Credit Card Payments......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Payments......

Okay, we're looking into credit card processing per the request of quite a few customers. However, I would like to get a general concensus on the temporary short comings of a system such as this.

First of all we would most likely incorporate Authorize.net into our shopping cart. Unfortunately, once a credit card has been authorized for payment it will take about 48 hours for the funds to reach our account, which could delay shipment of orders using this method of payment up to 2 days. Being that the majority of our orders are shipped FedEx 2Day service, this shouldn't cause much delay at all.

We would really like to get some feedback on this before we proceed.

Thanks,

--Adam
    Yes I would mind! I want my parts yesterday!
    11.11%
    No, I wouldn't mind.
    83.33%
    Errrrr.....I don't know if I would mind
    5.56%
    Last edited by ProjectShadow; September 8, 2004, 10:51 AM.
    2004 Ford Mustang GT - 4.6L V8 AT - Tuned - 3.73s - CAI

while I havent purchased anything from you yet, if I where to purchase i would prefer to us CC. 48hrs isnt that bad.
    95 GT~ZE: SOLD!!

Comment

I agree 2 days isn't that long of a wait. After all we have been waiting a lot longer then that for certain products. Anyways I got my Ti retainers and locks...they look great Adam! Why would it take so long to deposit the money into your account? No place else I have ever ordered from has a delay like that. Is it some sort of cost saving plan? I think you know that people that shop online use credit cards. Any online business needs to asccept them to be competitive. Though I paid you though Paypal...who lets anyone accept credit card payments. Great system expensive for the seller to use.
      1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee (A12, M-code, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed , Dana 60 rear w/4.10 gears)
      1973 Plymouth Duster (225 Super Six, aluminum 4-speed O/D, 8.25" rear w/3.55 gears)
      1974 Dodge Dart Sport (406 big block, aluminum 4-speed, 8.75" rear w/3.91 gears)

Comment

Yeah, PayPal is much more expensive for me to use, but it's somewhat convenient for some that don't have credit cards.

Okay, here's how my system works right now. The only products I carry here locally are the CZT Valve Kits. I have a supplier in California that carries everything else. So because I have to pay them to ship the products out I have to physically have the money that was paid for that specific product available.

However, once the sales volume picks up, I will be able to ship products as soon as the credit card clears through my terminal, thus eliminating this delay. So the delay would only be temporary. As will my not carrying products on hand, as I plan to open a physical store front here in Albuquerque in the next year or so. I should have at least a 10,000 sq-ft warehouse of my own, including a large showroom.

GForce Automotive will be one of the few "Probe Friendly" stores and shops in the country

I had something lined up to accept credit cards, but it fell through, so I'm going to talk to my bank sometime this week and see if I can't get Authorize.net setup so that I can accept Credit Cards.

I will keep you guys updated.

--Adam

Comment

sweet thanks for explaining everything! this sounds like an excellent plan...You need a "probe friendly" salesman to work at your store? or to sweep the floors or something?? That would rock!!!
          1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee (A12, M-code, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed , Dana 60 rear w/4.10 gears)
          1973 Plymouth Duster (225 Super Six, aluminum 4-speed O/D, 8.25" rear w/3.55 gears)
          1974 Dodge Dart Sport (406 big block, aluminum 4-speed, 8.75" rear w/3.91 gears)

Comment

You guys do except paypal right? If so, it is faster and withdrawels it strait out of your bank account or cc. Or atleast thats how mine is. I dont have to have the money already deposited into my paypal account to send it.

-Mike

But for those that don't have paypal accounts. Its cool that you are looking for other means to compensate for them.
            farfegnugen-n., a speed-induced euphoric state in which the driver of an automobile believes he/she is moving at a sufficient rate of speed to leave all troubles behind.

Cardomain
            | MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by SirMichael
              You guys do except paypal right? If so, it is faster and withdrawels it strait out of your bank account or cc. Or atleast thats how mine is. I dont have to have the money already deposited into my paypal account to send it.

-Mike

But for those that don't have paypal accounts. Its cool that you are looking for other means to compensate for them.
              Yeah currently we accept PayPal and Money Orders.

--Adam

Comment

Hey why dont you have a layaway plan for people who are tight on the funds.
                Maybe they can pay you little by little until the balance is paid off then you can ship them the goods. I think if more vendors did that then more people would buy more.
                Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

^^ damn good idea.. and that way theyd put a good # down.. and make it non-refundable so theyre not jacking around with you...
                  Dave's an idiot

Comment

I'm currently looking into viable options for a layaway system that will allow up to a 90 day layaway with minimum down-payment of 30% of the total purchase price including shipping. I may be able to find something over the weekend, but I'll keep everyone updated.

--Adam

Comment

Working...
                    X