own experiences, incidents, and memories. Think about them. Let them teach you.

Fellow probe enthusiasts, I dread the day that I see the thread titled: "Soandso wrecked. Critical condition. Not looking good." But I know that it will happen. Sooner or later (and I have not checked previous threads to see if it has already happened) one of us is not going to be as lucky as we have been.

No matter how much we modify our cars, no matter how skilled or exerienced of a driver we think we are, no matter what we tell ourselves, the only thread of hope we have between staying glued to the street or losing that grip and suddenly being helpless and asking yourself as you spin uncontrollably "am I going to survive this" is 4 tiny 2 square inch pads of rubber. That is the only thing connecting us to the ground, and that is nothing.

I suppose I should just stop typing. I have too much more to say. I don't know what you are thinking right now as you read this. Just know that I am writing this, as someone who quite honestly loves streetracing to the core. I love everything about cars, speed, windy roads, etc. And yet, I don't feel like I am betraying that part of me in any way by writing this.
    In fact, I think that part of me is thankful. Because it just might be around a little bit longer thanks to the things I have learned.

Comment

RE **********WE ARE INVINCIBLE********

You dont have to be *******Invincible********* if you know how to drive and be able to react to all those dumbass drivers out there.
      http://www.tryspot.com/objectmotion/..._autoprobe.gif

Comment

Originally posted by BlackPrbGT:
        You dont have to be *******Invincible********* if you know how to drive and be able to react to all those dumbass drivers out there.
        how are you going to react to a drunk driver running a stop sign when you're going 100+ mph? How are you going to react to a wreck up ahead involving a turned over semi that is blocking the road? how you gonna react to a car full of high ass teenagers that are swerving right in your direction? its not like we all have jedi reflexes and that we can react in a split second, the human body doesnt work that way. you never know what fate is gonna throw your way buddy.
        93 SE. Motegi RT-5's, Wings West Spoiler, Ractive Exhaust, Slipping Clutch Mod Founder of Crunk Customs Car Club.http://www.crunkcustoms.tk Car Domain Page: http://www.cardomain.com/id/chasesprobe

Comment

Re: RE **********WE ARE INVINCIBLE********

Originally posted by BlackPrbGT
          Sounds like me a little over a year ago.....

Look, eventually, life is going to catch up with you and you'll realize that all the driving skill and reaction time that you have (and you don't have as much as you think) won't help you a bit in a scary amount of situations. I just hope it takes you until you're sitting in a hospital bed to realize that. Unfortunatley, for some people that's what it takes to teach them.

Comment

how about them tickets

I got mine last night

Racing and Reckless and spent the night in jail

all in all this will cost me 600 dollars minumum (already cost 25 booking fee and 105 to get my car out)

ohh yeah, they will probubly take my license for a while, so that will cost me my life for the most part.....hurt my relationship with my girl......my job.....my damn life

be smarter than me guys.
            05' AM General 1151 Up-Armored HMMWV "Humvee" TurboDiesel V8, 190chp - 400ctq on JP8
            99' Honda VTR1000F 996 Superhawk
            94' Ford Ranger 4.0L XLT
            96' Boysenberry Probe GT - ZE Swap

Comment

Yea, I have another month left before I get my license back. I've been iwthout it for 6 months so far. Really sucks. I have 4 tickets and 2 accidents all ready. I learned the hard way.

Comment

I have 2 tickets (besides the ones i got for racing this weekend)

one from when i was 16, got traffic school so there should be no points on my license, and another with traffic school at age 17...

now im 18 and im busted for street racing.....no points on my license....yet they wanna be all hard on street racing in the court system these days ever since alot of stupid people that dont really even have anything to do with actual street racing in the first place got themselves killed doing it around here.

so i dunno if ill lose it or not, i hope not...
                05' AM General 1151 Up-Armored HMMWV "Humvee" TurboDiesel V8, 190chp - 400ctq on JP8
                99' Honda VTR1000F 996 Superhawk
                94' Ford Ranger 4.0L XLT
                96' Boysenberry Probe GT - ZE Swap

Comment

Yea, you won't loose it for points, but aside from the times ive been in court for my own tickets, I had to go to the courthouse once to watch, and they really have been cracking down on street racing lately. Hopefully you'll be okay. Depends on how the judge feels and what your ticket says. If it's 'contest of speed' or such then when he reads it hes going to do the typical thing and steriotype you as one of them streetracer types...

Comment

Ok, I must say this is the first topic not telling me street racing is the evil that plagues my system. Thanks for not telling me i cant street race, cause i do. thanks!

Comment

I used to street race when I first got my probe. I was faster then the lil kitted honda's.. Most people with probes realize they can shred a lot of cars... hell we can hang with a stang if we have some skill. But i dont race anymore... I have many reasons... but those that stand out in my mind are
                      1. A close friend of mine from when I was a child 5-6ish got cancer around 14. It was leukemia which is as most people know very hard to treat. HE managed to beat it out, be it god, luck, karma... whatever you want. A local dealership gave him a brand new car and he got his license not to long after. 2-3 months later I got a call around 2 at night/norning saying he had been in an accident.... He had been driving home (not drunk or anything.. not asleep at the wheel or anything) and was hit by one of two cars racing on a road in a rural area... The road is perfect for racing for the most part only 1 interesection, and such.. But they were not paying attention and the car which was behind cut out into the wrong lane of traffic just as he made a right turn ad hit him head on going over 100mph... he was killed on impact, he had his belt on, and the car had a front airbag.. the trama to his body was enough to kill him instantly... He spent 2 years of hell fighting cancer.... to be killed by some people showing off how fast there cars are...

And recently i came upon an accident where a mustange and a f-150 lightning had impacted one another head on... the Lightning had been racing another car, and hit the mustange head on... the people inside were men around 25.. and were crying and screaming in pain... the agony and pain they were in made me cry. ANd i am a hardnosed 19 year old who has no emotions... I cried... not a tear .. i CRIED. To see the suffering these men had to go through because of the guy in the lighting had to show he was faster made me want to kill the guy in the truck on the spot.. i didnt, and helped him because i am a better person then to exact my own justice... but I will never forget watching 3 men cry like children from horrible pain... that was not there fault, that they could do nothing about.....

Thats my rant...
                      I did street race.. and now i shall never street race....

ANd i wont tell people to stop street racing... but if I ever meet you, and see you racing... I will call the police.. i will get your plates... and if you are going to hurt someone.. i will take you out with my own car...

If you die racing, I will mourn your death and the suffering of your family.. but you kill another person racing... and I WILL hope that suffer horribly. Death is not good enough for those that put death on anothers family...

I have devoted a part of my life to hunting racers... I know that will make many of you hate me... hell some mod might just delete this whole post for flaming...

Ok.. thats my 2 am rant...
                      Hate me, ban me, delete this post.. but that is my personal experiences...

Trevor
                      ---------------------------
                      I was a street racer....
                      Got boost?
                      2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
                      Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

You fricken guys need to lighten up.

Bottom line is take it to the track.

If you want to drive at break neck speeds then join me and many others at MAS!

TARMAC BLACK 2006 EVOLUTION 9 SPECIAL EDITION 430WHP

JJM CUSTOM TUNE /// ETS FMIC /// HKS TBE EXHAUST /// BBK TURBO /// OHLINS COILOVERS /// FIC 1100 INJECTORS

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

duude, you shouldnt tell the guy to "lighten up" he has gone though some pretty fu<ked up **** especally with his friend,

ive seen the way people street race and all, they are ust stupid, ive also seen people jerk into the opposite lane on purpose to scare the other driver.

i did a few little BS races but it was on the NJ parkway, which (where i live) is a vast open area, 2 lanes, with just acres of grass on the side, its "safe" but after reading this post, i will not race without a helmet and paid admission.

Comment

Re: Race on the street? Read.

I will never streetrace again either.About a week ago I was talkin to my friend at this club we were at, and we decided to race, it was just supposed to be a joke, but it didn't end up that way.I was in my dad's 97 Sonoma and my friend was in his Mom's new Malibu, well the roads were just a little damp b/c of a small shower earlier in the day, (it was about 9:00 at night now) I was in the left lane and he was in the right of a highqway that hasd 2 lanes goin same direction, and we were racin and we were doin about 85 right before we came up on this big bend, and I geared down and slowed to bout 60 and still was losin traction in the turn, but my friend flew up next to me and i saw his car get sideways right next to me and his car looked like it was gonna flip, but he spun around 2 or 3 times, and he slammed into the gaurdrail. it was the scariest thing i've ever seen, it was what I needed to see, AND THAT WILL KEEP ME OFF THE STREETS FOREVER NOW!!!!!!

Comment

wow that is bad i will think twice about going otu and horsing around ion my car

Comment

Yep.. sadly it takes shit like that for people to realize how dangerous it is.....

Trevor
                                Got boost?
                                2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
                                Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X