Issues, Issues, Issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues, Issues, Issues...

Ok, my car is stuck in the middle of bum**** GA. It started to buck and miss, eventually died, and now it wont restart. No spark at the distributor. First, I tried rewiring the harness and using a 93 disty on my 95. This didnt work. Next up was the HEI mod on the 95, then on the 93, both those didnt work. We checked for pulses at the ignitor and got one. I talked to pzz quite a bit on the phone, so hopefully he'll post something, because I dont get along with car electronics well.

At this point Im just exploring options. I'd like to go the MSD route, something aftermarket if Im going to drop any appreciable amount of cash on fixing this POS.
    _™

You're assuming your problem is even electrical. Do you have spark?
    '96 MX-6 LS V6 M/T KL-ZE / '93 MX-6 LS V6 A/T [R.I.P.]
    '93 MX-6 LS V6 M/T KL-ZE [R.I.P.] / '94 Mazda 626 LS V6 M/T [R.I.P.]
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/snailman153624

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT WORKING!

Comment

I dont have spark, I do have FP at the FPR. At this point it would have to be the coil, assuming I hooked up the HEI correctly, which pzz says I did. What are the chances of finding two distys with bad coils though
      _™

Comment

Or perhaps your engine ground is just totally weak and you fried them both
        '96 MX-6 LS V6 M/T KL-ZE / '93 MX-6 LS V6 A/T [R.I.P.]
        '93 MX-6 LS V6 M/T KL-ZE [R.I.P.] / '94 Mazda 626 LS V6 M/T [R.I.P.]
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/snailman153624

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT WORKING!

Comment

Im gonna get a PRD cap and an external coil. If the car still doesnt start after that any ideas what it could be?

How would I check the ground?
          _™

Comment

did you check the resistance at the CPS sensor?

-Ty

Comment

Same crap happened to me. Kept having spark issues, so I tried the cheap way out, HEI module. It's funny you mention rypazz because when I hooked this up and went around the block he was in the car and helped push me back home lol. Car bucked and ran like crap then died...

Got a PRD dual tower cap and a jacobs ignition and I've been gold since.
              98 Z3
              2000 F150

Comment

My stock setup WAS functioning before I put the HEI on, just wasnt as strong as I needed it to be. FYI
                98 Z3
                2000 F150

Comment

ignition uses the CMP, CKP1, and CKP2
                  the alternating DC voltage from the hall effects for the CMP and CKP1(if it has it)are in the disty itself. i think the CMP goes appx. 0.6v to 5v once per cycle and CKP1 should change voltage 6 times per cycle of the disty, and their both on the 6-pin connector

CKP2's plug is by the dipstick. its a 3-pin. across green and red wires should be around 580 ohms cold 650 ohms hot

you can also chec the coil primary and secondary resistance to see if its good, but i cant remember the specs for that right now.

also, if you have the hei mod on it, you should be able to unplug one of the outputs from the module to the coil and touch it to ground to cause spark. it should spark when you break the ground connection. thats all the module does, it translates the ecu voltage pulse to a negative switch.
                  '95 PGT Turbo 324WHP 293WTQ at 10.5 psi 375WHP 339WTQ at 14.5 psi
                  '02 Mazda Millenia 2.5
                  '90 Mazda Miata 1.6
                  '92 PGL Hiding with a fence built around it
                  '94 PGT R.I.P.(totaled by dui guy)

Comment

Im waiting for the disty to get here. I'll install it with the HEI still wired in, if it works, good, if not...well, I'll take the HEI off and then see if that works. If still no-go, then Im selling the ****ing car.
                    _™

Comment

remember though, don't wire in the HEI with the stock ignitor strap still on there, the coil probably wouldn't like both ignitors trying to fire it
                      1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
                      2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                      2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Anybody know the correct wire order for the 3-pin connector to the disty on a 95?
                        _™

Comment

Pulled the engine codes, got a 26 and a 2 as far as I can tell. 2 seems to be the ckps but when its in place, and the mechanic in GA said he was getting pulse from the sensor to the harness that plugs into the disty. What is a 26?
                          _™

Comment

Originally posted by QuadCam_GT
                            Pulled the engine codes, got a 26 and a 2 as far as I can tell. 2 seems to be the ckps but when its in place, and the mechanic in GA said he was getting pulse from the sensor to the harness that plugs into the disty. What is a 26?
                            Purge Solenoid Valve or Circuit

Comment

Working...
                            X